Author Topic: Feature Request: Allow Players to Delete Login Names  (Read 5672 times)

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
Feature Request: Allow Players to Delete Login Names
« on: January 05, 2008, 06:05:59 PM »
Initially, I thought it would be better to keep adding (more than 3) and deleting names a bit restricted to encourage people to stick with a consistent name, but in the end, it's just been more work for me.  I think it would probably work better if players could just delete names on their own, but only after a certain period of time (maybe 32 days), so they can't run around with a new name every day/hour/minute.

http://dplogin.com/dplogin/featurevote/feature.php?id=10004

lekky

• Autococker
Re: Feature Request: Allow Players to Delete Login Names
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2008, 10:45:58 PM »
Sounds good to me, sort of "1 deletion per month" policy. Would probably make people think twice about their names realising they cant keep running to you!

Eiii

• Autococker
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2008, 10:55:29 PM »
Yay! Perfect name system.

FlaMe

• Autococker
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2008, 11:07:42 PM »
You need to keep one name though...

Whats stopping players like me from deleting "Flame" and making a new account with it? know what I mean?

you could have two accounts, but one could have some random n00b name... idk i think you would need to pick 3 to set in stone... 1 being your forum name, 1 being what people know you by, and another whatever you choose

webhead

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2008, 11:55:37 PM »
yah, and the name that should be kept should probably be the name that the account was registered with. that way, Flame can't delete "Flame" and end up seeing someone else add that name to their account (or register with it).

Justinph5

• Autococker
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2008, 12:09:30 AM »
I agree, since it would ease a lot of work off of Jits...   One question about another possible feature though, is it anyways possible to combine the DPlogin and Forum Logins?   Because thats how a lot of new players get confused...    It could also get more people involved in the forums if they were combined for easier accessibility..

I don't know a lot about the databases for DP and the forums, so I don't know if they're compatible at all, its just an idea if they were for Jitspoe to add it the the feature request list...

webhead

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2008, 12:20:30 AM »
Justinph5:

I think that very thing was discussed somewhere in the mammoth 2007 Feature Vote thread, and it may have been jits that pointed out that it would be very difficult and complicated to combine GLS and forum logins. Not only that, it would also make it difficult to upgrade the forum software if that needed to be done.

but if you want to make that a feature request, it really deserves a whole thread to itself.

Justinph5

• Autococker
« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2008, 12:27:47 AM »
thats all I needed to hear webhead, thx....    I didn't feel like making a new thread on it since I knew it was probably discussed some time b4... I was just wondering about it.

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2008, 12:07:58 PM »

Whats stopping players like me from deleting "Flame" and making a new account with it? know what I mean?

you could have two accounts, but one could have some random n00b name... idk i think you would need to pick 3 to set in stone... 1 being your forum name, 1 being what people know you by, and another whatever you choose
You could delete "flame", but if you were caught making a new account with it, you'd be penalized for multiple accounts.  Deleting names doesn't actually remove your account.

FlaMe

• Autococker
« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2008, 12:12:33 PM »
thats what i mean... I know this but I'm saying I think the name "Flame" shouldn't be permitted to be deleted from my account...

I have like 11 names right now but everyone knows me as FlaMe or Matt w.e

So I think the primary name of the account should be what you 1st register it with and should not be allowed to be deleted

coLa

• Autococker
« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2008, 12:24:33 PM »
yah, and the name that should be kept should probably be the name that the account was registered with. that way, Flame can't delete "Flame" and end up seeing someone else add that name to their account (or register with it).

i agree with this. you should not be able to delete the first name you created your account with.

i would like to see this implemented.

off topic: is there a reason why we are not able to delete our own login accounts? are you worried that some people might create multiple accounts and delete them on a daily basis or something?

FlaMe

• Autococker
« Reply #11 on: January 06, 2008, 12:34:50 PM »
I think its like clan history purposes and such... I tried to start fresh by asking him to delete my account so I could make a new one without the former clan list...

but the answer was no so i guess its just for historical purposes

coLa

• Autococker
« Reply #12 on: January 06, 2008, 01:02:17 PM »
yah i had asked if he could delete my former clans and he said no also.