Author Topic: Lets start a year long season or league  (Read 10660 times)

Riddick

• 68 Carbine
Lets start a year long season or league
« on: February 17, 2008, 10:42:34 AM »
This game is incredibly dull and boring without alot of tourneys and things. why don't we remake pbcup or have seasons or something that would attract people to the game and keep the people already playing it entertained.

Byz

• 68 Carbine
Re: Lets start a year long season or league
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2008, 10:46:34 AM »
I agree with the PBCUP.

hoffig

• Stingray
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2008, 11:13:38 AM »
Me too

DaVo

• Stingray
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2008, 01:23:51 PM »
yes, i agree, too...i think best will be some long league...example: start in september, end in juny. 1st League..or main league=20 best clans...82 rounds(:D)...every weekend saturday and sunday...worse clans can play in 2nd league...i think there canĀ“t be problem with servers, 3 otb servers, 3 leezerz servers, 3 qehs servers, er33t servers, GT servers, memi servers and so on..its all example, but Riddick gave us a good idea..i wanted to write same as he did..friendly matches are every day more boring:) and its harder and harder to find a match...still more clans are inactives...i know thats maybe difficult to organize, but dp needs it :O cya, davo

Deranged

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2008, 03:58:42 PM »
problem is, a lot of the entering clans wouldn't last long enough to make it through the tourney..

iced

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2008, 04:01:45 PM »
that may be true but y not try it...dp is kinda dull with out tourny's going on

Breeze

• PGP
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2008, 11:36:10 AM »
What's Jits take on this??

Dukky

• Stingray
« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2008, 12:11:52 PM »
I guess that was a cue for Jitspoe to post, but I'll barge in and say my view.

Great Idea. However, I think a year long tourney may be a bit long. Clans might not be around, or possible even DP. Perhaps a couple of moths one, see how that works out, because if we get people leaving we know that  the odds of a year one working out are rather low

KnacK

• Global Moderator
  • Autococker
« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2008, 12:59:35 PM »
you would be better off working towards a one month long tourney, see how that goes, then start another one month long tourney.

[WsL]FoX

• PGP
« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2008, 06:07:06 PM »
Better idea, why not make it kinda like the NFL? Where ev1 has a weekly schdule... Then at the end of the "season" have playoffs now of course Euros have poor ping on American Servers and Vice Versa... So, Have A Euro Leauge... And the Campions of the Euro Leauge Will Face The Champions of the American Leauge.... Something like that...

Alpha

• Stingray
« Reply #10 on: February 27, 2008, 08:50:03 AM »
ouch...Europe?

How boring -.-

I'd love if we had to try against American teams,I loved the PBCUP and the GGC-Cup...why only Europe...it would be such a desaster,most of the European clans suck and end their existence every week.

But actually I don't think you got to ask jits...
Xbain is the man for the organisation and ( at least I hope so) he has got enough time ;)

Xbains tournament were all times a great fun :)

Xena

• VM-68
« Reply #11 on: February 28, 2008, 03:22:57 PM »
Better idea, why not make it kinda like the NFL? Where ev1 has a weekly schdule... Then at the end of the "season" have playoffs now of course Euros have poor ping on American Servers and Vice Versa... So, Have A Euro Leauge... And the Campions of the Euro Leauge Will Face The Champions of the American Leauge.... Something like that...

i was thinking something similar when i read this.
Sept to July is REALLY too long. Why not shorten it to a 4 to 6 months. You can have a fall/winter (Sept to Feb) session and then a spring/summer (March to Aug) session. And run it like an NFL schedule. One game a week and a bye week if there is an uneven # of teams. 1st 4 months is season and last 2 months is playoffs.

Is there a server where people ping fairly? And what about those in South America and Australia?

I, personally, dont ping that badly on German servers (about 150ping) and I havent connected to an Australian server but on the browser it says i ping around 250 which is probably isn't too bad.

Rick

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #12 on: March 01, 2008, 03:27:22 AM »
i was thinking something similar when i read this.
Sept to July is REALLY too long. Why not shorten it to a 4 to 6 months. You can have a fall/winter (Sept to Feb) session and then a spring/summer (March to Aug) session. And run it like an NFL schedule. One game a week and a bye week if there is an uneven # of teams. 1st 4 months is season and last 2 months is playoffs.

Is there a server where people ping fairly? And what about those in South America and Australia?

I, personally, dont ping that badly on German servers (about 150ping) and I havent connected to an Australian server but on the browser it says i ping around 250 which is probably isn't too bad.

Im an Australian and i happily play on American servers, around 230+ping but i cant really play on german servers,400+ping. If i was to attend this Tournament/Season the only problem would be playing on Geramn servers and getting up late at night :/

Xena

• VM-68
« Reply #13 on: March 01, 2008, 06:50:10 PM »
haha, yea... timing would be a problem... does anyone play at like 8am?? :S

would we have ref IN the game? Like 2 or 3? Ref would be players not related to the teams playing or people who wont play that season.

blaa

• Autococker
« Reply #14 on: March 02, 2008, 10:37:28 AM »
 Why on earth would you need referees? And 2 or 3 of them? lmfao

JOE

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #15 on: March 02, 2008, 01:31:18 PM »
as we've all seen, tournys and leagues are ruined by the senior members of the community. I'd suggest barring them, and we all know what team in talking about, from competition

Xena

• VM-68
« Reply #16 on: March 02, 2008, 06:10:57 PM »
Why on earth would you need referees? And 2 or 3 of them? lmfao

similar to hockey type of ref... one on each end and one in the middle. Ref needed to make judgment on certain plays... if you dont want ref that's fine

The white castle

• PGP
« Reply #17 on: July 14, 2008, 09:08:28 PM »
we should

Holo

• VM-68
« Reply #18 on: July 14, 2008, 09:10:02 PM »
Don't revive a month old thread with a two word reply.