Author Topic: Scope. Speedhacking?  (Read 18980 times)

Zakk

• PGP
Scope. Speedhacking?
« on: July 29, 2008, 03:25:34 PM »
i was wrong about newbie speed hacking and my apologies, but this is pretty evident. same server, loials at about 5:30 EST... watch the demo at 15:42 its when scope respawns. sorry again about the wrong post spook.

AirHead

Breeze

• PGP
Re: Scope. Speedhacking?
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2008, 03:32:06 PM »
Don't have a demo but i was there to and he was without a doubt using a speed hack.

Spook

• Autococker
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2008, 03:32:21 PM »
Yeah, that definitely was a speed cheat right there.

capo

• VM-68
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2008, 03:33:02 PM »
Same as breeze has said.

Told scope. But it seemed as if he doesn't care if he gets banned. owell.

CoffeeBeans

• PGP
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2008, 03:37:48 PM »
He's being a massive ass in the game and just blatently speed hacking and talking crap. I spectated him and he was flying so fast i could barely even make out what he was passing.

Edit:
Was on Loials around about 4:30 central.

Legacy

• PGP
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2008, 03:47:11 PM »
Yeah, it looks like he is speedhacking to me.

I listed down two times because I felt these two clips were all that would be needed to tell.

Times: 9:51 and 7:47. So FF to those and you should be good.

Also, this happened at around 5:00 est.

Zakk

• PGP
« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2008, 03:48:03 PM »
heres another demo of the infamous speed cheater.  Have a nice break scope!

Garrett

• Autococker
Re: Scope speed hacking as well
« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2008, 04:01:50 PM »
Second offense too.

BLONDIE

• Stingray
« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2008, 04:34:46 PM »
what a retard he just did it again and let the whole pub go idle so we could record

CoffeeBeans

• PGP
« Reply #9 on: July 29, 2008, 09:21:09 PM »
things like this annoy me because I am great at accuracy and strategy but I don't know how to do any jumps more advanced than a double jump since no one is willing to show me or explain them to me. I just get "GTFO Newb" or "shut up you suck" when I ask. People who are able to just fly across the map and get to my flag before I am even off my own base make the game not worth playing to me. Boxed2 for example, there is a backdoor that takes you straight to the opponents flag while I am having to take the slower longer ground based route. People unwilling to help others become proficient with the game I think is one of the reasons cheats are prevalent. I will quite honestly say I would most definitely cheat if i knew i could get away with it just for this reason.

Just my $0.02

P!nk

• Autococker
_
« Reply #10 on: July 29, 2008, 11:51:53 PM »
Post removed
« Last Edit: July 26, 2010, 01:51:39 AM by P!nk »

Monst3r

• PGP
« Reply #11 on: July 30, 2008, 12:14:57 AM »
it kind of obvious when u dont jump as usual and go faster than everybody else too obvious

Justinph5

• Autococker
« Reply #12 on: July 30, 2008, 12:23:45 AM »
lol well the best place to find help is irc or from an older player like pink said, altho a lot of the mid to higher players will say stuff like that cuz they think they're too good. Just ask around, and if not, you can find me (Jusu) in a week or 2 after vaca. :)

Epic

• PGP
« Reply #13 on: July 30, 2008, 09:40:20 AM »
yeah i was there. i really didnt see him speedhacking on castle1 but when we were on propaint1 i chased him and he was for sure speedhacking.. around about 5:45 when we weere on propaint1.. loial's server
have fun scope.
- Epic

sk89q

• Global Moderator
  • Autococker
« Reply #14 on: July 30, 2008, 11:04:16 AM »
things like this annoy me because I am great at accuracy and strategy but I don't know how to do any jumps more advanced than a double jump since no one is willing to show me or explain them to me. I just get "GTFO Newb" or "shut up you suck" when I ask. People who are able to just fly across the map and get to my flag before I am even off my own base make the game not worth playing to me. Boxed2 for example, there is a backdoor that takes you straight to the opponents flag while I am having to take the slower longer ground based route. People unwilling to help others become proficient with the game I think is one of the reasons cheats are prevalent. I will quite honestly say I would most definitely cheat if i knew i could get away with it just for this reason.

