Author Topic: Bug: Team Switch Friendly Fire (Grenade Suicide Team Kill Exploit)  (Read 5078 times)

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
If you get killed and switch teams while your paint is in the air, the paint will change teams as well, and may kill former teammates.  Some players have abused this to grief other players.  I suppose the simplest solution would be to remove all paint/grenades/etc fired by a player when he switches teams.

http://dplogin.com/dplogin/featurevote/feature.php?id=10185

Spook

• Autococker
Re: Bug: Team Switch Friendly Fire (Grenade Suicide Team Kill Exploit)
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2009, 10:31:24 PM »
Why not get rid of grenades all together, I think that would be a much better choice. Especially useful in the clan scene too when teams pick blitz and only nade.

b00nlander

• Autococker
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2009, 12:42:58 AM »
... or at least revert to the standard nades from before 2006 (or whenever they were changed to impact- and later to primed grenades)

T3RR0R15T

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2009, 10:05:46 AM »
Our server watchdog (from sk89q) has a good feature:

First team kill = warn
Second team kill = kick

It works great, but not on the most important server (speed). Looks like the game isnt full compatible to servers with more than 16 players.

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2009, 09:39:12 PM »
They aren't really friendly fire, though, since the player has switched teams.  Technically, they've killed enemy players (unless the watchdog checks for kills post-team change.  I'm not sure how it works).

sk89q

• Global Moderator
  • Autococker
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2009, 02:13:35 AM »
I think it checks for kills post-team change; though, I don't even remember anymore.

Edit: It doesn't bother with checking kills. If you change team quickly after committing suicide, then it counts that.

blaa

• Autococker
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2009, 05:38:03 AM »
... or at least revert to the standard nades from before 2006 (or whenever they were changed to impact- and later to primed grenades)

Yes!!!!

mewa

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2009, 06:19:38 PM »
sad....

this has got to be one of the most promising areas of this game. let it stand. i've never seen it used to inflict real harm on a team, say by some sacrificial double agent. mostly just used to throw a friend off when it looks like theyre concentrating too much.

lilb990

• Autococker
« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2009, 07:38:30 PM »

Well on that i would love to have impact nades back on EVERY server i loved impact nades, but that's up to the DP Community, DP Committee, and jitspoe.

i_am_a_pirate

• Autococker
« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2009, 07:53:52 AM »
would it be possible for the person to switch teams, but for the paint not to? That would be more (if u can be) realistic, and it wouldnt just have it so that theres a nade, then theres no nade.

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #10 on: February 19, 2009, 11:06:29 AM »
I think that's how it used to be initially, and it was possible to friendly fire kill people.  For example, say you were on red, shooting at a blue, then somebody killed you, and you switched to blue, but your red paint (still in the air) hit a blue person.  It would display that you killed a teammate, since you're now blue.  I think that was a bug back in the day, and I fixed it by switching all the paint when a player changed teams, but that introduced this bug where you could switch teams and kill what used to be your teammates.  I think the fix-all solution will just be to remove all paint from a player when he switches teams.

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #11 on: October 02, 2012, 09:28:09 PM »
This should be fixed for the next version.  The only slight bug left is that it will show your new team color when you eliminate somebody after dying and switching teams, but it won't count as friendly fire.  I think that's acceptable.