Author Topic: Tweak: Include Zorch's menus  (Read 8359 times)

sk89q

• Global Moderator
  • Autococker
Tweak: Include Zorch's menus
« on: January 06, 2008, 12:15:40 PM »
Include Zorch's menus

Zorchenhimer

• Autococker
Re: Tweak: Include Zorch's menus
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2008, 02:05:27 PM »
:D

Justinph5

• Autococker
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2008, 02:08:49 PM »
and possibly menu and background choices in the setup menu? would make it easier for newer players to have choices...      Something simple like radio buttons with 'default' 'Zorch's' etc   :P

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2008, 10:26:45 PM »
http://dplogin.com/dplogin/featurevote/feature.php?id=10053

I really think any new menu changes need to be held off until things like embedded quotes and variables in widgets are added.  Zorch's menus are a mess on the backend because of the lack of these features.

and possibly menu and background choices in the setup menu? would make it easier for newer players to have choices...      Something simple like radio buttons with 'default' 'Zorch's' etc   :P
I've thought about adding configurable backgrounds (so people could turn on things like the animated binary background without having to edit files), but that needs to be saved for a different feature request vote.

Zorchenhimer

• Autococker
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2008, 10:30:31 PM »
I really think any new menu changes need to be held off until things like embedded quotes and variables in widgets are added.  Zorch's menus are a mess on the backend because of the lack of these features.

Could you add those as dependencies?  But yea, they are a freaking mess.  :P
« Last Edit: January 06, 2008, 11:54:05 PM by Zorchenhimer »

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2008, 12:40:37 AM »
Could you add those as dependencies?  But yea, they are a freaking mess.  :P
Yeah, sure.  This is kind of a weird feature request.  I guess what we need to do is get that stuff implemented and set you loose, lol.  Just try not to go overboard - think about people who have just installed the game - they don't need 100 categories of maps, etc., when there are only a handful of maps to start out with.

Zorchenhimer

• Autococker
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2008, 02:25:29 PM »
Hehe.  Define "overboard."  ^_^

But yea, I see what you mean.

FlaMe

• Autococker
« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2008, 04:12:56 PM »
Yeah, sure.  This is kind of a weird feature request.  I guess what we need to do is get that stuff implemented and set you loose, lol.  Just try not to go overboard - think about people who have just installed the game - they don't need 100 categories of maps, etc., when there are only a handful of maps to start out with.

handful? my map folder is almost two gigs

Cobo

• Autococker
« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2008, 04:16:37 PM »
handful? my map folder is almost two gigs
he means when you download dp for the first time.

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2008, 04:21:52 PM »
Yeah, it would be weird to try to start up a game, but not have any maps to choose from because none of them start with "A", or something like that.

Spook

• Autococker
« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2008, 04:25:43 PM »
give them a link to my map folder? haha of course, that's only if you want to show them the 1600 jump maps i have.

DaRkNeSS

• Autococker
« Reply #11 on: January 07, 2008, 05:06:13 PM »
1600 jump maps?  Wow you must be very good.

Foxhound

• Autococker
« Reply #12 on: June 25, 2008, 11:04:30 AM »
Maybe have like a place called "theme" in setup and you could have all of his menus listed and so we can choose

Bono

• VM-68
« Reply #13 on: June 26, 2008, 08:31:32 AM »
I make personal menus completely in polish and other design (graphics in menus - Bookmarks in options, Other clicks etc.) I making a "server starter" program Which will help at creation of server on list but im don't have a free time for this project.. Sometime surely I will complete it and I will translate on english. :D (my homepage is www.easyplay.er.pl)

I was based on Zorchenhimer menu. But on old version. On he's menus nothing it stay. :)
I can send here my "menus edition" screens.

Sorry for my bad english.