Author Topic: Feature: Variable re-spawn time server option  (Read 5323 times)

webhead

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
Feature: Variable re-spawn time server option
« on: January 05, 2008, 10:49:17 PM »
Quote from: http://garrettw.net/public/featvote.txt
2: Add a server option to vary the respawn time with the number of players in the game - webhead, [GX]AQUA

add plz. ;)

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
Re: Feature: Variable re-spawn time server option
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2008, 02:00:37 AM »

Justinph5

• Autococker
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2008, 02:07:23 AM »
lol but atleast were all the ones killing you with constructive criticism of the game ;)   lol

anyways this really sounds interesting to me, it would have to be tested though because I can't think of the ways the gameplay would change with it, even tho I know it will...

webhead

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2008, 02:07:57 AM »
http://dplogin.com/dplogin/featurevote/feature.php?id=10031 - you guys are killing me. :P

well... surely you can't say you didn't expect it, given how long the list had become. ;)

webhead

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2008, 02:23:39 PM »
jitspoe. could you please mention in the feature vote system (which i will now refer to as the FVS) that this item will be an OPTION, not a hard-coded behavior? (if you'll notice how i originally worded the request.)

it's really a feature, not a tweak, as you entered it. and is "Game" the correct category, or would this belong under "Server", since it's a server-side option?

i would also encourage people who vote negative on ANY item to comment on why they did so in that item's thread. cuz those people just might not have the full story ... as is the case with this item.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2008, 03:10:12 PM by webhead »

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2008, 06:36:33 PM »
I reworded it, but it almost needs to be enforced, at least with low respawn settings, or it probably won't be used where it needs to be (on the speed servers).  I was thinking it could just be enforced within certain elim time settings (less than 30 seconds or so) and not exceed the standard elim time of 1 minute.

webhead

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2008, 07:54:15 PM »
hey, that could be good. oh and good job on the rewording - you got the full idea.

wow... i wonder why so many people have voted it down.
cuz they don't bother to give their opinions here!!

Eiii

• Autococker
« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2008, 07:59:21 PM »
Voting down doesn't necessarily mean they don't like it- it might be that they think there are more important things to do first.

Anyway, the way I see this, it'd only be used on speed servers. Not important.

webhead

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2008, 08:18:36 PM »
Voting down doesn't necessarily mean they don't like it- it might be that they think there are more important things to do first.

i realize that - i never said it was because they didn't like it. but my point was how is anyone to know, if they don't bother to tell why they voted negative?
discussion is a good thing. that's what this thread is for anyway.

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2008, 11:43:43 PM »
I kind of like the idea, but I think it might work better if respawns were based on the length of the round.  For example, if the round has been going on for 5 minutes, the respawn times will kick up to make it more likely to end.  In any case, it's not a really high priority now.

webhead

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2008, 11:49:26 PM »
true. good idea though.