Author Topic: TinMan's Suggestion  (Read 2353 times)

KI3S

• 68 Carbine
TinMan's Suggestion
« on: November 25, 2008, 11:29:02 PM »
April 16, 2006

Jitspoe, have you played Quake4 and seen the "clan" field that is in the multiplayer setup? I think that would be pretty cool to have, a seperate section of the scoreboard for clan tags. It would be a hastle, but maybe have the login system have a person register a clan name and organize information on it for others to see (e.g. - website, irc channel, members, what the acronym stands for, etc...), and then only users that are added to the clan via login system could display the clan tags. Just some crazy ideas.

I recently found this idea from TinMan. I think it would be hard to do, but very helpful and beneficial against clan impersonators. Also, it would give people information about the clan that is registered.

Maybe a possible feature vote?

ViciouZ

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
Re: TinMan's Suggestion
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2008, 10:47:49 AM »
That is in essence what the GLS is meant to do... however there have been pretty long-term teething problems :o

stephen schultz

• PGP
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2008, 12:15:35 PM »
Sounds cool.Maybe uuh like a automated records for each player and for each clan.This should be in vote section

KI3S

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2008, 11:04:49 AM »
Yeah. Something that keeps track of everyones score, and clan information, and can show it. Like when you push tab to view all the players in a server, you can have an option to click their name and look at their scores and what clan they are on and such

i_am_a_pirate

• Autococker
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2008, 11:14:03 AM »
There is in the feature vote section. Take an hour of so to vote on there for all the stuff you can - it'll help you to be able to get the stuff you want in paintball quicker if you vote for it.

KI3S

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2009, 11:25:22 PM »
There is in the feature vote section.

Was there ever a feature-vote made for this?

KnacK

• Global Moderator
  • Autococker
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2009, 06:25:32 AM »
If there is no link in this thread to a feature vote, then no.