Author Topic: Too Much Innactive-ness  (Read 5070 times)

Foxhound

• Autococker
Too Much Innactive-ness
« on: January 28, 2008, 04:59:53 PM »
I would just like to ask Jitspoe if it would be possible to seek out the innactive players who are taking up names that people want. I wanted the name "Fox" but it has been taken by some person who doesn't play. I know that one of my clanmates Cade wanted the name Strider, but unfortunately it has been taken and that person is innactive, or at least i have not seen that person for 2 years.

Clans are also Innactive and the Tags are unusable now. i do not have an example of this but I know there might be one or two.

I don't know if it's just me but I'm sick of seeing DB grow to 400 members but yet i see no one, NO ONE in the servers wearing a tag. This is 400+ names that have been taken and not used. I feel its unjust to all of the "regular" and loyal Digital Painters who actually want to play and have fun.

I know that less than a year ago the Global Login System went live and that players had to re-sign back in proving the point that these people might not be as innactive as i think they are. But is there a way jitspoe, that you can see the last time a person Played on a GT or logged into the DP website to figure who is playing or not?

I searched for something like this to see if it was previously posted but I couldn't find anything, I hope I'm not wrong.

eMo

• VM-68
Re: Too Much Innactive-ness
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2008, 05:22:04 PM »
"Agreed"

PiCaSSo

• Autococker
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2008, 06:02:33 PM »
I would just like to ask Jitspoe if it would be possible to seek out the innactive players who are taking up names that people want. I wanted the name "Fox" but it has been taken by some person who doesn't play. I know that one of my clanmates Cade wanted the name Strider, but unfortunately it has been taken and that person is innactive, or at least i have not seen that person for 2 years.

Clans are also Innactive and the Tags are unusable now. i do not have an example of this but I know there might be one or two.

I don't know if it's just me but I'm sick of seeing DB grow to 400 members but yet i see no one, NO ONE in the servers wearing a tag. This is 400+ names that have been taken and not used. I feel its unjust to all of the "regular" and loyal Digital Painters who actually want to play and have fun.

I know that less than a year ago the Global Login System went live and that players had to re-sign back in proving the point that these people might not be as innactive as i think they are. But is there a way jitspoe, that you can see the last time a person Played on a GT or logged into the DP website to figure who is playing or not?

I searched for something like this to see if it was previously posted but I couldn't find anything, I hope I'm not wrong.

Makes good sense...  There should be a time frame in which if a person has NOT logged into the system under any given name within 4 or 6 months, the name is lost and up for grabs.

cusoman

• Autococker
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2008, 06:24:21 PM »
As long as the system checked for in-game login as well as site login, checking would be absolutely excellent.  Also the clans that have 0 people in them should be auto-deleted in 1 week. ( Just to keep things clean.)  Plus if we start auto-purging the GLS, then there will be a true accurate measurement of the number of registered players, which I could guess is less than half of the total registered players, most of which I think just play for 2 days, decided its too confusing, hard, or just move on to something else.
-Cusoman

Foxhound

• Autococker
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2008, 08:20:40 PM »
Thank you. i hoped i wasnt the only one who shared this view.
As long as the system checked for in-game login as well as site login, checking would be absolutely excellent.  Also the clans that have 0 people in them should be auto-deleted in 1 week. ( Just to keep things clean.)  Plus if we start auto-purging the GLS, then there will be a true accurate measurement of the number of registered players, which I could guess is less than half of the total registered players, most of which I think just play for 2 days, decided its too confusing, hard, or just move on to something else.
-Cusoman
yes having a way to check would ensure that no offence would be taken. Also the time frame for innactivity is a good suggestion

Deranged

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2008, 10:04:41 PM »
This should be put in the feature request forum for web site or global login improvements or something :)

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2008, 02:10:23 PM »
I prefer to keep records on the login system in tact.  Checking logs, trying to identify cheaters, etc. becomes more difficult when pieces are missing.  About the only time I'll delete something is if the account (or clan) wasn't used and is fairly old.  That was the case with the fox account.  It was never used in-game and hasn't been logged into for several months.  You should be able to register that name now.  Strider, on the other hand, was actively used, and it looks like it might be a case of multiple accounts.  I'm reviewing it with the committee now.

Foxhound

• Autococker
« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2008, 08:32:42 PM »
haha
Thanks! and your welcome!

Mag1C

• PGP
« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2008, 07:51:07 PM »
There should be a time frame in which if a person has NOT logged into the system under any given name within 4 or 6 months.
I totally agree with this but i think 4-6 months is too long. It would be simple for someone to play once every 4-6 months just to keep his account active. If it is possible, there should be also a minimum number of time to be played within the number of months like 5 hours in 3 months. If the person gives up there should also be a way to give away your account and stop playing completely.

WarWulf

• Autococker
« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2008, 10:29:07 PM »
4-6 months is just fine...... but yeah id have to agree with jitspoe about this. spcially if people are around cheating

if there were no cheaters on dp.. then yes this would be a very acceptable thing to do.. soo basicly what i mean is. stop cheating and breaking rules everybody and basicly you get alot more freedom....

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #10 on: February 03, 2008, 11:10:40 PM »
Many people have been a big part of the community but don't play much.  I imagine this will continue to be the case.  Not only does the login system provide a way for people to protect their names, but it also allows players to stay in touch (provided they take the time to fill out their profile).  I know there have been times when I've thought, "I wonder what happened to ____.  I haven't seen him in like 2 years."  If they get automatically deleted after just a few months, a lot of contact info will be lost.  Also, I don't like the idea of an automated deletion system in general.  If there was a bug in the code or something were to go wrong...

Garrett

• Autococker
« Reply #11 on: February 03, 2008, 11:17:01 PM »
Many people have been a big part of the community but don't play much.  I imagine this will continue to be the case.  Not only does the login system provide a way for people to protect their names, but it also allows players to stay in touch (provided they take the time to fill out their profile).  I know there have been times when I've thought, "I wonder what happened to ____.  I haven't seen him in like 2 years."  If they get automatically deleted after just a few months, a lot of contact info will be lost.  Also, I don't like the idea of an automated deletion system in general.  If there was a bug in the code or something were to go wrong...
Chaos would pursue...