Author Topic: Multi account Aveiro, youtube  (Read 38293 times)

Legendz

• 68 Carbine
Re: Multi account Aveiro, youtube
« Reply #40 on: August 05, 2013, 02:49:43 PM »

Aveiro

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #41 on: August 05, 2013, 02:52:34 PM »

luckmore

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #42 on: August 05, 2013, 02:57:31 PM »
As I am speaking for all from .iNte., we are refusing to play anymore, because we do not see any point of continuing in this game since the creator of the game is banning best players in the game only because they make their game visually nice. If you think the textures are inappropriate, you should message him before you ban him. From your behavior we deduce you want to grief the matchscene, so we do not want to see how Digital Paint : Paintball 2 is dying under your hands.

same for us

Morphin

• VM-68
« Reply #43 on: August 05, 2013, 03:00:26 PM »
Just make the mappack official and i agree with this ban. But dont do it like that.

All people, writing here that this ban is good, are just sitting on irc or on that forum. Please shut up.

Clipz

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #44 on: August 05, 2013, 03:03:15 PM »
Jitspoe should just make it so you cant edit your texture folders... would solve every problem on this subject.

I once used the Selda pack and didn't know it wasn't legal. Once I found out I returned to the old ones.

In all honesty I think 256 was a bit on the harsh side. The only thing that sucks is that he got in trouble for this before, I honestly think something around a 32-64 day ban would of been more appropriate.

I'm not taking either side, Yes I agree some small ban should of been implied but 256 to me is just a bit harsh for changing textures, make it so you cant edit them.

It does give you a small advantage to see better but you still need to know how to aim.

Changing texture bans should be the same as multiple accounts with the smaller bans. Wallhacks and Aimbots should have tougher bans then textures.

Personally I'd like to see this reduced to 64 days (At most). He is a skilled player and the match scene is back around with multiple people coming back this week including myself.

luckmore

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #45 on: August 05, 2013, 03:04:25 PM »
he should make it like quake live

Beppo

• Stingray
« Reply #46 on: August 05, 2013, 03:10:40 PM »
pick sunmans texture pack as the official one and there will be much less sentences like: game sux bcuz of the graphics- problem solved.

Aveiro

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #47 on: August 05, 2013, 04:18:55 PM »
pick sunmans texture pack as the official one and there will be much less sentences like: game sux bcuz of the graphics- problem solved.

There are a lot of packs, which are visual better than official, not only Sunmans. I played with official textures since I got unban, but when I started playing a lot again, I asked some people to send me their texutures.

Smacker

• Stingray
« Reply #48 on: August 05, 2013, 04:40:29 PM »

MyeRs

• Autococker
« Reply #49 on: August 05, 2013, 04:42:54 PM »
Honestly, this is a very silly ban.

Yeah, I'm 100% aware these textures have been noted as illegal, and people using them should get banned. The light barrels were noted as this.

So whats the problem?

There has NEVER been an official post saying these textures are illegal. In fact, many people use those barrels still. The only people who know are those who are regulars on forums (cause it's been said in a few threads) - or those who have msg'd Jitspoe about it. But, there has NEVER been any official post about it. He should have gotten a MSG saying: "If  you continue using those barrel textures, you will be banned" -- Not just a ban as there's no OFFICIAL texture pack, and theres no OFFICIAL statement that these textures are bannable.

You can say textures that give an advantage are bannable - but in my opinion those baby coloured barrels don't give an advantage in the slightest. When everyone was using them, I always had the rusty barrels as I found them to give the most advantage while looking nicest.

TL;DR - Until there's an official texture pack or official list of bannable textures there should not be texture bans unless it is BLATANT BEYOND ARGUMENT. This is one of the more stupid bans I have seen. Shouldn't be a ban, wasting time that could have been better spent when a simple PM warning would suffice.

BUT GREAT STORY LINE - Those who don't actively follow forums to see little posts of: "you should change your barrels" - are screwed over because Jitspoe rather ban them then making a list of textures that are known to be bannable - or finishing his texture pack.

EDIT: The Ladder thread - him not wanting to use your textures doesn't mean he wouldn't change them to another legal pack. Not many people in the community like Jitspoes textures - and until he makes them OFFICIAL, there's no incentive to use them when better packs are around.

rockitude

• Committee Member
  • 68 Carbine
« Reply #50 on: August 05, 2013, 04:49:33 PM »
I think you dont like this game anymore, or you just dont like losing. If Jitspoe should ban everyone with non-official textures this game would be dead. Half of players dont use them. Many players wrote me today and said that official textures looks bad, so they use different too. Ask people which pack they like more, if for example Sunman's or Official hr4, 90% will like sunmans more. But it's just my opinion.

If these textures are unfair so why can everyone change them for another? Nevermind, let's see how matchscene will continue.

When others take this as a warning this game won't be dead and a bit more fair too, but ok. I support the idea of making the texture files unwritable.

Thanks for the movie, it shows how bright the other textures are and that they give you a big advantage.

