Author Topic: Request' Sounds  (Read 4837 times)

SgtFlufflz

• PGP
Request' Sounds
« on: March 04, 2008, 09:18:54 AM »
Ok  the sounds seem to get quiete annoying to me at times... Maybe you can replace them with dieing noises or like "I'M OUT!" or something that's more realistic towards paint balling.

:-\

Gold_Leader

• VM-68
Re: Request' Sounds
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2008, 11:52:03 AM »
Jitspoe should throw some duke nukem sounds in there for round starts.

SgtFlufflz

• PGP
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2008, 06:10:55 PM »
That will be a little more annoying, they need to use real sounds if you can get em' maybe for round starts you can have like one of those announcer voices or whatever. That would make it seem more paintball-ish

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2008, 02:55:59 PM »
This has been discussed in the past.  I'm going to put it up on the feature vote: http://dplogin.com/dplogin/featurevote/feature.php?id=10121

Eventually these sounds will need to be replaced to get away from potential copyright issues, but I haven't really decided what to replace them with.

FacePainter

• PGP
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2008, 04:17:07 AM »
ok no one yell at me or anything :D but i reckon maybe (this will probably be a hard task) there could be an option on game noises? like realistic, funny, watever. i dont think ive seen it done before so it could be like a new thing introduced through paintball :D lol just a suggestion =p

mewa

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2008, 04:14:32 PM »
I like where facepainter wants it to go. I'm pretty opposed to making the sounds "realistic" and that general thought applies to the entire game structure. I don't know of many people playing this game and expecting it to emulate actual paintball matches. It's a fantasy FPS where you skip around and jump 50-100ft in the air.... People enjoy the whimsical side of this game, and thats part of what makes it great. I think this same idea is applies to why people still prefer the old models. They certainly have more character, and I'm not sure I've ever seen a person that actually resembles them.