Poll

Would you (The Players) Be interested in a Tournament Website for Digital Paintball?

Yes
No

Author Topic: Tournament Website for Digital Paintball  (Read 38609 times)

skitzo

• Autococker
Re: Tournament Website for Digital Paintball
« Reply #20 on: April 20, 2008, 01:29:03 PM »
Glad to Help i really want this thing to go through =]

psst post the link ASAP =P

Garrett

• Autococker
« Reply #21 on: April 20, 2008, 04:07:08 PM »
Thank you very much, now I can definitely set up a Beta Page - Hopefully it will be done soon

Thanks again, if theres anything to add just post it here and ill update accordingly.

Theres no 1v1 or 3v3?
You cant set the time different?
1v1 and 3v3 are usually more just a scrim match.  I don't think any tournaments would have these types of matches.
You can set a different time but as skitzo said, 20 minutes is a regulation match length time.  Sometimes there an overtime period of 2 minutes.

skitzo

• Autococker
« Reply #22 on: April 20, 2008, 04:26:17 PM »
3v3 is not a scrim i said 2v2 TO 4v4 generally but sometimes 5v5, 1v1 is just pointless unless you have a team ranking and player ranking seperate, then i guess 1v1 would have a purpose if you're active on the tournament site

H3L Ownage

• PGP
« Reply #23 on: April 20, 2008, 04:54:13 PM »
which it would so, ill add 1v1 and 3v3 - Im letting the scoring go from 5 - 100 in increments of 5 and timing from 5 - 50 in increments of 5 k So iut gives the players whatever they want,

Default settings will be 50 Points and 20 Minutes of course....

H3L Ownage

• PGP
« Reply #24 on: April 21, 2008, 07:26:01 PM »
http://digitalpaintball2.tournamentfront.com/create-tournament.php

Check it out and tell me what you think

*It's not Live yet so don't create any tournaments.... I need to know people like it before we put it live on the site.

y00tz

• Autococker
« Reply #25 on: April 21, 2008, 08:50:23 PM »
Small nit-pick:  Our game is called "Digital Paint: Paintball 2"

It looks pretty cool though, can't wait to see it filled with tourneys :)

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #26 on: April 22, 2008, 09:53:38 AM »
Some other game modes (though not as popular as the CTF modes):
Siege
Deathmatch
Team Deathmatch
King of the Hill
Pong

Maps is going to be a challenge since the game has a huge number of "custom" maps, and new ones are being made all the time.  Some of the more popular match maps are (off the top of my head):

propaint1
castle1
pbcup_renoir
carpathian
ub_rooftop
shazam33
jump
midnight
pbcup_pforest

There are probably hundreds of maps that are used in matches, though.

H3L Ownage

• PGP
« Reply #27 on: April 22, 2008, 01:32:53 PM »
For your gametypes, please list what they are for

1v1,2v2,3v3,4v4 ect....

Thanks

And as for maps, the players that create the tournament can just put down what map they want in the description box

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #28 on: April 22, 2008, 02:41:57 PM »
All of the game modes can be played with just about any number of players.  The map has more of an impact than the game mode.

H3L Ownage

• PGP
« Reply #29 on: April 23, 2008, 06:18:17 AM »
All of the gametypes listed were added

http://digitalpaintball2.tournamentfront.com/create-tournament.php

I'm  going to give this a couple more days review, then I need to talk with someone about how we will let the Digital Paint: Paintball 2 Community know this is available.

T3RR0R15T

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #30 on: April 23, 2008, 08:32:43 AM »
I created a tournament, but how can i change the description or rules and set the tournament date?

Small nit-pick:  Our game is called "Digital Paint: Paintball 2"

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #31 on: April 23, 2008, 10:33:03 AM »
I can post it in the news.  People probably read the forums more than the news, though. :P

H3L Ownage

• PGP
« Reply #32 on: April 23, 2008, 04:43:04 PM »
http://digitalpaintpaintball2.tournamentfront.com/create-tournament.php

*Updated name (Subdomain changed so other links do not work)

*Tournament you create now will not count as it is not a function game on the website yet, just in beta.

To change the description, theres a "Description Box" Put whatever you need to say in there...., there are drop down boxes for the rules....
Javascript must be enabled to view this page correctly
The Tournament Starts when the tournament Fills up with participants, When the Tournament Starts there is a Deadline to get the Match Done, if the Time Limit runs out and the match is not done, forfeits will be given and the Tournament will continue to move forward.

And please post this on the news and maybe Post an announcement on the forums or something. I will try to have this Up and Running, not beta anymore, by this weekend.

Thanks,
Brandon

y00tz

• Autococker
« Reply #33 on: April 23, 2008, 08:10:51 PM »
Brandon looks great, if you want to shorten that sub-domain, paintball2 is a pretty common name for the game.

wasp

• Stingray
« Reply #34 on: April 24, 2008, 05:45:39 AM »
looking good, keep it up. Jitspoe your right i read the forums much more than the news. By the way i was almost fooled by your leaving jk

H3L Ownage

• PGP
« Reply #35 on: April 24, 2008, 06:35:22 AM »
The sub domain is more of a Name for us than it is a link, because when its finally "embedded" in the site it will be easy access so it being long won't really matter.

Glad you guys like it....

Remember If you See ANYTHING wrong, please post it on here or if you could, start making accounts on the Tournament Website...
www.TournamentFront.com
And visit the forums there, go to Game Requests and find Digital Paintball... post anything you see that needs changing there :)

*Edit

Alright, Digital Paint: Paintball 2 on www.TournamentFront.com will be "Live" Soon, the community can go make accounts and the Digital Paint: Paintball 2 section will be under the PC Tab when it is officially "Live"...

Hopefully some community members try it out and spread the word so some Tournaments can be made.

Also Remember *Private Tournaments can be made for anyone doing "Cups" or "Special Event Tournaments", just Spread your link around to get people to see your tournament.

Have Fun,
Brandon

wasp

• Stingray
« Reply #36 on: April 24, 2008, 08:08:16 AM »
Im not sure but u no when u go onto www.TournamentFront.com and click on pc when its finished will paintball appear there?

wasp

• Stingray
« Reply #37 on: April 24, 2008, 08:17:48 AM »
i have set up a tornament as a test called dp test tournament if any of you would like to try it out. Although you have to create an account on tf

Garrett

• Autococker
« Reply #38 on: April 24, 2008, 08:29:46 AM »
Stop double posting and your tournament will most likely get deleted once the site goes live.

[...]
*It's not Live yet so don't create any tournaments.... I need to know people like it before we put it live on the site.

i_am_a_pirate

• Autococker
« Reply #39 on: April 24, 2008, 09:23:15 AM »
Erm, small thing. You might have siegecastle and propaint1 in the same tournament. Siegecastle only supports siege mode and propaint1 doesn't support siege. Therefore, you need a gametype box for each map, and maybe a desciption box for each map.