Author Topic: Crashing/Exploiting Servers: .Ij.QueeNiE  (Read 7358 times)

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
Crashing/Exploiting Servers: .Ij.QueeNiE
« on: December 28, 2007, 11:08:02 PM »
Player ID:   18567
Names registered:   queenie, miklman, smash, brock, infinity

32 day ban for intentionally crashing servers.

QueeNiE

• 68 Carbine
Re: Crashing/Exploiting Servers: .Ij.QueeNiE
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2007, 11:20:21 PM »
I hope your about to post sk89q's thread next.

coLa

• Autococker
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2007, 11:20:45 PM »
i doubt it.

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2007, 11:34:21 PM »
The committee opted not to ban sk89q, as he was actually trying to help with the situation and did not have malicious intent.  Also, no admins have come forth with any logs proving that he crashed any servers.

QueeNiE

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2007, 11:37:57 PM »
Yeah, do you have proof that it wasn't the squirrel that I said hopped into my room through the window?

What can I say, other than: reasonable doubt. Sorry.  No ban.

coLa

• Autococker
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2007, 11:43:31 PM »
The committee opted not to ban sk89q, as he was actually trying to help with the situation and did not have malicious intent.  Also, no admins have come forth with any logs proving that he crashed any servers.

=\. that is pretty sad. looks like sk89q can get away with murder at this point.

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2007, 12:00:22 AM »
=\. that is pretty sad. looks like sk89q can get away with murder at this point.
Do you honestly think it's fair to ban a guy for apologizing for accidentally crashing a server that nobody was playing on?  He could have said nothing and it's likely nobody would have known any different.  He made a mistake and immediately fessed up to it as well as explained his actions.

coLa

• Autococker
« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2007, 12:13:34 AM »
he made a mistake hm... he tried it on his server and failed. he could have left it alone but instead he decided to jump onto a GT server and try it again. there is no mistake or accident there. ok so i would know like to let everyone know i made a mistake and accidentally crashed a few servers. thanks.

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #8 on: December 29, 2007, 12:35:58 AM »
he made a mistake hm... he tried it on his server and failed. he could have left it alone but instead he decided to jump onto a GT server and try it again. there is no mistake or accident there. ok so i would know like to let everyone know i made a mistake and accidentally crashed a few servers. thanks.
Your logic would make sense if he tested it on his own server, successfully crashed it, then went to a GT (or any other server) and proceeded to crash it as well.  That, however, was not the case.  As you mentioned, the attempt on his own servers failed.  They did not crash with the command he used.

Also, are you fighting to get yourself banned?  If sk89q is banned, then everybody who said they crashed a server would need to be banned as well, including yourself.  For now, we're just banning people that we have logs for and server admins have complained about.

coLa

• Autococker
« Reply #9 on: December 29, 2007, 01:25:02 AM »
Also, are you fighting to get yourself banned?  If sk89q is banned, then everybody who said they crashed a server would need to be banned as well, including yourself.  For now, we're just banning people that we have logs for and server admins have complained about.

i assumed i'd be banned either way.

Cobo

• Autococker
« Reply #10 on: December 29, 2007, 01:32:11 AM »
God... Honestly, the logic you guys have for making posts like that is just... beyond me.
What sk89q did is just not the same as what the others did. And NO, things are not black and white, so just get over it.

But it doesnt matter what I tell you guys because I know that you are going to keep doing it, and as I said, thats just beyond me.

coLa

• Autococker
« Reply #11 on: December 29, 2007, 02:31:32 AM »
so why post? why waste your time? looks like someone wants attention.

sk89q tried this exploit on his server, failed, and went onto a GT server and tried it again. after a couple tries he actually got it right and crashed the server. why didn't he stop when he failed on his server? why didn't he keep trying on his own server? intentions aside, the moment he joined the GT server and typed in the command, he became JUST LIKE the rest of us. he had his own server to test on, why didn't he just stay there? i don't believe my logic is flawed and i will stand by this.

i have a right to voice my opinion, if you don't like it you don't have to read it. plain and simple.

Cobo

• Autococker
« Reply #12 on: December 29, 2007, 03:02:40 AM »
so why post? why waste your time? looks like someone wants attention.
I try to keep myself away from this kind of things, mainly because I read the threads, then when I'm done and I feel like saying something I start to write the post, but half way there I decide I dont care and close the window. Why did I post now? Because as I said, I just cant believe that you would keep standing by such stupid arguments. Looks like someone just wants to see someone that is a good, and role model of this community banned because, I dont know, makes you feel better about yourself?

Finding excuses of why people think your logic is flawed doesnt make yours right.

Also, you seem to have forgoten the part where someone told him a WRONG integer of the command.

Anyway, this is as far as I'll go in the subject, because you obviously wont listen.

MosEz

• Autococker
« Reply #13 on: December 29, 2007, 03:56:11 AM »
what a great game. ban for a bug. maybe jitspoe u should work on your game and be thankful that viper sonny or whoever found this bug

thank u

Henkka

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #14 on: December 29, 2007, 05:10:27 AM »
what a great game. ban for a bug. maybe jitspoe u should work on your game and be thankful that viper sonny or whoever found this bug

thank u
Wow mZ, are you really that stupid? They crashed servers with people on it, and if i have read correctly, more than once. Viper and Sonny even came once to a server where we were having a clan match and crashed it. If you really are that childish, you should get banned. get over it, gg.

MosEz

• Autococker
« Reply #15 on: December 29, 2007, 05:20:12 AM »
Viper and Sonny even came once to a server where we were having a clan match and crashed it. If you really are that childish, you should get banned. get over it, gg.

not true sonny did viper just crashed ck4400 server but nice try again

Henkka

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #16 on: December 29, 2007, 05:46:35 AM »
AGAIN, Sonny AND viper came to the server, server crashed. Either one of them did it, i don't know which one.

blaa

• Autococker
« Reply #17 on: December 29, 2007, 08:54:57 AM »
not true sonny did viper just crashed ck4400 server but nice try again

The server owners provided committee and jits with IPs of persons who crashed servers. I dont think CK gave IPs to anyone. Viper obviously must have had crashed some other servers..

Viper

• Autococker
« Reply #18 on: December 29, 2007, 09:57:28 AM »
WoW , at first , you can crash your server so many times you want

[13:15] <@BaDBoY> i crashed 4 times
[13:15] <@BaDBoY> 1) find the bug
[13:15] <@BaDBoY> 2) to know if its me who crashed the server
[13:15] <@BaDBoY> 3) *EDIT OTB SERVER* to test its possible on each server
[13:16] <@BaDBoY> 4) CK + OTB = same server , so i tested it on er33t
[13:16] <@BaDBoY> then i wrote jits a pm

And CK didnt care what i did , because it wasnt my intent, so its only OTB + er33t

After the otb went down , i connected to OTB TS and told Terror what happened.
And then i tested it on a er33t server and after that i wrote jits a pm.

Edgecrusher

• Autococker
« Reply #19 on: December 29, 2007, 10:11:58 AM »
What more can I say, GG.

And if I'll ever hack just to test I'll come immediately here and I'll say I'm sorry, it was just a test. I wanted to see if that hack has any bug in it.