Author Topic: New Map: Forgotten Caverns !!FINAL RELEASE!!  (Read 22860 times)

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
Re: New Map: Forgotten Caverns
« Reply #40 on: March 13, 2009, 01:38:57 PM »
I'm not saying it's too complicated.  It's just easy to get disoriented because of the lack of visual cues in some areas, I think.  You end up in a tunnel full of purple barrels and don't know which way to go.

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #41 on: March 14, 2009, 09:05:59 PM »
Finally played it on the beta server.  As I expected, half the people commented about being completely lost.  I think the biggest problem is the paths behind the base.  If you spawn back there, you don't know which way to go to go toward the other base.  I guess there just needs to be more obvious landmarks.   Also, something to better indicate the path toward the center flag would be useful.  Most players probably won't find quickly just by wandering.  It would also be nice if there was a better shot at the center flag from the jail.  You might also want to set this in your worldspawn:
"nojailffire" "1"
So you don't have clueless teammates shooting you while you're trying to shoot at live players.

KI3S

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #42 on: March 14, 2009, 11:13:53 PM »
Took me forever to find out where I was going. I think there is too many paths, since most of the people in the server left because they complained about being lost.

_burnt

• Autococker
« Reply #43 on: March 17, 2009, 12:02:15 PM »
I've uploaded 6th beta up. Only lowered flag points to 2, set nojailfire, and some small fixes.

http://maps.digitalpaint.therisenrealm.com/archive/forgotten_caverns_b6.bsp

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #44 on: March 25, 2009, 08:41:00 PM »
Made another demo and put the map up on the beta server.

_burnt

• Autococker
« Reply #45 on: March 26, 2009, 08:34:37 AM »
I watched the demo. There wasn't much to change, i think i'm going to do them on weekend. I fix Lost for friday and compile it on satyrday (takes 15 hours ::)) I'm not sure, but the planks at the base are too long to align, but i'll see about it. And that one path, where you went by those ladder, i could change the end it would turn to the middle instead of base, or go straight.

But i'm going to do them on the weekend.

Spook

• Autococker
« Reply #46 on: March 26, 2009, 02:15:09 PM »
As always, my offer still stands to compile peoples maps if they have a slow system. Your 15 hours may only take 1 hour for me.

_burnt

• Autococker
« Reply #47 on: March 26, 2009, 02:19:42 PM »
Ok, I'll se if i have need for it. This map takes  only about 10-20 minutes to compile. In lost, VIS takes 14 hours...

_burnt

• Autococker
« Reply #48 on: March 29, 2009, 07:20:36 AM »
Hi! Beta 7 is out.

http://maps.digitalpaint.therisenrealm.com/archive/forgotten_caverns_b7.bsp

Not much changed. Added hint brushes, clipped a bit, added 2 white flag models as an indicator to the 1st white flag. To second i forgot to add indicators. Team indicator added too. Screenies: ( indicator in 3rd screen is little bit in your way. Ill change it, just letting you know...)

_burnt

• Autococker
« Reply #49 on: April 04, 2009, 11:54:35 AM »
Well, i think this map is ready for final release, so i'll give week or so time for this and then make the final release. If you have anything to say to this, post it here.

JeeJee is really grateful for your help :)

_burnt

• Autococker
« Reply #50 on: April 10, 2009, 06:10:54 AM »
So week is up and i'm releasing the all mighty Final Release of Forgotten Caverns. I think all the flaws are fixed and now it is ready for some real action!

http://maps.digitalpaint.therisenrealm.com/map/forgotten_caverns/

Enjoy!

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
Re: New Map: Forgotten Caverns !!FINAL RELEASE!!
« Reply #51 on: March 26, 2011, 11:58:01 PM »
Anybody grab this before therisenrealm went down?

Protip: Attach files to the forums, so at least they'll be around as long as the forums are here.

Chef-Killer

• Autococker