Author Topic: Flood Temp Bans  (Read 3083 times)

LoVeRs

• VM-68
Flood Temp Bans
« on: March 30, 2008, 06:25:24 PM »
maybe they aren't that effective.

maybe a change is in order?

eMo

• VM-68
Re: Flood Temp Bans
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2008, 06:50:27 PM »
cool, nice recon.

coLa

• Autococker
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2008, 09:10:37 PM »
or atleast a shorter time. but honestly it's a pub. why would you recon so much anyways. half the kids don't understand what you are saying.

Rick

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2008, 10:22:52 PM »
Hey i thought Toke was banned....

LoVeRs

• VM-68
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2008, 09:38:27 AM »
eh, i mainly only recon if theres a bunch of good players in...otherwise if its just a bunch of germans or newbs...(or if german or noobs are the only ones alive i dont recon)

i just think that maybe it should be changed a little bit....

like the whole you can't talk for __ seconds didn't even kick in.

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2008, 11:37:38 AM »
Which server was this on?  By default, I think it warns you 3 times (with 10 second mutes) then kicks, but the settings can be adjusted.

LoVeRs

• VM-68
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2008, 11:47:23 AM »
A GT...maybe i was warned at one point or another way earlier in the very start of the map.....but i made sure from there on not to over do the recon.  (i usually scroll through the players and give a loc for each opposing team player in those situations.)

now i know that flooding can be done but maybe in a team talk that setting should greatly adjusted to allow for such recon?

possibility in a next build or possibility in the server changes?

ak-47

• Stingray
« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2008, 10:04:24 PM »
lol i remember playing with kokane, he wanted to 1v1 but he couldnt get into a GT match s erver cuz he forgot his pw, guess not, its cuz he didnt hav a global account =P

i_am_a_pirate

• Autococker
« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2008, 12:10:44 AM »
lol i remember playing with kokane, he wanted to 1v1 but he couldnt get into a GT match s erver cuz he forgot his pw, guess not, its cuz he didnt hav a global account =P
Err, why with the pointless post?!?

maybe they aren't that effective.

maybe a change is in order?
Dude, live with it and stop the recon. It just gets annoying. I don't REALLY want to know where the flag is, it's more fun to look for them than to be told here they are.
Having said that it is quite helpful on jump when you're at the enemy's base and you both get the flag...

Garrett

• Autococker
« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2008, 03:03:11 PM »
Pirate, no need to be so self centered.  Recon comes in handy in matches (something you have obviously little knowledge of) and is a must in bigger maps and please stop acting like the forum police too.  From your first post all the way up to you 200th post, you made pointless posts too.

LoVeRs

• VM-68
« Reply #10 on: April 01, 2008, 03:07:19 PM »
Having said that it is quite helpful on jump when you're at the enemy's base and you both get the flag...

Having you said that, you just contradicted yourself.

i_am_a_pirate

• Autococker
« Reply #11 on: April 02, 2008, 06:19:41 AM »
It's called a balanced aegument/an informative one giving both sides. I don't really care either way.

LoVeRs

• VM-68
« Reply #12 on: April 02, 2008, 07:45:11 AM »
It's called a balanced aegument/an informative one giving both sides. I don't really care either way.
when you start by being a excretory opening about people giving you recon because you like the mystery of finding the flag and then switching to a however its useful on jump statement....totally contradicts what your saying.  I'm not trying to be a detective here but you can't call something a balanced argument if your going to BASH me first then say how useful it is on a map.

eMo

• VM-68
« Reply #13 on: April 02, 2008, 08:05:14 AM »
He's new rev, he doesn't know what hes talking about.
How'd you get by the spam filter? Doesn't one kick in after you say 3 lines in a short time?

LoVeRs

• VM-68
« Reply #14 on: April 02, 2008, 08:07:06 AM »
i honestly have no clue.....maybe the dp gods granted me this access?  i just spaced out my recon a bit....

Cameron

• Global Moderator
  • Autococker
« Reply #15 on: April 03, 2008, 03:20:44 AM »
This option is screwed.  My brother just then kept on hitting the keyboard binds and got me Temp-Banned.  He was being a complete douche and I Temp-Banned. :(

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #16 on: April 09, 2008, 12:06:16 AM »
This option is screwed.  My brother just then kept on hitting the keyboard binds and got me Temp-Banned.  He was being a complete douche and I Temp-Banned. :(
Perhaps you should keep hitting your brother with the keyboard?  Or remove the chat binds (they're annoying anyway).  Are you suggesting that somebody shouldn't get temp banned for spamming the server?

Eiii

• Autococker
« Reply #17 on: April 09, 2008, 12:20:59 AM »
While we're at it, the whole 'banning for cheating' thing is screwed as well. I mean, one day I'm out mowing my grass when one of my friends decides to be a douche, and BAM! I'm banned for life. Lame.