Author Topic: Require Play Time to Create/Join Clans and Vote  (Read 9225 times)

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
Require Play Time to Create/Join Clans and Vote
« on: January 14, 2008, 06:45:52 PM »
I've noticed a number of the "clutter" clans in the login system were created by people who never even used their global login account on a public game server.  They just created the account, made a clan, and disappeared.  By requiring that an account be used online before creating a clan, voting, etc. it will reduce clutter and help detect potential duplicate accounts.

KnacK

• Global Moderator
  • Autococker
Re: Require Play Time to Create/Join Clans and Vote
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2008, 07:39:48 PM »
You could probably detect their first server login and then allow a clan to be made/joined.

Pretty good idea.

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2008, 07:43:14 PM »
I'd just query the logs.

Xena

• VM-68
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2008, 07:55:14 PM »
what about auto-delete?? if name/clan is inactive for a certain amount of time, it will be deleted. Or after certain amount of time an email will be sent, then after 1 month, the account will be removed.

webhead

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2008, 08:30:20 PM »
good idea. i'm all in favor of pruning out the clutter.

KiLo

• Autococker
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2008, 08:44:14 PM »
Or after certain amount of time an email will be sent, then after 1 month, the account will be removed.

Once again the e-mail thing could be a problem.

nopyo

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2008, 09:23:00 PM »
Maybe develop a simpler prerequisite to the ranking system - A level system with each level gained from either number of kills or time spent in servers:
-Players from levels 1-3: run around in pubs ("test-drive" the game)
-Players above level 3 can join a training clan (InT, WsL, etc...) *There might need to be a clan classing system also.
-Players level 20 and above can join a novice clan (A clan that is established for less than 3 months)
-Players level 50 and above can join a match clan (A clan that is established for more than 3 months)
-Players level 80 and above can join a veteran clan (A clan that is established for more than 1 year); however, a lower level player may join upon invite.
-Players level 100 and above can actually start a clan.

Again, I have no idea how/if this will work. Just another radical proposal.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2008, 10:14:32 PM by nopyo »

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2008, 10:01:32 PM »
Let's just start simple for now.

Xena

• VM-68
« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2008, 01:48:41 PM »
Once again the e-mail thing could be a problem.
no, it wouldn't be a problem because if they dont answer email or the email provided doesn't work it just shows that the account IS inactive. Isn't that the reason for "(must be valid - your activation number is sent here)" in registration?

Zorchenhimer

• Autococker
« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2008, 01:54:08 PM »
How about this for a start.  When someone creates an account, don't immediately ask them to either join a clan or create a clan.  They probably think its a requirement to have a GLS account.

Xena

• VM-68
« Reply #10 on: January 15, 2008, 01:59:43 PM »
people think it's a requirement to join a clan for GLS account??

Zorchenhimer

• Autococker
« Reply #11 on: January 15, 2008, 02:47:25 PM »
people think it's a requirement to join a clan for GLS account??

Thats the way it came across to me when I registered.

Xena

• VM-68
« Reply #12 on: January 15, 2008, 05:48:03 PM »
oh, i didn't know that... lol
then i guess you need a "DONT NEED TO JOIN CLAN" thing on registration page.

now, i understand what you're saying about the clutter clans... i think to start... remove all the clans with a single members... should there be like a mandatory system where if you register a clan, you must have a minimum of 5 players within 30 days (or so) after 30 days, it will be placed on inactive list, if it's inactive for 30 days, the clan will be removed. Or something to that effect.

b16redlined

• PGP
« Reply #13 on: January 29, 2008, 10:31:05 PM »
Jitspoe, when you say voting, what do you mean, for like, this? the feature vote? i use to play on-line quiet often, but now i live where all i can get is satellite internet and can only play with bots, not too fun for long periods of time, but enough to where i still play the game at least 30min a day. and having to play on-line to vote for this stuff, would kinda suck, from my view. if the feature voting isn't what you're talking about, then sorry i said anything  ;D

y00tz

• Autococker
« Reply #14 on: January 30, 2008, 12:22:50 PM »
"Voting" would be voting on the feature vote, i.e. 90 accounts don't get registered in one day and all vote for "Feature Request;  Ban  y00tz for being a newb"

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #15 on: January 31, 2008, 01:31:24 PM »
Jitspoe, when you say voting, what do you mean, for like, this? the feature vote? i use to play on-line quiet often, but now i live where all i can get is satellite internet and can only play with bots, not too fun for long periods of time, but enough to where i still play the game at least 30min a day. and having to play on-line to vote for this stuff, would kinda suck, from my view. if the feature voting isn't what you're talking about, then sorry i said anything  ;D
If you've used your account online, then you're fine.  You have to have internet access to use the feature vote, anyway, so I don't see this requirement being too outlandish.