Author Topic: Tweak: Expert random  (Read 4614 times)

Eiii

• Autococker
Tweak: Expert random
« on: January 05, 2008, 06:51:18 PM »
For those who don't know, 'expert' mode removes all the guns from a map and spawns each player with the marker specified. The proposed 'expert random' would make it so that at the beginning of each round, it randomly chose a gun and gave everyone that gun. That way, you wouldn't have PGP-on-Autococker situations, but you might have everyone using a PGP one round and an Autococker the next. I think it'd spice up some less-serious games to have random weaponry each round.

y00tz

• Autococker
Re: Tweak: Expert random
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2008, 10:04:59 PM »
bump

I think it's a good idea, especially with TDM on the way it would be cool to have this, especially in maps where trick and complicated jumps are required to get the 'good' guns this would level the playing field.

Xena

• VM-68
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2008, 10:35:43 PM »
haha, i like it :D

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker

Chef-Killer

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2008, 05:31:59 AM »
The idea is nice, but i think it would be a lot of work for something, what wouldn't used often. I played expert mode my last time for more than 1 year ago.

Eiii

• Autococker
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2008, 01:36:05 PM »
I don't think it would be a lot of work at all. I think it would be very little work, and could make TDM games (depending on how they're implemented) very fun.

Garrett

• Autococker
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2008, 07:13:33 PM »
So this will add another expert mode?
We will have this one and the one that already exists?

sk89q

• Global Moderator
  • Autococker
« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2008, 07:37:10 PM »
No, Garrett, we're going to remove all the existing expert modes!

In all seriousness, I think half of your posts are for post count (...it's gotten worse).

Garrett

• Autococker
« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2008, 07:41:29 PM »
No, Garrett, we're going to remove all the existing expert modes!

In all seriousness, I think half of your posts are for post count (...it's gotten worse).
Eiii call this request a tweak so it sounded as though the current expert mode would be done away with.

sk89q

• Global Moderator
  • Autococker
« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2008, 07:43:54 PM »
If you know what expert is and it is used for, it would be silly to think that Eiii intended that meaning.

However, if you only know the general idea of what expert is (noted by your quote: "and the one that already exists"), then posting here would only be for post count because you have no stake in the matter nor no familiarity with it.