Just my $0.02

http://digitalpaint.therisenrealm.com/reference/jumping#SpeedJumping

flip

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #15 on: July 31, 2008, 10:26:52 AM »

Just my $0.02

Also, please keep in mind that there are people who do teach or none of us would know much. I would suggest downloading ventrillo and hoping on the general pub channel and get to know some people. There is always a bunch of descent people who will help you out. You also have to understand that the game is much like any social place where you are looked at as a non regular until the players who spend a great deal of time on here get to know you. There has been many clans that were established to help teach new players and I love to teach but you need to get vent because it is easier to explain things in voice as opposed to typing. Some of the players who will take time to show you stuff if their schedule allows are.... Jusu, Capo, Viciouz, Gav, Biker, Nub, M7feettall (if he still is around), I could probably go on for a long time. The point is.. we are not all jerks and there are many willing to help. Ask a descent member of a descent clan and I'm sure they will help. Bother spook, muff, legacy, jigsaw, breeze. I learned what I know by picking the brains of anyone better than me and piecing it all together. Even some of the players not as good as you might know something you don't. Just keep trying to find a crowd that will accept you. I go by numerous names in game but everyone knows me as flip or madhatter. Team UTi

CoffeeBeans

• PGP
« Reply #16 on: July 31, 2008, 01:21:43 PM »
sk89q, that link means nothing to me. like the one says to get from here to here you need to do a "circle jump"  I'm sitting there going "mmkay?..and i do that HOW?"  It explains strafe jumping/running but that is something i constantly try.. i basically end up crashing into a wall before i can even attempt it twice. its basically mashing many buttons in a very precise and unforgiving manner, one slip and you fail miserably. I cant get the rythym down and i cant really concentrate on enjoying/playing the game when i have to constantly having to think out each exact movement.

<rant> Yes, I am sure if i sat around dying all day and practiced in spectator mode following people around I might eventually get it but I rather play than sitting on the sidelines jumping into the wall. I got excited when i saw there was a link to Quake3paintball but lost hope when i saw it was no longer in development. It's general idea was strategy and game play over trick jumps since it didnt even have double jump. PaintBall2 is the first FPS game I have ever played that required you to learn tricks just to play.  Smash Jump, Forward Left, Left strafe, and spin your mouse all the same time, rinse and repear all while trying to play and aim.. yea right.. patch that excrement and everyone learn to run like humans. Lets call this game PogoPaint </rant>

Flip: yea, I was really enjoying myself playing with and against Capo and Spook. If i remember right I was spectating Capo for quite awhile because I loved how he strafe jumped/ran and was trying to see if i could get the pattern down. He made it look so simple.

Anyways I haven't been playing since this incident happened, I havent been able to get in any games at all.

"Bad Password"

I know my password by heart.. its the nick name of a girl I have liked for a very long time..
I have retyped my password many times, heck if the password was wrong I wouldn't be able to login to the forums.

Is there a way to check if i got banned? I know my login Info is correct, it hasn't been changed or modified before any of this . I retyped it all in again just to make sure and I still fail to login. Odd.. anyways. ok I just got onto a server.. I dont know if it checks for global login but Im able to play, the "login" screen took like 2 minutes for me though so i think it failed.

sk89q

• Global Moderator
  • Autococker
« Reply #17 on: July 31, 2008, 05:55:59 PM »
The instructions on that article are pretty clear as to what buttons you press and when you press them (especially for strafe jumping). (As for the circle jump, I'm unable to do that, so that's why the article is light on details.) Jumping does take some practice, but it's merely another element of the game that you have to learn. Any good game has skills you need to pick up, and jumping is one of Paintball's. TF2 wouldn't be fun at all if any newbie would always be on equal footing with a long-time player.

Learning strafe jumping (for me) wasn't that hard. The instructions for it on the Internet were very specific for what you needed to do, and I just watched only one or two videos to understand exactly what I should have been doing.

However, it's true that a lot of people, especially on the public servers, are unhelpful, but there are other places (and certain people) to ask for help.

As for "Bad Password":
http://digitalpaint.therisenrealm.com/reference/intro#PlayingonaPublicServer
If an error pops up, and it says....
[...]
    * Bad password: The server requires a password to join. Press ESC and go back to the Join Game menu to find another server.

CoffeeBeans

• PGP
« Reply #18 on: July 31, 2008, 08:31:31 PM »
odd. Loials is the server that kept failing me originally, I tried about 4 other servers that i have been to and they all failed. A reinstall of paintball after backing up my nickname (hate retyping it) and keybinds and it started to work again. Anyways I'm done in this forum, we are way off subject. I'll just find a generic topic to leech off of.

EDIT: added more info

eradicator

• Autococker
« Reply #19 on: July 31, 2008, 09:01:02 PM »
I was in a server with scope today, think it was eR33t pub, and he typed something like speedy.exe and it came up as chat, then he was like "oops lol". And people were talking about Simone speed hacking the whole time I was in there, but I wasn't really paying attention but I guess they were talking about scope.