Posted by: KnacK
Quote from: jitspoe on March 07, 2006, 08:29:02 PM
- Always post a demo. Click on "Additional Options..." to get the attachment options. DM2 files must be zipped before attaching.
- Name your demo something descriptive, like "playername_speedcheat.dm2", instead of "hax.dm2" or "cheater.dm2".
- Report the time that the demo was recorded and the server it was recorded on.
- Record the demo in first person (in-eyes chasecam) if you suspect somebody of wallhacking.
- Make the demo(s) sufficiently long enough that we're able to distinguish between blind luck or lag and actual cheating.
- Try not to make the suspect aware that he is being recorded, as it may prompt him to behave differently or disable cheats if he's using them.
- While recording, type "players" at the console. If you're an admin, type "listuserip" as well.