Poll

dont u hate it when u get killed when u just spawned?

yes
22 (62.9%)
no
13 (37.1%)

Total Members Voted: 35

Author Topic: player spawn protection  (Read 11698 times)

UDead

• Autococker
player spawn protection
« on: April 16, 2008, 02:15:39 PM »
i think there should be like a 3 sec. protection to where u can shot them and they cant shot u...so when u have thoghts campers who sit at your base and kill u as u spawn....

Eiii

• Autococker
Re: player spawn protection
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2008, 02:51:41 PM »
If the other team can get someone to sit in your base and kill all your players as they spawn, it means two things:

1. The map is not incredibly designed.
2. The other team deserves to win that round.

So yes, it's annoying, but it's part of the game. Giving newly-spawned players invincibility would be make it very tough to defend the other team's base when you're trying to keep them from capping.

Cameron

• Global Moderator
  • Autococker
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2008, 02:53:45 PM »
OR you stay away from speed servers unless you are in for a bit of fun.

webhead

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2008, 03:11:02 PM »
lol @ poll. XD

Cameron

• Global Moderator
  • Autococker
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2008, 03:24:49 PM »
it looks beautiful.  now i dont think this is going to succed unless newbs from syncmasters cable and the OTB speed come and vote 4 it.

UDead

• Autococker
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2008, 04:41:12 PM »
So yes, it's annoying, but it's part of the game. Giving newly-spawned players invincibility would be make it very tough to defend the other team's base when you're trying to keep them from capping.

i dont wand in invincibility i just want like 3 or 2 sec. to where either teams can kill at base when first spawned

Eiii

• Autococker
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2008, 04:43:10 PM »
i dont wand in invincibility i just want like 3 or 2 sec. to where either teams can kill at base when first spawned
...2 or 3 seconds of invincibility. So you can kill an enemy that should, under most any circumstance, kill you. Sounds entirely reasonable.

UDead

• Autococker
« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2008, 04:46:37 PM »
no....for and ex....u got two teams...red and blue...a red is campping at blues base and is killing as u spawn....what i want is that so when blue spawns he/she has 2 sec. to move so u dont keep getting kill and the blue who spawned cant kill anyone untill that 2 sec. is over....

KnacK

• Global Moderator
  • Autococker
« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2008, 04:51:48 PM »
The real reason for this thread:

also on the next update version is done can u udated a version that has better aim when shoting....because sometimes when im face to face or other and i shot...im the one who ends up dieing...not them....

Eiii

• Autococker
« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2008, 05:45:13 PM »
no....for and ex....u got two teams...red and blue...a red is campping at blues base and is killing as u spawn....what i want is that so when blue spawns he/she has 2 sec. to move so u dont keep getting kill and the blue who spawned cant kill anyone untill that 2 sec. is over....
Oh, that's a bit more reasonable. Still, it's a huge advantage to the one spawning, as he'll know exactly where his enemy is (assuming obsblackout is off (which it always is (because recon takes skill))).

Anyway, I still fail to see what the issue is with the current system. Do explain?

Cameron

• Global Moderator
  • Autococker
« Reply #10 on: April 16, 2008, 05:47:55 PM »
Its UDead complaining about speed servers.  Just get off the friggen speed servers and play good maps.  Problem Solved.

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #11 on: April 17, 2008, 01:07:37 AM »
I see where you're trying to go with this, but I think it would annoy some players not to be able to shoot for 2 seconds after they spawn.  Perhaps a 2 second max invulnerability or invulnerability until the player attempts to perform some action (like shoot), whichever comes first?

KnacK

• Global Moderator
  • Autococker
« Reply #12 on: April 17, 2008, 04:21:28 AM »
this needs to die.......

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #13 on: April 17, 2008, 08:29:04 AM »
It's a reasonable request.  I've seen people do cheap and annoying things like sit in the spawn rooms of castle1 with no other purpose than to kill respawners.  Not on the speed servers, either.

UDead

• Autococker
« Reply #14 on: April 17, 2008, 02:21:01 PM »
ya...2sec max....thx jitspoe

KnacK

• Global Moderator
  • Autococker
« Reply #15 on: April 17, 2008, 02:26:37 PM »
add a feature vote and lets vote on it.....

UDead

• Autococker
« Reply #16 on: April 17, 2008, 02:50:36 PM »
knowing u....

this needs to die.......

u would gather all your frinds and have them vote no on it just because u dont like it or dont like me....

Cameron

• Global Moderator
  • Autococker
« Reply #17 on: April 17, 2008, 02:54:30 PM »
-1 when its on the list.

UDead

• Autococker
« Reply #18 on: April 17, 2008, 03:01:24 PM »
i have no set time to end so ithat more ppl can vote

KnacK

• Global Moderator
  • Autococker
« Reply #19 on: April 17, 2008, 03:03:11 PM »
Your poll at the top does not make thsi a feature vote.

and yes, -1 from me if it does go to vote.