Author Topic: Feature: turn player model looking down, when player looks down  (Read 9765 times)

MiZ

• VM-68
I just wondered today why don't the player models look down when player looks down?Plus when the player looks down, and shoots , it's not coming out of the front of the gun, but the base of it.So basically, turn the player model looking down, when player looks down and make paintballs actually come out of the front when looking down.2 in 1 ;D
« Last Edit: January 26, 2008, 10:12:23 AM by Mizerakk »

Garrett

• Autococker
Re: Feature: turn entity looking down, when player looks down.
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2008, 08:45:39 PM »
This is basically already up for vote.
Better player model animations.

MiZ

• VM-68
Re: Feature: Better player model actions
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2008, 09:09:29 PM »
I don't see something related to this in the feature request posts or feature votes that uis up to vote.Where is it?

Garrett

• Autococker
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2008, 09:28:25 PM »
http://dplogin.com/forums/index.php?topic=11536
You may be right though.  I could have swore I read about someone wanting better animations though.  You idea roughly does fit in the above feature so it is up to Jitspoe to decide if what you are asking is included of a totally different feature request.

MiZ

• VM-68
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2008, 09:40:32 PM »
He is asking about shadows or something, I'm asking about models to look down when player looks down and the paintballs to come out of the front of the gun when looking down.I'm not talking about animations too and it doesn't rougley fit the above feature :P.I'm talking about actions.

EDIT: Yes, but im not talking about shadow model animations, im talking about a different type of model animation. Geez you are an ignant kid.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2008, 10:13:27 AM by Mizerakk »

Garrett

• Autococker
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2008, 09:44:42 PM »
Entities have nothing to do with models.  Entities are objects in maps.  Entities are usually things like gun models placed in a map and the player model picks them up.  What you are talking about is model animations, but you are using the wrong termenolgy and the topic I posted does discuss having better player models. 
Allow that SKM models, such as the new player model, cast shadows.
EDIT:  You term 'actions' in the developing world are called model animations.

MiZ

• VM-68
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2008, 09:56:16 PM »
Well it doesn't fit in that feature, because I'm talking about a different player model animation.Plus that's new player models, not player model animations!!!I'm not posting anymore until jitspoe posts something.
EDIT: but jits would probably need different ideas in separate posts so they are not all cluttered into one topic for the better player model animations.Then he can put the ideas in the feature vote, and there will be some dependencies.

Garrett

• Autococker
« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2008, 09:58:39 PM »
Well it doesn't fit in that feature, because i'm talking about a different player model animation.
Ok, we will wait and see the verdict.  You may be right on this one or Jitspoe could just merge those two features together or say that your idea is included in the above topic because y00tz clearly states, better player models and animations are included in the making of new models.

y00tz

• Autococker
« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2008, 10:09:40 PM »
I'm not going to read all this, because it's the Shabbat and my friends and family over playing Wii :)  But the new player models are done, they're the ones you play with, theres nothing in the pipeline for animations, at least that I requested.

-y

Garrett

• Autococker
« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2008, 10:10:43 PM »
I'm not going to read all this, because it's the Shabbat and my friends and family over playing Wii :)  But the new player models are done, they're the ones you play with, theres nothing in the pipeline for animations, at least that I requested.

-y
Ok then, I am sorry for misunderstanding your post.

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
Re: Feature: turn player model looking down, when player looks down
« Reply #10 on: January 28, 2008, 10:51:43 PM »
Currently the player models work the same way as they do in Quake2.  They tilt depending on where the player is looking, but the tilt is reduced, so players aren't flying around like superman when they look down.  I believe the tilt is 1/3 of what the player's view is.  The only way to make the player look all the way up and down and not look bad is to have animation blending.  Basically the top half of the body needs to have animations to look up and down while the bottom half of the body runs, jumps, or stands.

Note that this will not be possible with the old player models.  Only the new models with skeletal animation.

http://dplogin.com/dplogin/featurevote/feature.php?id=10092

MiZ

• VM-68
« Reply #11 on: January 29, 2008, 02:21:13 PM »
Sounds good jits  ;)

T3RR0R15T

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #12 on: January 29, 2008, 08:25:52 PM »

Garrett

• Autococker
« Reply #13 on: January 29, 2008, 08:32:35 PM »
Note that this will not be possible with the old player models.  Only the new models with skeletal animation.
http://dplogin.com/dplogin/featurevote/feature.php?id=10092

Is there a feature vote for this or are they already in the works?

Male and female player models pls.
http://dplogin.com/dplogin/featurevote/feature.php?id=10039

Lol I was the first vote.

ViciouZ

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #14 on: January 30, 2008, 11:27:16 AM »
Is there a feature vote for this or are they already in the works?

Like y00tz said, the new player models are what we play with at the moment, unless you have set r_oldmodels 1.

Garrett

• Autococker
« Reply #15 on: January 30, 2008, 02:09:33 PM »
Ook I should check if I do have these enabled.  What would be the command to enable the new models? 'set r_oldmodels 0'?

ViciouZ

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #16 on: January 30, 2008, 02:11:13 PM »
Unless you specifically changed them, you have the new ones. The old ones are identified by looking ugly, and wearing supa-phat trainers.

y00tz

• Autococker
« Reply #17 on: January 30, 2008, 03:29:36 PM »
All the models in the screenshots page on this site are of the old model

-y

Garrett

• Autococker
« Reply #18 on: January 30, 2008, 10:11:17 PM »
All the models in the screenshots page on this site are of the old model

-y
Thanks for the tip
Yea I have the new models so if we have the means for this feature, why not?  It will make the game look better.