Author Topic: Feature: Ranking System  (Read 14976 times)

eradicator

• Autococker
Feature: Ranking System
« on: January 14, 2008, 01:48:40 PM »
I'll post 3 links to explain:

http://dplogin.com/forums/index.php?topic=9393.0

http://dplogin.com/forums/index.php?topic=9966.0

http://dplogin.com/forums/index.php?topic=10534.0

Also you should really check out the second page of the second link that has some good stuff on it.

skitzo

• Autococker
Re: Feature: Ranking System
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2008, 03:34:21 PM »
i like the idea but it should make it so like you get different amount of points based on what gun you use like if someone were to pgp (for fun or something) then maybe they should get more points for kills then you would get for something like a carbine.

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2008, 05:44:09 PM »
http://dplogin.com/dplogin/featurevote/feature.php?id=10078

If implemented, I think it should apply only to matches in order to promote competitive play and also so the stats actually have some meaning.

Edgecrusher

• Autococker
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2008, 02:03:05 AM »

If implemented, I think it should apply only to matches in order to promote competitive play and also so the stats actually have some meaning.

Also that could be abused, but it has more sense than to put rankings in pubs.

Abusion could be prevented by putting referee in every match - it would be really complicated.

There's no fair and just ranking system - beside, in the end what's the meaning of it than just for personal satisfaction and egotrip. This community is not that big so that people don't know each other skill. There are less than 10 good clans and less than 5 top ones (pumped up numbers). So why do we need ranking system?

magalhaes

• Autococker
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2008, 06:59:03 AM »
I guess people think this will bring more clans edge :)
even though i don't..

Edgecrusher

• Autococker
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2008, 09:42:57 AM »
I guess people think this will bring more clans edge :)
even though i don't..

Probably yes. There will be more 2 week clans. Yiiipeee!

eradicator

• Autococker
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2008, 12:18:36 PM »
i like the idea but it should make it so like you get different amount of points based on what gun you use like if someone were to pgp (for fun or something) then maybe they should get more points for kills then you would get for something like a carbine.

See thats what we need, more ideas to help make this possible. Good job skitzo.

I agree and disagree with that jitspoe, I'm fine with having ranking stats applied for matches but I still think there should be ranked servers with a certain level required to get in so noobs don't camp and spawn kill and all that unfair stuff. Also I recommend using other games for ideas. Such as halo 3, I love that ranking system and it works well for me. I have no dislikes about it and its easy to understand. Its cool how besides having to gain a certain number of exp. points by your team winning or you placing in the top half of the party when its a DM, you can also gain a rank by achieving a higher numbered rank. Its basically which ever one comes first.

crazyfighter16

• PGP
« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2009, 12:38:42 PM »
i will be one of those new clans hahahah !!!!!!! it is called (POW) Prisoners Of War

musickid999

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2009, 09:39:05 PM »
I think the current local stats system is fine. IMO, adding a ranking system such as this would make it overly complicated. -1

wizzi

• VM-68
« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2009, 03:34:20 AM »
I think the current local stats system is fine. IMO, adding a ranking system such as this would make it overly complicated. -1

i must say i have to agree. the ranking system is fine.

MOFO

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #10 on: September 26, 2009, 11:54:07 AM »
... this has come up like 20 times b4 and i got shut down for bringing it up

Chalk

• VM-68
« Reply #11 on: November 27, 2012, 09:35:25 PM »

Bump + This Plz^^

Whaley

• VM-68
« Reply #12 on: November 28, 2012, 09:03:01 PM »

Chalk

• VM-68
« Reply #13 on: August 16, 2014, 04:29:15 PM »
WILL THIS (OR ANY OF THE FEATURE VOTES) EVER BE IMPLEMENTED? CAN WE AT LEAST RECEIVE SOME FORM OF INDICATION AS TO WHAT YOU ARE WORKING ON? OR CAN YOU JUST TELL US THAT YOU ARE DONE WORKING ON THE GAME? EVERY TIME SOMEONE SUGGESTS SOMETHING YOU LINK THEM TO THE FEATURE VOTE AND THEN WE NEVER HEAR ANYTHING ABOUT IT AGAIN.

(and it has been that way since i started playing)

MyeRs

• Autococker
« Reply #14 on: August 16, 2014, 04:43:19 PM »
^ +1

New physics is the only real change in the last like 7 years. And even that IMO - even though the intent was good, ruined some great maps (ren/carp). And seeing as no good mappers were able to make another competitively used map since these changes, no new maps to fit the new physics have come out. So it becomes a very negligible change. (not to mention lots of servers never switched so it takes forever to get used to new physics when you keep switching).

IMO Team Ranking System > Individual ranking system. I don't care if it causes clan hopping or not. It makes it so teams have a reason to practice. Teams have a ladder to climb to be the best. It's a team game, not individual game. It's about camping/rushing/capping/grabbing/decoying/reconning, so much more than KDA comes into play that individual stats aren't necessary. Team ranking is much more important.

Not to mention 100000 other things people listed that may or may not improve the game.

Chalk

• VM-68
« Reply #15 on: August 16, 2014, 04:50:22 PM »
^that's exactly why i bumped this thread. We all just saw how active the game can be when some form of competition is involved...(spec's tournament)

Toxiic

• Autococker
« Reply #16 on: August 17, 2014, 02:55:18 PM »
^Thats why I think Jitspoe should sell this game to a company.

Rockyar_96

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #17 on: August 18, 2014, 04:10:39 AM »
Who would buy an old quake 2 mod?

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #18 on: August 18, 2014, 01:17:47 PM »
http://dplogin.com/forums/index.php?topic=951.new#new

Sorry I don't have a lot of time to dedicate to the game right now, but this will probably be the next major feature I work on after I at least get the new bots functional.

Squeeze

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #19 on: August 18, 2014, 01:52:36 PM »
I wanna demo player too, sth like moving demo backwards, forwards, pause it , maybe slowmo it.. :) iam long time waiting on this feature too :)