Chalk

• VM-68
« Reply #51 on: August 05, 2013, 04:53:02 PM »
^^ I'm sure jitspoe will warn people who aren't aware/ don't follow the forums regularly.

http://img18.imageshack.us/img18/1144/y6fr.jpg

How many times does he have to say those barrels aren't legal? lol..

Smacker

• Stingray
« Reply #52 on: August 05, 2013, 04:55:09 PM »
^^ I'm sure jitspoe will warn people who aren't aware/ don't follow the forums regularly.

http://img18.imageshack.us/img18/1144/y6fr.jpg

So you have to watch every ban, every posti and go trough comments to finally find that jistpoe somewhere said they are illegal?

Aveiro

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #53 on: August 05, 2013, 04:55:36 PM »

Actually, I never asked if these barrels are legal or not. So how should i know that? I didnt find any list of ilegal textures

Beppo

• Stingray
« Reply #54 on: August 05, 2013, 04:57:19 PM »

When others take this as a warning this game won't be dead and a bit more fair too, but ok. I support the idea of making the texture files unwritable.

Thanks for the movie, it shows how bright the other textures are and that they give you a big advantage.

if you would use the bright textures you would be obviously the best player in this game. ur skill + the big advantage... just unstoppable
r u dumb? do you rly think this textures give a big advantage? this game depends 99% on skill imo, not on textures.

What about players which r not reading the forum, how can they know which textures they are allowed to use and which not?

JMR

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #55 on: August 05, 2013, 05:03:21 PM »
So you have to watch every ban, every posti and go trough comments to finally find that jistpoe somewhere said they are illegal?

I think the point is, you know they aren't legal, jitspoe knew that you knew.
However, I agree that there is a lack of guidance as to what textures are allowed and what textures are not, but surely you can see what gives an advantage! Nevertheless jitspoe needs to make a 'rules' page of some sort.

I don't think 256 days is reasonable at all. All that needs to happen is for avi to change his textures and a little 16 day ban just to make it clear that these textures are not allowed.
I personally as a mapper find the custom textures very ugly, brick for rock, plain white for rust... really. I understand personal preference and all that but I think the mapping committee should decide what textures are allowed etc. Chef-killer terrorist etc know what textures fit to the exact style as the official ones, then approve packs that are made if they meet the standard.

No packs should be then allowed until approved by a member of the mapping committee.

Chalk

• VM-68
« Reply #56 on: August 05, 2013, 05:06:20 PM »
Actually, I never asked if these barrels are legal or not. So how should i know that? I didnt find any list of ilegal textures

Next time try to have a civil discussion when someone tells you the textures aren't legal rather than, " IM NOT USING YOUR UGLY TEXTURES HURRDURURUT GAME IS UGLY". I'm sure it would've ended differently..

aSla

• PGP
« Reply #57 on: August 05, 2013, 05:08:25 PM »
... cfs is reasonable

MyeRs

• Autococker
« Reply #58 on: August 05, 2013, 05:09:05 PM »
WANT TO ADD:

Guess you won't play.  You're banned now.  I can't see any reason to use the textures you have over the official ones other than to gain an advantage, and you're fully aware that unfair textures are a bannable offense.

Direct any further discussions about this here: http://dplogin.com/forums/index.php?topic=16266

Carry on with the ladder.

Pathetic as intercourse response Jitspoe. "YOU WONT USE MY TEXTURES, ENJOY THE BAN!" -- Yeah, he wont use YOUR textures that aren't mandatory, so you ban him? That was your logic? He didn't say: "I wont change mine" - he said "I wont use yours" -- Go look at 90% of the posts from Europeans in your texture thread, most of them say they hate your textures/wont use them. THATS WHY ITS A WORK IN PROGRESS. More people use OTB's and Selda's and Sunman's  then yours. He changed his barrels once Clipz commented, and you banned him cause he said he wont switch to yours. You run this game really well sir. I think I've got a new idea for "how to improve the game" -- Make set rules, make clear rules. Those textures were once legal, and other than posts in a few threads have never been put in an official spot to say not legal, nor has using your textures ever been mandatory. Well played Jitspoe! Well played!

MyeRs

• Autococker
« Reply #59 on: August 05, 2013, 05:18:21 PM »
POSTING TWICE CAUSE I DONT WANNA EDIT MY POST:

To those saying: "he knew better!!"

Are you all stupid? He openly POSTED his screenshots on forums of his wins, he didn't try to hide them by getting his teammates to post. He didn't change textures for screenshots. Do you TRULY believe he knew these textures were illegal? Really? He purposely posted illegal textures on forums? Think a bit people.

Him not wanting to use Jitspoes textures doesn't mean he knew his were illegal. It shows these textures may be illegal, but only active forum users realize this. Those who don't use forums get banned for using a texture that everyone used to use, and they were never informed they're illegal. Come on Jitspoe, you're smarter than that. Seemed like you got fed up quickly for some reason and rushed into a ban. Hopefully you're not stubborn about it and reverse it. Then make a POST about illegal textures, OR finish your pack.