Author Topic: Request: Allow Players to Hold Live Smoke Grenades  (Read 4030 times)

mewa

• 68 Carbine
Request: Allow Players to Hold Live Smoke Grenades
« on: February 09, 2009, 06:28:07 PM »
I've been thinking of the huge potential gains of allowing players to carry live smokers. That is, a player could pick up a smoker, ignite it, and continue to carry it. The benefits are vast, ranging from humorous to exquisite ninja like abilities. I'd think if you were skilled enough, and the enemy wasn't focusing on you, you'd stand a chance to creep right by them behind a smoker. By far the best past would be watching a blob of smoke stroll by with a nobber inside of it thinking he was being stealthy.

Vote Yes for an easy implementation with vast payback.

Thank You,
mewa.rules

skitzo

• Autococker
Re: Revolutionary Idea
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2009, 06:30:25 PM »
that could be useful for both strategy and some funny demos, i'm voting for it. +1

Justinph5

• Autococker
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2009, 06:46:02 PM »
so its basically being able to prime and ignite a smoke nade and hold onto it?

If so I see nothing wrong with the idea. The player carrying it would be in smoke, so they couldn't see. No advantage there. I don't see it being useful in a match, but it would be funny.

KnacK

• Global Moderator
  • Autococker
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2009, 07:16:44 PM »
Currently, as the engine is, you can only hold one item.

Too bad though as it would make gameplay a bit more interesting if used correctly.

mewa

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2009, 07:20:51 PM »
As I've stated before, I'm not at all knowledgeble about coding, but maybe you can explain a bit to me.

Why would it be hard to allow the smoker to be active in the hand?

You say, "as the engine is", what does this entail? Would it require some kind of overhaul to allow for this? I just imagined it would be the change of a handful of variables. I guess it's never that simple.

KnacK

• Global Moderator
  • Autococker
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2009, 07:23:58 PM »
Yes you are correct.  An engine modification would be required. I just have no idea how much work that would entail.

lilb990

• Autococker
« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2009, 07:41:19 PM »
That would be something jitspoe would have doing over the summer! woot! although that would be pretty cool if like in a year or 2 (if jitspoe actually starts working on this) to have the feature of it. I also vote +1 for it.

RoBbIe

• Autococker
« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2009, 07:13:24 AM »
+1 so the stupid people that actually try to use this. when trying to be stealthy. but actually giving away there spot. so i can just shoot in the mid of the smoke where is comng from and kill them. also would make a awesome killcam HINT HINT (kill cams cmon should be first on the list of features being made by now)

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2009, 12:46:12 PM »
Not sure if this is a serious request or not, but I went ahead and made a feature vote for it anyway: http://dplogin.com/dplogin/featurevote/feature.php?id=10191

In the future, please use descriptive subject names.

mewa

• 68 Carbine
Re: Request: Allow Players to Hold Live Smoke Grenades
« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2009, 05:44:21 PM »
very serious.

In the future, please consider my meak marketing budget.

Bix

• Autococker
Re: Request: Allow Players to Hold Live Smoke Grenades
« Reply #10 on: February 19, 2009, 10:37:43 PM »
lol. Just saw a 3v3 with all smoke blobs.