Author Topic: Digital Paintball Soccer League  (Read 12862 times)

Silly

• 68 Carbine
Re: Digital Paintball Soccer League
« Reply #40 on: November 30, 2007, 01:14:54 PM »
Sorry for double post

Rule has been modified.

Shots are now allowed.

marth

• Stingray
« Reply #41 on: December 01, 2007, 02:10:45 AM »
took download off
« Last Edit: December 02, 2007, 04:24:41 AM by marth »

T3RR0R15T

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #42 on: December 01, 2007, 06:28:17 AM »
Can u upload the map, please?

cusoman

• Autococker
« Reply #43 on: December 01, 2007, 12:02:31 PM »
Hello Marth, i am glad you came to the world of mapping.  This map does have the bits and pieces of a map, but, no offense, looks really unpleasing to the eyes.  You also made a few mistakes with the spawning and i always though of the goals as a net.  Here's my suggestion: don't release this map.  It has many flaws and although its not bad for a first map, i really would not want to play it.  Sorry if i am being to harsh, but i think you should make multiple maps before releasing any. Go to the mapping section and start reading ALL of the stickies, it will improve your mapping skill.  Practice, Practice, Practice!!!!!!!!!!!  The first map i ever released was like my 20th map, and its still a pretty sad sight.  Before i release any more i will have many more maps.  My folder when loading up BSP is giant from unfinished maps that i just turned into practice maps. Hope this helps, and don't get discouraged, almost no 1st maps are full releasing quality. If you really want to stick with this map, i suggest releasing it on the mapping forum, getting a sick beating, and seeing how much you can improve it from the comments. Sincerely
-Cusoman

Silly

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #44 on: December 01, 2007, 12:50:35 PM »
Marth, That map is not bad. Try messing around with maps, download some .map's from people and study them.

DaRkNeSS

• Autococker
« Reply #45 on: December 02, 2007, 01:30:34 AM »
Quite interesting how its mainly the Mexican and South American players who want to run this.

marth

• Stingray
« Reply #46 on: December 02, 2007, 04:31:47 AM »
yeah, i got a tad carried away releasing the map, i was hoping it could be a pong map being that pong maps can be simple, and i knew the map was nothing to make its own topic over, i knew it stunk, thats why i converted it to pong (XD), oh well, better luck next time i guess :/ (or in a more likely case, 20 times after that)

Silly

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #47 on: December 02, 2007, 02:38:50 PM »
Haha, if it takes 20 maps to make you good, then it will take 20.

Anyway, on with the topic.

Would anyone like to volenteer a clan, or start a clan for this ?

7mau

• PGP
« Reply #48 on: December 02, 2007, 03:29:56 PM »
i would like to start a clan but i am on one so i can't start another one.
how about if u create like a world cup? than the best players will join the national team and play for that team and be on there clan at the same time. i think that could be a good ideia. but it is only an ideia.

Silly

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #49 on: December 02, 2007, 06:27:46 PM »
wait.

So make a clan like...

Digital Paint World Cup

Somthing like that? Also, where else could we find teams to match...

Last thing, should i just set up clans, and let people join them, and when more popularity comes, start makin tryouts?

y00tz

• Autococker
« Reply #50 on: December 02, 2007, 09:24:28 PM »
Btw Silly, If you'd like, I could map a new topic and show you my pong map.

blaa

• Autococker
« Reply #51 on: December 03, 2007, 07:08:58 AM »
 I dont think nations cup would be the best idea. For one, there are some nations who make out the majority of the dp community (usa, germany). And for two, the big nations would then only include a small percentage of the whole player amount in that nation. Therefore the amount of those, who would like to play, but cant since their skill wouldnt let them play, would be big. And noone likes to sit.
In Europe there would be alot more teams and the problem with germany wouldnt be as big like it is in usa.
Of course, usa and other big countires could have multiple squads (some squads are based on 1 good clan and then some teams based on wider choices and clans).

To have such big idea working you seriously need a good website. Where people can go and click buttons to arrange matches etc. When website is arranged you need some people to help you force the matches (some people wont go to the website, even if you made the system really easy) - because it helps when you get some people matching, then those who thought "oh yeah, this is a fail and i wont play" would see most are playing and doesnt want to be the only one not playing.

Oh, and btw. I do not think you need to go THAT big when planning a Pong event.. For a pong tournament you should just think for 2 minutes, open irc at the right time and make a channel and spam that you have a tourny coming. Might get a few players.
Better organize a 3v3 or 4v4 league. Well, atleast the european clans are in my opinion ready for a stable league..

Sonny

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #52 on: December 03, 2007, 09:44:09 AM »
German 2v2 league FTW!!!

Ask pure he organize the german league's... He made a good webiste and a esay system for a league

7mau

• PGP
« Reply #53 on: December 03, 2007, 03:26:33 PM »
Of course, usa and other big countires could have multiple squads (some squads are based on 1 good clan and then some teams based on wider choices and clans).

well that was what i was thinking about. and by the way i only said this ideia if any one wanted to organise a cup like this because i won't do it. i don't have time neither experience for that.