Author Topic: Feature: high quality shaders  (Read 5974 times)

ashkenaz

• VM-68
Feature: high quality shaders
« on: May 05, 2008, 11:47:54 AM »
I CALL THIS TO A VOTE  ;D  higher quality shaders, so we could have semi reflective tiles, more realistic glass, mirrors, guns with aluminum reflectivness, and such things. cant live without...

y00tz

• Autococker
Re: Feature: high quality shaders
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2008, 11:51:44 AM »
As much as I would love to see new shaders, bloom, etc.  By using rscripts, you can make reflective looking glass that is pretty convincing, you can give your tiles a reflective look (I've done this in the CTP using Jitspoe's 'glare' texture from the masks).

ashkenaz

• VM-68
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2008, 12:15:15 PM »
im saying better than that... :D

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker

y00tz

• Autococker
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2008, 02:47:09 PM »
ARBF is what you used for the water reflections, right?

ashkenaz

• VM-68
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2008, 07:36:31 AM »
who? and i use a program that uses shaders, its a 3d modeling program. the shaders are pretty simple, but very effective      go to http://www.4dblue.com/gallery.html
all the pictures were made in like 10 minutes (very good GOOD program)

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2008, 09:27:27 AM »
ARBF is what you used for the water reflections, right?
The reflections are just rendered to a texture.  ARBF is used for the ripple distortions an Fresnel effect.

who? and i use a program that uses shaders, its a 3d modeling program. the shaders are pretty simple, but very effective      go to http://www.4dblue.com/gallery.html
all the pictures were made in like 10 minutes (very good GOOD program)

Judging from the screenshots, you may have a misunderstanding as to what shaders can and cannot do.  They don't just magically generate reflections, refractions, caustics, etc.  All they can do is manipulate existing pixels and textures.  That program looks interesting, though.  I'll have to check it out.

ashkenaz

• VM-68
« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2008, 10:24:13 AM »

Judging from the screenshots, you may have a misunderstanding as to what shaders can and cannot do.  They don't just magically generate reflections, refractions, caustics, etc.  All they can do is manipulate existing pixels and textures.  That program looks interesting, though.  I'll have to check it out.

yea im very new  to this type stuff, and yes  the program is easy to learn...