Author Topic: New map: Bankrob - Siege map.  (Read 37446 times)

Spook

• Autococker
New map: Bankrob - Siege map.
« on: December 07, 2008, 11:23:33 AM »
Have had this map almost done for months now, and finally decided to put the finishing touches in today. In light of all the recent, poorly lit maps being released, here is one that won't hurt your eyes to look at. Some of the images are from early, early alpha stages, so they might differ from the version that is available for download now. Also, you will need the ctp1 texture pack, otherwise you will be missing quite a few textures, just search the forums for them and install them correctly.

The rest of the images can be found here: http://s120.photobucket.com/albums/o162/Spookyman15/Bankrob/

Download: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=9F230RDY

« Last Edit: December 09, 2008, 03:21:49 PM by Spook »

Byz

• 68 Carbine
Re: Bankrob - Siege map.
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2008, 11:57:15 AM »
Looks very nice from the screenshots but I dont know why the download link doesnt work for me.

Spook

• Autococker
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2008, 11:59:44 AM »
That is odd, it doesn't work for me either. I'll host it somewhere else.

RiMiNi

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2008, 02:39:39 PM »
Very Nice Spook!
-Maybe Around the parking lot have a fence or something. so that it doesnt just "end" and go off into space
-That front grate that you can crouch through gives you "walls" into the main hall? area and the front patio. maybe take that grate out and just have an opening or something. See that much could significantly change the game ?
-Elevator doors when closed pass with the wall beside them and the textures are competing to be seen (upper level not lower)

sk89q

• Global Moderator
  • Autococker
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2008, 02:57:43 PM »
Cool. I've always wanted to make a bank theft map (but I'd know I would never finish it...).

Scale wise, you feel like a midget when you are going around. The railings are eye level and the doors are insanely tall.

The textures are a bit repetitive. Have the ceiling a different texture, at least.

Clutter! It feels really empty. If you could make use of some models, that would be great.

Spook

• Autococker
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2008, 08:12:40 PM »

-Maybe Around the parking lot have a fence or something. so that it doesnt just "end" and go off into space
-That front grate that you can crouch through gives you "walls" into the main hall? area and the front patio. maybe take that grate out and just have an opening or something. See that much could significantly change the game ?
-Elevator doors when closed pass with the wall beside them and the textures are competing to be seen (upper level not lower)
The fence idea will work, but it kind of won't fit seeing as no building is surrounded by fencing. So the sky needs to be the end. For the most part, I can't see that being a huge deal.
The grating I can delete, but the point of it was to block visibility, do you know if I make it thinner, would it still do this "wallhack?"
Last time I looked at this map was probably a good 3-4 months ago, and I probably missed a few things back then, and passed over them today, I'll look into that.

Scale wise, you feel like a midget when you are going around. The railings are eye level and the doors are insanely tall.

The textures are a bit repetitive. Have the ceiling a different texture, at least.

Clutter! It feels really empty. If you could make use of some models, that would be great.

Not quite sure how to make it seem smaller without doing hours upon hours of remaking, so if you want, you can toss out some of the major problems, and I'll gladly work on those.

A suggestion for a ceiling would be wonderful, I tried a few textures and none of them seemed to fit.

Models, eh, I was waiting for y00tz's office type models, but alas, haven't seen much progress on that since the last time I've looked at the map.

justcall

• PGP
« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2008, 12:06:16 PM »
Can you upload the map to other server, please?

Spook

• Autococker
Re: New map: Bankrob - Siege map.
« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2008, 03:20:38 PM »
Where would you like it hosted?

justcall

• PGP
« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2008, 05:06:14 AM »
You don't have to upload it to other server, I managed to get the map. Thanks

mik1

• Stingray
« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2008, 07:38:51 AM »
awesome! i just love the use uf textures :D i never got idea where to use those "strange boxes" (jaildoor2)

QueeNiE

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #10 on: December 10, 2008, 02:32:28 PM »
I remember when I played the first few demos of it.  It is way better than I ever thought possible for a map like this.

Love everything, just maybe a little too dark.  But that's just me.

Keep up the good work blindy ;)

Termin8oR

• Autococker
« Reply #11 on: December 12, 2008, 12:36:20 AM »
Wow Spook, you finally release this to the public about 6 months after I gave you ideas and wanted to help you on it.

But it looks great and well done my friend.

Spook

• Autococker
« Reply #12 on: December 12, 2008, 04:43:39 PM »
Heh, I told you I'd finish it eventually.

Termin8oR

• Autococker
« Reply #13 on: December 14, 2008, 12:35:31 PM »
Heh, I told you I'd finish it eventually.

Yeah, that is true.
Are you going to add anything more/new to it in the future?

idias

• Autococker
« Reply #14 on: December 14, 2008, 12:49:45 PM »
hey guys...the download isnt working for me...can someone tell me another way to get the map!?:)

T3RR0R15T

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #15 on: December 14, 2008, 01:57:09 PM »

Spook

• Autococker
« Reply #16 on: December 14, 2008, 03:44:30 PM »
I do plan on making changes, and filling it up more, just as soon as I get ideas, but no one seems to have any ideas in this community anymore.

Rick

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #17 on: December 14, 2008, 04:56:16 PM »
You could try putting a stature out front, depends if you want to or not.

Something like this maybe? http://www.stockphotography.co.uk/Upload/Stock/Watermarked/8135.jpg

justcall

• PGP
« Reply #18 on: December 15, 2008, 08:59:35 AM »
You could add more lights in the bank.. Its too dark

aircrew

• VM-68
« Reply #19 on: December 15, 2008, 11:32:49 AM »
Yeah, it´s easy to camp a flag. You can make some faster escape way with flag too. And I didn´t find any point of clip brushes on the roof, it made me mad. Same with strange double jump on back of a bank. You should make it easier for newbs, just put here classic doublejump.