Author Topic: Tweak: Map Voting Adjustments  (Read 5025 times)

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
Tweak: Map Voting Adjustments
« on: January 05, 2008, 11:31:04 PM »
Currently, the map rotation works as follows:

Each map gets 1 vote, automatically.  The map with the most votes that matches the current player limitations specified by the mapinfo file gets selected next.  This keeps the maps cycling like a fairly normal rotation, except maps that are too big or small don't get loaded.

If voting is enabled, the players can influence the cycle by voting for a map.  Originally this only counted for one voting point, but since that sometimes wasn't enough to influence which map came next, I upped it to 5.  Still, sometimes that isn't enough, because the server might be in a state where very large (or small) maps aren't loaded for a while, so the list would look something like:

150 bigmap
140 anotherbigmap
50 mediummap
48 anothermediummap
0 lastmapplayed

And no matter what, it would end up playing one of the top two maps.  I'd like to tweak it so there's never more than a 1-vote gap between maps, so players can easily influence rotation:

20 bigmap
19 anotherbigmap
18 mediummap
17 anothermediummap
0 lastplayedmap

Also, I'd like to make it so the influence a player has depends on how many maps are in rotation and how many players are on the server.  So if there were 20 maps in rotation, and 2 players on the server, each vote would count for 10 points.  Basically it would mean that if all players on the server voted for the same map, that map would be played next.

http://dplogin.com/dplogin/featurevote/feature.php?id=10029

Cobo

• Autococker
Re: Tweak: Map Voting Adjustments
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2008, 11:36:24 PM »
Perhaps you could cap the votes at something like 10 and if you have several maps at 10 you select a random one, play it, and reset its vote counter.

webhead

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2008, 02:18:02 AM »
fyi: you put the item's type ("tweak") in the title of the item too. ;)
[link]

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2008, 02:21:12 AM »
fyi: you put the item's type ("tweak") in the title of the item too. ;)
[link]
On that note, I think I need to go to bed.