Author Topic: Cheater Ban Times Doubled Unless You Provide Info  (Read 16434 times)

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
Cheater Ban Times Doubled Unless You Provide Info
« on: March 03, 2009, 11:50:21 AM »
I've decided to make a slight change in the way ban times work for cheaters.  This has been done in the past with a few select people, but I might as well make it standard.  You must be willing to provide some or all of the following:
- Demos of matches in question.
- All of the cheats you've used (don't send these to anybody but me, obviously, or put them on public download sites - cheat distribution has a stiff penalty)
- Any other files requested (textures, etc.)
- Who/where you got the cheats from.

Failure to do so will result in a doubled ban time (currently, a first time offense will result in a 64 day ban unless the info requested is provided).  As always, ban times are subject to change.  Also, don't lie.  I log a lot of information and can usually verify the information given.

lilb990

• Autococker
Re: Cheater Ban Times Doubled Unless You Provide Info
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2009, 05:02:59 PM »
Was this shall i say "put into effect" because of what KIES posted in increasing ban time?

coLa

• Autococker
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2009, 05:22:33 PM »
Sounds good to me. Time to bring down everyone associated with cheats/distribution.

Cameron

• Global Moderator
  • Autococker
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2009, 05:55:54 PM »
Finally....

* Cameron is happier now.

Rewind

• VM-68
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2009, 07:46:23 PM »
The increased ban time for not giving your source of cheats should definitely help.

KI3S

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2009, 10:53:48 PM »

- Who/where you got the cheats from.

If people actually were required to share who/where they got their hacks from, I believe it would tremendously help. Hip Hip Hurray to Jits :]]]

Bix

• Autococker
« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2009, 12:02:50 AM »
I have a question. What is going to be the point of reporting people after we lay down the modified map list...Detection will pick up everything (but ratbots? I think this is actually detectable). Therefore it is pointless to report people. We have already seen that ratbots are not viable in most cases.

Zorchenhimer

• Autococker
« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2009, 01:19:00 AM »
I've decided to make a slight change in the way ban times work for cheaters. 

Horray!

Re

• VM-68
« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2009, 06:18:32 AM »
I have a question. What is going to be the point of reporting people after we lay down the modified map list...Detection will pick up everything (but ratbots? I think this is actually detectable). Therefore it is pointless to report people. We have already seen that ratbots are not viable in most cases.

I remember some Quake2 mods had ratbot protection. I wasn't involved much with servers and such back then so I have no idea how it was deployed on the server.

m7feettall

• Autococker
« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2009, 12:28:50 PM »

Currently that may be the case, but since new variants could always come around forcing folks to give the cheat over could help with future detection or help Jits see the trends in how developers are trying to modify the hacks in the hopes it will be undetectable, etc.

And the ratbot example is a good one for forcing demos.

By the way, you mention the modified map list, which I assume is a list of cheaters who have been detected using modified maps. Is there actually such a list confirmed by Jits or the committee, or is this an assumption based on the fact that Cuso was caught?

Justinph5

• Autococker
« Reply #10 on: March 04, 2009, 01:32:19 PM »
you can always look at it this way. You will get a 64 day ban. If you come clean and give us the info before you are caught, the time will be cut in half to 32. This of course is to all of the modified map hackers, since your time is limited, come out now or be prepared :X

m7feettall

• Autococker
« Reply #11 on: March 04, 2009, 01:35:49 PM »
you can always look at it this way. You will get a 64 day ban. If you come clean and give us the info before you are caught, the time will be cut in half to 32. This of course is to all of the modified map hackers, since your time is limited, come out now or be prepared :X

That is at least one committee member who believes in the list.

Cameron

• Global Moderator
  • Autococker
« Reply #12 on: March 04, 2009, 02:08:02 PM »
That is at least one committee member who believes in the list.

I do :).

KI3S

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #13 on: March 04, 2009, 05:14:56 PM »
Was this shall i say "put into effect" because of what KIES posted in increasing ban time?

:]

sean123

• VM-68
« Reply #14 on: March 06, 2009, 01:16:08 PM »
yes make ban time more so they might not want to hack

SKEET

• VM-68
« Reply #15 on: March 14, 2009, 08:23:25 AM »

This will enable the comitte to find and bring down distributers of hacks even faster. If this sounds like a bad idea to you then there is something wrong with you.

aerobnizy

• PGP
« Reply #16 on: March 16, 2009, 06:38:10 AM »
All who cheat, can he get automatic ban?

vLaD

• Autococker
« Reply #17 on: March 17, 2009, 05:21:56 PM »
ratbot is detectable

i_am_a_pirate

• Autococker
« Reply #18 on: April 05, 2009, 02:18:05 PM »
yes make ban time more so they might not want to hack
He already has

All who cheat, can he get automatic ban?
firstly, it could be a she ;) and secondly, yes.

I think it's brilliant that people are getting punished properly for cheats! I'm presuming this doesn't apply to multi-accounts as some people just simply are n00bs and will just ignore the rules/forget them.

KI3S

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #19 on: April 05, 2009, 03:16:38 PM »
I'm presuming this doesn't apply to multi-accounts as some people just simply are n00bs and will just ignore the rules/forget them.

It doesn't