Author Topic: Feature: "Timeout cmd"  (Read 3902 times)

Kaos

• VM-68
Feature: "Timeout cmd"
« on: February 05, 2009, 04:20:17 PM »
I was thinking that we should have a /timeout cmd for match mode so that clans could do a /timeout if a member lagged out or they need to sub some1 in or out

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
Re: Feature: "Timeout cmd"
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2009, 04:15:21 PM »
Sounds like you're asking for a pause feature.  "Timeout" typically a term used for a connection that hasn't responded for a long time.  How do you suggest this be implemented so that it won't be abused?

KI3S

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2009, 05:03:55 PM »
Maybe in a match you can set it to add a "timeout" option. Say each team is given 1 or 2 timeouts where if one of their members laggs out or goes idle, the team can call a timeout and either sub them or wait for that person to disconnect/go idle. And while this is happening the time on the match is stopped. Say maybe each timeout is 3 minutes. Giving a person who was away from keyboard, they would go idle.

Maybe when you type the login to the server theres a section where you can call a timeout. Only thing would be abuse of it during a match.

Cameron

• Global Moderator
  • Autococker
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2009, 03:00:42 AM »
The thing is, if it can only be used once or twice, if someone doesn't lag out they can still use it and abuse it.  Any limitation on how many you have, it will still be abused.

fasian

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2009, 05:46:15 AM »
not a really good idea, if someone was going to cap and you call timeout that wont be fair on the other team.

KI3S

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2009, 06:11:51 AM »
not a really good idea, if someone was going to cap and you call timeout that wont be fair on the other team.

It would have to be an option that can only be performed at the end of a round, I guess.

The thing is, if it can only be used once or twice, if someone doesn't lag out they can still use it and abuse it.  Any limitation on how many you have, it will still be abused.

I think 1 timeout would be sufficient, not causing abuse if it can only be called at the end of a round.

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2009, 11:19:11 AM »
Being able to call a time out only at the end of the round may not be good, either.  If a player is lagged out, and the other team is just doing flag runs on him, you'd want to be able to call the time out and swap somebody in.

Anyway, I've got a vote up for it: http://dplogin.com/dplogin/featurevote/feature.php?id=10190

If there's enough interest, we'll see if we can come up with some way to implement it that won't be abused.

KI3S

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2009, 06:27:23 PM »
Thank ya :P

Kaos

• VM-68
« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2009, 11:54:32 AM »
This could be added with a so called /captin feature where 1 person does /captin and is only allowed to do /timeout.

example: Halfway through a round clan mate of mine times out. There for i see he did and do a /timeout which says blue team called timeout at end of round when round is done theirs time out on

another example: Would be if i my team wanted to sub 1 in or out do in between rounds i call a /timeout during the 5 second amount during rounds

i_am_a_pirate

• Autococker
« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2009, 10:27:13 AM »
yes, but if the player is inactive, then (like jits said) the other team would just keep capping until he disconnects, and probably win the match because of it. Plus, when people are subbing, it usually gets sorted out before the round begins, and, if not, they don't usually play as if it's a 5v4, usually, one of the 5 just stays idle and lets the other team kill him

-1...when i get round to it.