Author Topic: Photography...  (Read 144615 times)

S8NSSON

• Autococker
Photography...
« on: April 01, 2008, 06:50:50 PM »
Just thought i'd share one of my hobbies.

My Stuff:
Canon XTI
Canon 70-200mm f2.8L
Tamron 17-50mm f2.8

My photo site:
http://charron.zilla-clan.net/album/main.php?cmd=album

Took this today in my back yard:

oli887

• Stingray
Re: Photography...
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2008, 06:57:27 PM »
What is that weird white pixel on the bird ?

The picture is really nice.

coLa

• Autococker
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2008, 08:18:25 PM »
darn about time someone posted up something like this here. good excrement. do you do any kind of editing or just use the images straight from the camera? i also enjoy photography as a hobby. fairly new to it though. main attraction is shooting cars more than anything.

i shoot a Canon Rebel XT with kit lens(for now).

i don't want to hijack your thread. i will remove this picture upon request.

here is one i took a couple nights after i got my cam. i really love the color contrast. it was about a 15sec shutter, 100iso, kit lens.

another i took during a shoot we did with a couple cars. found the street name a bit amusing.

eMo

• VM-68
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2008, 08:57:43 PM »
Think I can get that first picture of yours coLa in full resolution?

Eiii

• Autococker
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2008, 10:21:11 PM »
NEEDS MORE HDR

y00tz

• Autococker
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2008, 12:15:31 AM »

Re

• VM-68
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2008, 01:00:54 AM »
Here are a few. They're not great but it's been a hobby of mine for a while

Eiii

• Autococker
« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2008, 01:04:07 AM »
That lighthouse one would be perfect for HDR if it was taken at high noon or dusk. Cola's first one is already perfect for HDR.

Seriously guys! It's awesome!

Re

• VM-68
« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2008, 01:08:28 AM »
Here is a fake dusk. lol

Seriously, Next time I get up to Lake Superior, I'll try and capture that at a different time for you.

BTW, The other photos here are fantastic!

y00tz

• Autococker
« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2008, 01:18:53 AM »
Well S8N's picture would look great with HDR also, these pictures are awesome... you fellows have no excuse to not provide source pictures for textures :P

S8NSSON

• Autococker
« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2008, 04:40:57 AM »
Nice pics.

All my images are pretty much crops off the camera short of some RAW tweaking of levels.
This HDR interests me.

I am always looking out for textures, I just don't go looking FOR them.
I've thought about it a bunch though.

BTW, that bird is a 100% crop. It was a bit far away from me, but came out pretty good.
Looks like I might have a bad pixel also...no biggie.

Re

• VM-68
« Reply #11 on: April 02, 2008, 04:47:46 AM »
BTW, that bird is a 100% crop. It was a bit far away from me, but came out pretty good.
Looks like I might have a bad pixel also...no biggie.

he looks like he's watching for food. great picture and site!

coLa

• Autococker
« Reply #12 on: April 02, 2008, 07:01:10 AM »
Think I can get that first picture of yours coLa in full resolution?

how would i go about doing that? lol... that's the only one i have. i save all my photos to 800xwhatever. sorry if i can't help.

NEEDS MORE HDR

i love HDR but i can't seem to get it right.

here is one i did of my niece.

one i took at a track even a few weeks ago.

and another random night shot. i had my girlfriend drive down the street to create the effect.

KnacK

• Global Moderator
  • Autococker
« Reply #13 on: April 02, 2008, 07:06:51 AM »
Great pics everyone!

coLa. that shot at the track is great. There is a market for that.  I paid very good money for shots our our drag truck with just that effect.

Now, what is HDR?

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #14 on: April 02, 2008, 09:21:06 AM »

y00tz

• Autococker
« Reply #15 on: April 02, 2008, 11:13:58 AM »
Wow, awesome stuff so far

coLa

• Autococker
« Reply #16 on: April 02, 2008, 12:32:06 PM »
Great pics everyone!

coLa. that shot at the track is great. There is a market for that.  I paid very good money for shots our our drag truck with just that effect.

Now, what is HDR?

that was my first time trying out panning shots. i had my shutter speed set a bit too long and out of close to 100 shots, only 2 were worthy and 1 was so-so. def need some practice with that. i haven't shot too much lately.

i forgot what HDR stand for(High Dynamic Range?) it's just another way of editing photos. you take 3(or more) shots with different exposures and put them together to create a unique image. it's actually pretty neat when you get the hang of it. i have yet to do that.

here are a few more randoms.

here is my flickr page. let me know if this works or not.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/22928725@N07/

nightryder

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #17 on: April 02, 2008, 02:15:38 PM »

saved that one as my background

Nice, they all look great. wish i could do it

coLa

• Autococker
« Reply #18 on: April 02, 2008, 04:38:44 PM »
thanks.

i'm no where close to being good. like everything, it takes practice and patience. it's just something i enjoy doing.

S8NSSON

• Autococker
« Reply #19 on: April 02, 2008, 04:42:07 PM »
he looks like he's watching for food. great picture and site!

Actually, I was sitting about 10 feet away from my six bird feeders looking for some nice bird shots and wondering why there were no birds around. A dove came in and parked at the top of a nearby tree. As i'm looking around the feeders I catch a big shadow moving around and turned in time to see that hawk attempting to nail the dove in mid air. The dove out maneuvered the hawk quickly and the hawk flew right over my head and landed on a branch back in the woods right in front of my line of site, but facing the other direction. I took around 150 shots of it and around 20 came out descent.

I just saw the first hummingbird of the season today. Hummingbirds are my primary target in the aviary world. I'm excited and ready with my new gear. That old Canon S1 IS, that I took over 8000 pics with over the last four years, just didn't do the job.

I'm not new to photography, but am new to SLRs (DSLR in my case) and all the flexibility that comes with it.

All these images are awesome and inspiring. Hopefully we can keep this thread going and i'll post some new pictures as I take them. I shoot every day.

I just got Photomatix, which, from what I read, is a good HDR application. You can take a RAW file, vary the exposure in software, and create good HDR with it. I don't know much about HDR, just read on it today. Expect me to exploit and experiment with it in the near future.

ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS shoot in RAW, if possible, and at the highest resolution you can. You never know when that one-in-a-million shot will happen, and it would suck to have it as a 800x600 JPEG.