Author Topic: Feature: Pause game timer in DMs with no players  (Read 4318 times)

sk89q

• Global Moderator
  • Autococker
Feature: Pause game timer in DMs with no players
« on: January 06, 2008, 12:22:34 PM »
Pause game timer in DMs with no players

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker

DaRkNeSS

• Autococker
Re: Feature: Pause game timer in DMs with no players
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2008, 04:34:25 PM »
I hate all of the DM maps in DP and can't wait until they're over, so nah.

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2008, 04:40:40 PM »
I hate all of the DM maps in DP and can't wait until they're over, so nah.
Is it the maps themselves you hate or the DM style gameplay?

FlaMe

• Autococker
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2008, 04:42:28 PM »
they usually go pretty quick. id rather see a minimum player count for pubs tho... a 1v1 dm on pb2dm1 would just be useless

XtremeBain

• Developer
  • Autococker
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2008, 04:52:17 PM »
I'd actually like to see the opposite, where all maps automatically change after x minutes of inactivity, so that the servers can cycle through their rotation landing on some smaller - and probably more popular - maps that may re-populate the server.

Edit: this could be achieved outside of the game (server activity rcon script) had you left '(sv) rotation next' ;)

sk89q

• Global Moderator
  • Autococker
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2008, 04:55:32 PM »
I'd actually like to see the opposite, where all maps automatically change after x minutes of inactivity, so that the servers can cycle through their rotation landing on some smaller - and probably more popular - maps that may re-populate the server.

Edit: this could be achieved outside of the game (server activity rcon script) had you left '(sv) rotation next' ;)

My server already does this. :0 After 20 minutes (or maybe I set it at 10...) of inactivity, a random map from a list of "filler maps" is loaded. No server-killer map added through voting can keep the server dead for hours (that, and I have a list of maps that are stricken from the rotation after every round).

DaRkNeSS

• Autococker
« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2008, 04:56:10 PM »
I'm not a huge fan of DM, but the fact that we don't have any fun DM maps(my personal opinion) doesn't help.

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2008, 05:35:59 PM »
they usually go pretty quick. id rather see a minimum player count for pubs tho... a 1v1 dm on pb2dm1 would just be useless
This has already been implemented, though mapinfo files haven't been created for all maps, and it doesn't help when people join or quit mid-game.