Author Topic: FINAL RELEASE: Over the Hills - by RiMiNi  (Read 36841 times)

Garrett

• Autococker
Re: NEW MAP: Over the Hills - by RiMiNi
« Reply #80 on: February 06, 2008, 09:16:43 PM »
If I remember right, y00tz has a nice, if not a few, tree models.  Maybe he could help you out.  Search the forums for tree models. 

y00tz

• Autococker
« Reply #81 on: February 06, 2008, 10:47:04 PM »
I make tree models about once a week, I'm trying to get a collection, but it's a lot of work, sketch out the tree you'd like and I can start on it...

Garrett

• Autococker
« Reply #82 on: February 06, 2008, 11:02:15 PM »
I make tree models about once a week, I'm trying to get a collection, but it's a lot of work, sketch out the tree you'd like and I can start on it...
How many tree models to you have so far? 

RiMiNi

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #83 on: February 07, 2008, 04:17:33 PM »
umm, im nota very good "sketcher" lol but. a tree that has the feel of what fourthx used in ranger would be nice. if you had any..

@Garrett. if you had actually READ my post then you would have noticed that i said i already searched the forums for tree models and found nothing

KiLo

• Autococker
« Reply #84 on: February 07, 2008, 04:19:28 PM »

RiMiNi

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #85 on: February 07, 2008, 08:49:27 PM »
lol kthnx kilo. i added the tree model into my map where the old lollipop tree used to be. all i need to do is compile it and beta 7 will be out.. hopefully the last beta ^^

RiMiNi

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #86 on: February 17, 2008, 02:25:05 PM »
ok i FINALLY final compiled beta 7. i am so lazy. surprisingly it took way quicker than i thought it would. ^^ here it is
Beta 7: http://zilla-clan.net/upload/884962

knock yourselves out :D

other stuff: i was wonder about the low path.. if i should make a secondary way to get out.. it just seems REALLY easy to camp considering the way to get out is so small.. any suggestions on whethere or not i should make a new path out, and if so where :)

EDIT: forgot to add in the download for yootz's tree. and of course me being a lazy piece of excrement, i didnt zip it all together. but you can get it from this thread:

http://dplogin.com/forums/index.php?topic=6809.40

its on the 3rd page, near bottom. second last post? :)
« Last Edit: February 17, 2008, 02:52:09 PM by RiMiNi »

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #87 on: February 18, 2008, 02:44:09 AM »
Ok, several things:

- In order for the downloading to work properly, you need to use the .md2 extension in your model entity (instead of skm).  I hex edited the map and put it up as oth_b7_alt
- You also need to add a key called "requiredfiles" to your worldspawn entity and "scripts/cmp.txt" for the value, otherwise the tree won't have the transparent parts.
- You need to use a nodraw brush instead of a clip brush so you can't shoot through the tree.  Try nodraw + translucent or trans66 so it doesn't leave a hole in the ground.
- I guess there needs to be a second helper box to the high flag (that or angle the ledge down or something).  It was really just a suggestion to help the newer players, and if they can't jump the gap, they probably can't double jump, either.
- Add some volume to the walls.  They look paper thin.  I'd go at least 64 units thick.  Also, maybe don't angle them down as much on the variations.  Just try to make them look natural.

RiMiNi

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #88 on: February 18, 2008, 08:14:08 PM »
ok i will fix the tree and the required files and the clip brush. the second box.. the newbies can suck it up.. :D and aboout the walls. i did have them with volume its just that you could see into the side path if they were too thick...

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #89 on: February 18, 2008, 11:39:20 PM »
Perhaps fill in the areas you can see through, then?

RiMiNi

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #90 on: February 23, 2008, 06:25:20 PM »
umm jitspoe. i just final compiled it and then i realized you can still shoot through the trees... i did what you told me to do though. i made the clip brush "no draw" and "translucent" and unselectec "player_clip" and "monster_clip" like you said and but now i cant see the tree model at all and it looks like there is a hole in the ground. ???

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #91 on: February 25, 2008, 11:52:17 AM »
Take off the clip part - that's what lets you shoot through it.

Edit: Also, make sure you're using .md2 for the file extension in the func_model, otherwise downloading won't work correctly.

RiMiNi

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #92 on: February 26, 2008, 04:34:47 PM »
Take off the clip part - that's what lets you shoot through it.

??? like i said in my post before, i DONT have the playerclip and monsterclip selected in the surface window. I DO have the no draw and translucent selected like you said. but now you cant see the tree model and it looks like there is a hole in the ground

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #93 on: February 26, 2008, 07:27:43 PM »
Oh, sorry, I misread.  Ok, you need to lift the nodraw brush up above the ground just slightly so it doesn't leave a hole.  Also, put the model not inside of it, but in the gap between the hole and the ground.

Byz

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #94 on: February 28, 2008, 08:27:42 AM »
You need to rotate the top of 1 red barrel

RiMiNi

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #95 on: February 28, 2008, 03:56:14 PM »
Ok. I fixed the tree, and I am ready for Final Release. Even if you think more can be done, I'm not going to do it. I am done working with this map and ready to move on to a new mapping adventure.

Knock yourselves out!
-RiMiNi

FINAL RELEASE: http://zilla-clan.net/upload/836010

EDIT: how do you change the title of a topic?

y00tz

• Autococker
« Reply #96 on: February 28, 2008, 04:12:21 PM »
EDIT: how do you change the title of a topic?

Just modify the first post and change the title :)

RiMiNi

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #97 on: February 28, 2008, 04:24:57 PM »
k thanks yootz. oh and did you get a chance to look at the betas i sent you?

cusoman

• Autococker
Re: FINAL RELEASE: Over the Hills - by RiMiNi
« Reply #98 on: February 28, 2008, 06:54:21 PM »
ME = LIKE :D :D
Good Job Rimini!
-Cusoman

RiMiNi

• 68 Carbine
Re: FINAL RELEASE: Over the Hills - by RiMiNi
« Reply #99 on: February 28, 2008, 07:05:36 PM »
thanks man. happy to finally get it done!