Author Topic: What to do after being Banned  (Read 6407 times)

Justinph5

• Autococker
What to do after being Banned
« on: February 04, 2009, 12:42:55 PM »
If you created multiple accounts, all you can do is wait, and find out which account you will be using from now on.

If you are banned for hacking, speedcheating, modified content (basically anything else) then do the following:

1. Uninstall/Delete the program, if any, that you downloaded to cheat.
2. Uninstall and delete any Paintball2 related folders from your computer. (even your personal config's, etc.)
3. When you are able to play again, download the current version of Paintball 2.

If you hack with any methods, there are possibilities that the hack changed your Paintball 2 files. If you try to play after your ban, and the hacked files are still there, there is a possibility that you will be banned for the same thing. The only safe way to make sure you are not banned again is to get rid of any files related to Paintball 2 on your computer, then do a clean reinstall of PB2

It is not the committee's responsibility to figure out if you didn't mean to have old hack files on your computer or not. It is your responsibility to make sure that you don't have any old hacks.

Jitspoe: One addition:  With the new policy I have in place, you need to send any modified files or cheats to me before deleting them, as well as tell me where you got them.  If you don't, your ban time will be doubled.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2009, 02:05:04 PM by Justinph5 »

Justinph5

• Autococker
Re: What to do after being Banned
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2009, 12:44:10 PM »
^^ with this I figured people can't complain if they get banned for having old files on their computer. Didn't know where to post it tho. Any additions?

KnacK

• Global Moderator
  • Autococker
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2009, 07:59:56 PM »
You want to contribute in a serious fashion to this thread, then do so.

Make a post like that that does not contribute and I will continue to remove it.  Justin is trying to get a serious post together here.

flip

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2009, 11:46:57 AM »
If you get caught I would just quit. No one is going to take you seriously after that anyways.

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2009, 12:33:14 PM »
One addition:  With the new policy I have in place, you need to send any modified files or cheats to me before deleting them, as well as tell me where you got them.  If you don't, your ban time will be doubled.

KnacK

• Global Moderator
  • Autococker
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2009, 12:47:19 PM »
*grumble grumble grumble*

if hacker=true
then
move hacker /dev/null
end

flip

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2009, 01:49:30 PM »
That would be funny.... Delete hackers gls account. Ban him from joining any clan for about 6 months.

Fixed
« Last Edit: March 30, 2009, 04:19:27 PM by KnacK »

Zorchenhimer

• Autococker
« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2009, 09:46:14 AM »
That would be funny.... Delete hackers gls account. Ban him from joining any clan for about 6 months.

Fixed

+1

XD

PGPSandman

• Stingray
« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2011, 08:24:33 PM »
Word of advice to those who hack and get banned ... DON'T go play real paintball with that attitude as they dont ban there they just beat the livin *** out of you and break your gear and send you home. (Hacking real PB means adjusting FPS while in a match after a legit chrono .. nothing worse than a raspberry from 320 FPS hit at 15 feet .. except that persons foot up your rear right after)

Bottom line, if you need total control of a situation and want to be GOD, go play SIMS!

oneeyedwilly

• PGP
« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2011, 09:59:55 PM »
what if u get banned for doing nothing wrong? im on the same ip as someone who got banned cause we live in the same house and it shows me as a global ban!!!!! jits , u need to fix this game for the cheaters and not someone whos been here forever and never did a freak wrong.  being a manager , u can run this better than u are. there are several fixes for the cheaters in this game and all we do is fix bugs. i know u got computor skills , u need to apply them. for all u old school players out there, i would apreciate a "amen"......and i quess i'll sit here and do notta , for doing nothing.what a f#$#$$ game.