Poll

Would you (The Players) Be interested in a Tournament Website for Digital Paintball?

Yes
No

Author Topic: Tournament Website for Digital Paintball  (Read 38627 times)

wasp

• Stingray
Re: Tournament Website for Digital Paintball
« Reply #40 on: April 24, 2008, 10:09:49 AM »
your tournament will most likely get deleted once the site goes live.

The site has gone live and i double posted because they were both completely different issues

Garrett

• Autococker
« Reply #41 on: April 24, 2008, 02:00:06 PM »
[...]
*It's not Live yet so don't create any tournaments.... I need to know people like it before we put it live on the site.

[...]
*Edit

Alright, Digital Paint: Paintball 2 on www.TournamentFront.com will be "Live" Soon, the community can go make accounts and the Digital Paint: Paintball 2 section will be under the PC Tab when it is officially "Live"...
[...]

wasp, read the whole topic before you respond to this message.  There above this are two messages that have clearly said the website is not live yet.

Double posting is in fact, okay at some points but, not in your case.  Your posts were less then 15 minutes apart meaning that you should have just modified your first post.

H3L Ownage

• PGP
« Reply #42 on: April 24, 2008, 03:08:24 PM »
Erm, small thing. You might have siegecastle and propaint1 in the same tournament. Siegecastle only supports siege mode and propaint1 doesn't support siege. Therefore, you need a gametype box for each map, and maybe a desciption box for each map.

I Kind of Understand what your saying, but if you could make a list of "Default Maps" for each gametype that would be fantastic, because users can always say "Use this Custom map *Blah* instead of the Defaults" in the description box.

Please continue to post any changes that may need fixed.

i_am_a_pirate

• Autococker
« Reply #43 on: April 25, 2008, 12:09:10 AM »
I Kind of Understand what your saying,
A different description box for each map so that they can vary the rules/gametype.
Maybe the format is flawed? Maybe you should have:

GENERAL
[general stuff - tourney name, etc.]

MAP1

[map]
[gametype]
[others that im too tired to think of]

MAP2

etc....

It's looking good, though...

Rick

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #44 on: April 25, 2008, 05:56:33 AM »
@Jitspoe- Maybe you can replace that big banner saying "Google AdSense Sucks" With this tournament website? Just a thought.

MrLuke

• Stingray
« Reply #45 on: April 25, 2008, 07:00:49 AM »
@Jitspoe- Maybe you can replace that big banner saying "Google AdSense Sucks" With this tournament website? Just a thought.
im with that guy

H3L Ownage

• PGP
« Reply #46 on: April 25, 2008, 07:12:37 AM »
A different description box for each map so that they can vary the rules/gametype.
Maybe the format is flawed? Maybe you should have:

GENERAL
[general stuff - tourney name, etc.]

MAP1

[map]
[gametype]
[others that im too tired to think of]

MAP2

etc....

It's looking good, though...

That requires a lot of work lol (which we wouldn't mind doing) as long as you can put out a detailed layout and explain why it would be more effective, plus this would go under the "Site Suggestions" in our forum at Tournament Front, because all the Tournaments for every game have the same style of Creation.

And ya, I can give you a Banner that fits the dimensions of that Adsense banner ;)

Here you go

or a simpler one

*Note also that we are working on an easy way to "Link" up the sites that we use their games for Tournaments so hopefully in the near future, there will be a link directing new players to this site so they can see what its all about.

i_am_a_pirate

• Autococker
« Reply #47 on: April 25, 2008, 01:25:24 PM »
That requires a lot of work lol (which we wouldn't mind doing) as long as you can put out a detailed layout and explain why it would be more effective, plus this would go under the "Site Suggestions" in our forum at Tournament Front, because all the Tournaments for every game have the same style of Creation.
I'll put it here anyway. Can everyone pitch in to this as well so that it doesn't look crap? ty!
And also, would the maps, etc. be the same for ALL of the matches (like, cos it's knock-out) be the same?

General

Tournament name: [Text box]
Players: [drop-down: 2v2, 3v3, etc.] [v]
Score Limit: [drop-down] [v]
Time Limit: [drop-down] [v]

Map 1

Name of map: [text box]
Game mode: [drop down] [v]

Map 2

Tie-break map

[Create Tournament!] (Button)

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #48 on: April 25, 2008, 01:56:55 PM »
I'm about to head to a big scenario game.  I'll try to get some links and news put up for this next week.

H3L Ownage

• PGP
« Reply #49 on: April 30, 2008, 09:34:35 PM »
Start Making Tournaments Guys, Check it out!

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #50 on: May 07, 2008, 08:49:23 PM »
Posted some news about it.  Sorry for the delay.

blaa

• Autococker
« Reply #51 on: May 08, 2008, 11:06:20 PM »
 Kind of wierd. Some commercial random dude makes a website, where paintball is just a little gamie over there and it gets a news, while purebloods and lekkys and terrorists efforts have been ignored.

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #52 on: May 09, 2008, 08:26:14 AM »
Kind of wierd. Some commercial random dude makes a website, where paintball is just a little gamie over there and it gets a news, while purebloods and lekkys and terrorists efforts have been ignored.

Have they?

Blitz

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #53 on: May 20, 2008, 04:22:37 PM »
This seems pretty neat. Here's a few thoughts, suggestions, and concerns I have:

1. Prize Structure: Is there any current way to distrubute the prize pool over multiple places (instead of only paying out first place)?

2. 'Rake Cost': Seems like at the high end, 1 credit is worth ~ $0.90 -- and at the low end, $0.55, depending on how many you buy.

If we assign an 'average' cost per credit based on these two extremes:

CaverageCost  = (.90 + .55) / 2 = $0.725

Now, take the example case of an 8 player, 5 credit 'buyin' 1vs1 tournament. There are a total of 40 credits in the 'prize pool'; which using our above calculated average credit value, equates to $29.00.

Now, the prize pool only pays $15, so this means only ~52% of the actual entry fee's are being paid out, while nearly half of the combined credit values are being extracted and pocketed as profit. Certainly a system such as this is entitled to take a percentage out of the pool, but almost half? That seems far too steep.

3. Map List: Many more maps need to be incorporated into the list. Since it is preselected by the tournament 'admin,' I can't see any issue with just mass uploading all the map names in a list.

I can't comment on the other stages of the tournament and functionaly yet, but hopefully these few topics help.