Author Topic: Feature Request: Shop system  (Read 4548 times)

T3RR0R15T

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
Feature Request: Shop system
« on: May 28, 2008, 02:06:05 PM »
I dont like the idea for "(Optional?) In-Game Ads to Support Development Costs", but i agree with u all that jitspoe should get a little bit money :P

Why i dont like the idea?
- ingame ads looks terrible on a wall or the scoreboard or somewhere else. there are only a hand full maps, where it looks good (some soccer maps for example).
- i think its only optional in the first 5-10 builds...
- serveradmins have costs too. ads on the servers without get anything is unfair :P
- more traffic --> more lags / longer time to load maps

What about a shop?

Everyone can use specials with money. Maybe buy credits (we need a name for it then :P ) and u can use it for everything u want.
jitspoe can add some new features, which are only aviable through the shop.
Examples:
2 credits - clan logo on the jersey (for one month)
5 credits - special weapon (for one month)
7 credits - 50 paintmines / special paint grenades
10 credits - 50x spawn with the best weapon from the map

Maybe there should be an option to get all/some of this things without pay money. Play 100 hours on servers witch have the shop system on (serversetting) to get 5 credits for example.
If someone dont want play so long he can buy credits and jitspoe gets some money.

But, should it be ingame or on a website? Or both?

Its a big new feature. Maybe too big...
What do u think about it?

Spook

• Autococker
Re: Feature Request: Shop system
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2008, 02:20:44 PM »
Seems stupid, why give people the chance to buy skills?

T3RR0R15T

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2008, 02:40:18 PM »
special weapons is only an example.

maybe add 2 or 3 playermodels for each color, which u can buy.

y00tz

• Autococker
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2008, 03:28:08 PM »
I like the idea of helping jitspoe by having micro-transactions, but if 'Bad Company' teaches us anything, buying skill is certainly not an option.  I think it would be neat to have different models/skins available for weapons and players.  It would be neat to have a two tiered system, like a few 'freebies' for people who login with the GLS, i.e. an incentive (idea courtesy Blitz).  And on the other hand, for those who choose, instead of a t-shirt or low GLS ID, they could purchase neat cosmetic upgrades.

zimtstern

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2008, 03:48:25 PM »
i don`t like it...paintball is not child game where you can buy your skills...!

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2008, 04:16:05 PM »
http://dplogin.com/dplogin/featurevote/feature.php?id=10149

It might be best to limit this to things that don't directly impact the gameplay - perhaps different jerseys and whatnot.

wafflez205

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2008, 12:01:12 AM »
this would be just stupid. i joined this game because it is free. this is why i dont play most games online. because you have to pay to get most of the stuff in the game.

T3RR0R15T

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2008, 07:31:38 AM »
U can get credits, if u play and if u dont play and want the specials u can buy credits.

Some special stuff, avaible only if u buy it is *****. Of course.

T3RR0R15T

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2008, 11:26:32 AM »
U can play it or not. Maybe u can get one kill more with other things, but nobody is better with specials.

With an option for serveradmins, the matchservers are out of this system. Matchservers needs the same chance for each player.

ViciouZ

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #9 on: June 19, 2008, 11:34:36 AM »
Sven-Coop has a system like this, where you donate $5 and get to use the electrified crowbar and grapple :D

blaa

• Autococker
« Reply #10 on: June 20, 2008, 02:26:39 AM »
 You should just get to buy some bonus account or whatnot it would be called, but it would only give you a good feeling that you are supporting the development of the game and then some not-so-important additional features.

For example you could get a good statistical review of how much time you spend playing the game, how much kills you got etc etc. That, of course, could come when jitspoe makes such feature.

The custom jersey is a good idea as well.

Getting some paintmines seems foolish, as well as super guns.

And maybe, just maybe, when jitspoe or whoever makes new gun/player/whatever models or new HR textures, then those with support account could get to play with those before than those without the account for like 1 month.

The names of those who have bought such support-thing would go to a list (if they want) and therefore others in the community will give them huge respect!