Author Topic: Maplist Overflowing  (Read 10113 times)

Reed

• VM-68
Maplist Overflowing
« on: December 21, 2007, 11:46:27 AM »
Meant to post this a while ago.

Our server (DarkP PGP Only) has a maplist of about 110 maps and when you type maplist into the console you overflow.

Perhaps you could lengthen the list, or only show 10 at a time?

Plus, is there any way we can get some sort of randomise feature, so that the server chooses a map from the maplist at random?

An overhaul of the voting system would be nice too, perhaps listing only the maps on the maplist/server (not just fading the ones we dont have), or, preferably, choosing three random maps from the list and asking people to vote for one of them.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2007, 03:10:24 PM by Reed »

XtremeBain

• Developer
  • Autococker
Re: Maplist Crashing
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2007, 12:59:36 PM »
Before the map voting was brought in, we used to have a pretty good rotation system.  I'm not sure if that old code is still around for when you have voting turned off, but I think I remember there being a random option.

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
Re: Maplist Overflowing
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2007, 04:12:21 AM »
Yeah, I need to break the list up when it gets too long.  Perhaps throw in a vote in the feature vote thread so I don't forget about it.

T3RR0R15T

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2010, 10:18:43 AM »
**it looks like T3RR0R15T is a little thread archeologist**

I only get the overflow, if the rotation loads on serverstart. If i type in "rotation clear;rotation load", it (re)loads the same (long) rotation file, but nobody overflows anymore.

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2010, 02:49:02 PM »
The overflow only happens when you type in the "maplist" command.  If the list of maps is too large to fit in one packet, it will overflow.  Maybe the votes or whatever on maps was just enough to push it over the limit, so reloading it fixed it?

Feature vote for fix here: http://dplogin.com/dplogin/featurevote/feature.php?id=10000

T3RR0R15T

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2010, 02:58:37 PM »
Will the maplist be loaded on a serverstart in a different way as the clear/load command?

Serverstart -> maplist command = overflow
Serverstart -> clear/load command -> maplist command = no overflow

If u add the function to clear and load the maplist to the serverstart, it should work or not? Or maybe the clear function removes something else, which isn't set on a serverstart. Strange.

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2012, 08:04:49 PM »
This will be fixed in the next version.  I made the "maplist" command forward to the "getmaplist" command, which was already used for the map voting screen (it breaks the list down into small chunks and sends them one at a time).  If the console is down, "getmaplist" will display the results to the console.