Author Topic: New map: Bankrob - Siege map.  (Read 37482 times)

ZeroLegend

• VM-68
Re: New map: Bankrob - Siege map.
« Reply #40 on: January 08, 2009, 11:45:58 PM »
If its a bank theme, and you need brushes for the inside, maybe you should add a teller desk.  If not that then maybe a customer service desk and the line belts.  Also, plants are a good idea like someone suggested before. There is not much you can add in a bank unless you went all out and added a vault.

Spook

• Autococker
« Reply #41 on: January 11, 2009, 10:44:51 AM »
Rick has been so kind to have decompiled my beta 3 for me. I have fixed all the decompiller errors and have started redoing some of the stuff I have added for beta 4. I am also currently working on learning how to use models, since I have never used any before I am struggling a bit, but don't worry, I'll try and add some plant life for beta 4 before I release any other betas.

Thanks again Rick.

Clipz

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #42 on: January 11, 2009, 02:06:41 PM »
I would of liked to see you make a map thats not siege, that ruins the whole map. It looks good but siege maps are crap.. sorry.

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #43 on: January 15, 2009, 07:23:47 PM »
Well, crap.  I didn't realize there were more betas than 1, so I recorded a demo with suggestions on that one.  Grabbing beta 3 now.  I'm uploading all the betas to the beta server, and I'll post some feedback on beta3 shortly.

It looks good but siege maps are crap.. sorry.

All the more reason to make a siege map that's good.

Clipz

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #44 on: January 16, 2009, 08:40:10 PM »
I mean i don't like the game play of siege's

painted

• PGP
« Reply #45 on: January 17, 2009, 05:42:38 PM »
well not all siege maps are crap...like siege castle i kinda like siege castle and u have to admit this map is rlly good ...
in one of the screenshots i dont like the parking lot ideia it has too much space if it had like some cars in the middle it would be better believe me...but still its a map i would do some tourneys with my friends...congrats!

idias

• Autococker
« Reply #46 on: January 17, 2009, 05:54:19 PM »
well not all siege maps are crap...like siege castle i kinda like siege castle and u have to admit this map is rlly good ...
in one of the screenshots i dont like the parking lot ideia it has too much space if it had like some cars in the middle it would be better believe me...but still its a map i would do some tourneys with my friends...congrats!

Hia painted...

Yes you have a point with that parking lot part...but scalewise the railings are almost higher then you...

painted

• PGP
« Reply #47 on: January 17, 2009, 06:01:04 PM »

but scalewise the railings are almost higher then you...

yh ok but ppl who see the screenshot dont see that ... ::)

Spook

• Autococker
« Reply #48 on: January 17, 2009, 09:36:16 PM »
idias, you obviously have not downloaded beta3, why don't you do that then respond.

eMo

• VM-68
« Reply #49 on: January 17, 2009, 10:20:31 PM »
I wish there was a drool icon...

RiMiNi

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #50 on: January 17, 2009, 11:47:42 PM »

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #51 on: January 18, 2009, 10:02:32 PM »
Recorded another demo of beta 3.  A lot of the stuff from the first demo still applies.  Don't forget to put a message in your worldspawn to title your map. 

Clipz

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #52 on: January 19, 2009, 01:20:44 PM »
I never said the map was crap i just hate siege mode

Spook

• Autococker
« Reply #53 on: January 20, 2009, 03:45:57 PM »
Added some models to the front and a getaway car which happens to be a bit sporty, but meh, the bad guys gotta get away somehow.

Also made some benches for the basement area, and one for out front so you can loiter if you don't feel like helping your team.

T3RR0R15T

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #54 on: January 21, 2009, 09:30:46 AM »
nice :D

Spook

• Autococker
« Reply #55 on: January 21, 2009, 03:10:46 PM »
Before I release the next beta, I'm going to double the amount of stairs so jitspoe doesn't eat me. Also gonna clip some stuff.

Jitspoe - for that point in the demo where you were confused about the ladder elevator rope type deal, you climb it on  the side, it opens the main doors so you can see in the lobby and shoot from there. I thought it was a neat idea so I have kept it as an elevator brush.

deltaranger

• Stingray
« Reply #56 on: February 08, 2009, 05:08:59 AM »
wow pro mapping

i_am_a_pirate

• Autococker
« Reply #57 on: February 15, 2009, 12:50:37 PM »
I've played thia a few times on the beta server (and others i think) and it is OK, but it's a bit too easy to attack - what with all the entrances. It's gameplay for the defenders is more like camping than defending. Aldo, people attacking dont use the other entrances (the roof, etc.), and when they do, by the time that they have reached the roof, the rest of the team are dead and they're getting shot at from below through the gaps in the glass. It's more of a match map then a pubber's map... which is good except i dont think many people like to use siege maps as their matching map.

magalhaes

• Autococker
« Reply #58 on: February 15, 2009, 01:11:59 PM »
I actually liked this map when I played it in a pub. Much better than every other siege map imo. I also like the large number of entrances. Also, the map looks really good.

Spook

• Autococker
« Reply #59 on: February 15, 2009, 05:01:35 PM »
Haven't worked on it much lately, but thanks for the feedback, whenever I get around to the next beta, that will be my last. I am kind of sick of mapping this, and every thing that needs fixed is so minor, and I got alot of it anyway.