Author Topic: "match" Command / EV1 Match Server  (Read 2551 times)

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
"match" Command / EV1 Match Server
« on: September 30, 2005, 01:00:51 PM »
I should have done this a long time ago, but I finally added a "match" command.  It was bugging me while I was in bed last night, so I got up and coded it instead of sleeping. :)

How it works:

The clan leader connects to the match server and types at the console:
match <password> <login>

The server then sets the password (for connecting) and level 50 login to what was specified, for example, if someone typed "match foo bar" the password would be "foo" and the level 50 login would be "bar."  Currently it overrides the oppass1/oppass1level cvars.  It will also automatically log the person in.

The server must be empty and allow_match must be set to 1 in order to use the command.  This will allow server admins to run public/match servers, and if there are people playing on the server, somebody can't just take it over.

When the match command is executed, the server will set the default (strict) match settings (like typing the "matchmode" command).  There's also a "match_timeout" setting (defaults to 1 minute if unset) that, like "passwordtimeout", resets the password (as well as match settings -- executes the "publicmode" command) after a given period of time (in minutes) if nobody else connects.

It needs some polish, but it's ready for testing on the EV1 Match server.

toM|vendettA

• 68 Carbine
Re: "match" Command / EV1 Match Server
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2005, 02:37:19 PM »
Alot of times when I use the command, it'll say match_timeout and another error. However, if I flood it in my console by typing "match foo bar" and then hit enter and the up arrow like, 25 times, then it will finally not timeout. Though Im not sure why it timesout. Anyways, nice work and we will be using it, if only the EV1 Match server had some *good* maps :p

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2005, 02:45:59 PM »
Yeah, it has some bugs.  I need to work on that.  The problem is, there's a password timeout, which just times the password out, and also a match timeout, which times out the match settings and login.  They currently conflict with each other.

What good maps need to be added?

loial21

• Autococker
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2005, 05:36:04 PM »
The ones I have ben asking for. pbcup...etc. ARG!!!!! Not blitx or ice dammit just some common old one path maps.