As a new clan IRC (Internet Relay Chat) can help you get connected to the DP community. It can give you a central way to contact your members and to find scrims and matches for your clan.
You need to do three things to get started.
1. Start chatting in IRC
2. Establish a clan channel on IRC
3. Enable scrim requests. Step 1
For the first step simply follow the directions in Dirty Taco's clan guide. It is illustrated to make the process simple:http://dplogin.com/forums/index.php?topic=2004.0Step 2
For the second step of establishing a clan channel you have to do the following:
1. Pick a name for your channel. Ideally it should be your clan tag or a variation of it. Many use something like this: #team_clanname
So for instance UE uses #team_ue
2. Use the normal join command. As long as your name is not already taken it should make a new channel and give you operator power to kick users, etc.
type: /join #yourchannelname
So for instance, if your clan tag is bbb it would be /join #bbb
3. Once your clan channel is created you need to register it to make it permanent. Use the following command:
/msg ChanServ register #channel
You then need to check in every 30 days or so for the channel to remain.
For more detailed info see here:http://www.gg-center.net/?p=sup_chanregStep 3
For the third step you will need to enable some commands.
First enter this into your channel one at a time:
!clanset name MyNewClan
This adds support for digital paint commands.
Now you should receive notices of clans wanting to have scrims. You can also ask for scrims using the following command:
!scrim x y
In this command the x value stand for the number of people you have available to scrim. They y stands for whether you have a server or not. So let's say you have 4 people who want to scrim and you have a server. You would put
!scrim 4 yes
Let's say you had 5 people and did not have a server reserved.
!scrim 5 no
For more info on how to reserve a server see here:http://dplogin.com/forums/index.php?topic=6131.0