Author Topic: Jitspoe being unfair?  (Read 16978 times)

Riddick

• 68 Carbine
Jitspoe being unfair?
« on: January 05, 2008, 07:54:27 PM »
You were dishonest before, so why should I believe you now?  The committee will decide

now thats a direct quote from jitspoe on my situation. now lets think about this
1)i have a new internet
2) i moved
3) new computer
So why would i go to jitspoe for help on the fact that i noticed my old accounts were still there if i knew full well i would never be caught with this one? its because i thought those accounts would have been deleted or suspended so i thought i needed to make a new one.so why ban me for an honest mistake, this makes no sense to me anyone else wanna share their view

Bling

• Stingray
Re: Jitspoe being unfair?
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2008, 07:57:13 PM »
Well jitspoe runs the game and can pretty much do what he wants.  But yeah, I dunno.  Maybe you shouldn't be banned at all or 8 days or something.  Not really fair.

Deranged

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2008, 07:58:03 PM »
This is the way I see it...

1) reaver loses his password, posts about it on the forums
2) reaver leaves dp for a little while
3) reaver moves to his dad's, complete new ip, new computer, all new. no way to track him
4) reaver asks jitspoe to resolve the problem
5) jitspoe tells reaver that he's being dishonest and it's up to the comittee whether or not he gets banned over something nobody would have found out about had he not asked jitspoe to help him fix it
6) onslaught(reaver) posts a thread about his "injustice"
7) thread is deleted for no reason(forethought). whole thing probably being covered up(still forethought :D). onslaught will be banned for no reason(probably going to happen based on the members of the committee and favoritism).

Maybe being honest is a mistake around here?

Eiii

• Autococker
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2008, 08:08:47 PM »
So this is a multi-account issue? I'm confused about the timeline here.

Reaver moves (new IP, etc) -> Reaver asks jits to recover password -> Reaver banned?

You must be leaving something out, that doesn't make any sense. :P

FlaMe

• Autococker
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2008, 08:13:21 PM »
No Reaver has a new ISP, a new MAC address, and a new address for his house...

How would anyone have pinned him as being Reaver without physically going to his house and watching him log in as Onslaught.

He was convinced the Reaver accounts were deleted so he was surprised when he saw the Reaver ones on old members list so he told jits, and jits smacked him with a ban...

...thats what i know to my knowledge anyway

coLa

• Autococker
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2008, 08:20:55 PM »
i don't think he should be banned, it was an honest mistake. it's kinda like the boy who cried wolf, you lied once and are now labeled as a liar. pretty unfair, but that is the way it goes. maybe you should have checked to see if your old accounts had been deleted before you created the new one. or maybe you should have went to jitspoe first, before you did anything.

DaRkNeSS

• Autococker
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2008, 08:42:52 PM »
Unless he actually logged in with the account then he shouldn't be banned.  After his multiple account ban before he figured his accounts were deleted.

Deranged

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2008, 08:46:18 PM »
Afaik, he hasn't logged into reaver since he was last banned.

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2008, 08:49:18 PM »
Ok, you want to play hardball?  Fine.

#1 - When you returned to the game, you lied about your identity and pretended to be a new player.  Somebody suspected you and reported you to the committee.
#2 - When I asked you about some of the accounts used on your computer, you lied about them.
#3 - You're lying right now.  Due to a slight oversight, I missed the hardware ID match on my first check:

Old: 3,8,809,1253,1254,1817,1818,1819,1819,55266
New: 8,809,1253,1254,1817,1818,1819,1819,216440

You didn't get a new computer.  Changed a couple things, maybe, but we could have still tracked down your old account.

So, fair action?  By the books?  32 day ban.  16 day ban because you were reported before admitting, x2 for second offense.  You may have gotten by with just an 8 day ban, too.  You should have just shut up and let the committee decide.  I don't have time to deal with this, and I'm tired of rule breakers pretending to be the victim.

FlaMe

• Autococker
« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2008, 08:51:23 PM »
lmfao reaver you cant lie about stuff like a new comp...

MAC Addresses dont change silly n00b...

Deranged

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #10 on: January 05, 2008, 09:00:18 PM »
Sigh. He was being truthful about why he created a new account. But, lying about getting a new computer is just his own stupidity. Have fun in ban land bro :P

Riddick

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #11 on: January 05, 2008, 09:36:06 PM »
i didnt lie about a new computer rofl.

Eiii

• Autococker
« Reply #12 on: January 05, 2008, 09:38:03 PM »
The numbers say differently, it would seem. I don't see why getting a new computer would make you exempt from the 'one account per person' thing, anyway.

Cobo

• Autococker
« Reply #13 on: January 05, 2008, 09:38:24 PM »
i didnt lie about a new computer rofl.
are you sure it wasnt something like a simple cage replacement?

Riddick

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #14 on: January 05, 2008, 10:01:49 PM »
considering i bought an alienware yes i am. i took a couple things out and replaced them with my old computer stuff but thats it. and i highly doubt that would change the id. but w/e. jitspoe is just hiding

Riddick

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #15 on: January 05, 2008, 10:02:55 PM »
i replaced the stuff because it was better than some of the alienware hardware :P / my father replaced it cuz hes a computer genius o_O. heh

Eiii

• Autococker
« Reply #16 on: January 05, 2008, 10:31:10 PM »
considering i bought an alienware yes i am. i took a couple things out and replaced them with my old computer stuff but thats it. and i highly doubt that would change the id. but w/e. jitspoe is just hiding
Well gee, that sounds like exactly what jitspoe's describing. Remember that thing you agreed to when you signed up for an account that said you get one per person? That even applies if you move.

Riddick

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #17 on: January 05, 2008, 10:39:51 PM »
eiii i was banned once for multiple accounts . i was under the impression that they were all either deleted or suspended. dont talk unless you know the whole story. no offense :P

Justinph5

• Autococker
« Reply #18 on: January 05, 2008, 10:40:25 PM »
don't believe that you would replace stuff out of an alienware pc, since those are near top line factorymade, and if your parts are better than the alienware, than you would have just upgraded your old one other than buying a new few thousand dollar machine... Am I right?

Anyways, its not my say on questioning things, since I don't know the matter.... I just found it odd.....    :P

p.s. - I believe a pm to Jitspoe or committee was more appropriate...

*edit - I won't even touch the post below... 7 years old LOL, I don't believe many new parts that are better than Alienware would be compatible with 7 year old comp's...???   anyone know otherwise???

p.s. - then please don't make topics for everyone to post if you don't want them meddling...  thats why I believe pm's would be better :P
« Last Edit: January 05, 2008, 11:00:27 PM by Justinph5 »

Riddick

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #19 on: January 05, 2008, 10:55:53 PM »
my old computer was like 7 years old with a few new parts. im sorry that i wanted a better computer. you people are meddling retards. have fun driving all your players from your game jitspoe.