Author Topic: Digital Paintball ² part of the ESL? The dream will come true  (Read 15673 times)

Clipz

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
Re: Digital Paintball ² part of the ESL? The dream will come true
« Reply #40 on: April 07, 2009, 02:35:20 PM »
Thanks haha. I don't mean it offensive just for laughs.

s0ul0

• Stingray
« Reply #41 on: April 10, 2009, 09:51:52 AM »
some ideas,

it would be cool if when requesting a match server, you could pre-select the maps in the IRC command, which would automatically update the maplist of the private server, temporarly (3 maps total). maybe a few servers could be configured like this, not all, if this ESL league thing actually happens..

or another cool idea would be to make the serverbot a little more complicated, so that when you type !match say in #er33t-gaming, the match server bot would PM you asking further details of the match (#ofplayers, maps, etc..) and then configuring the server with the details/maps you selected.

heres an example:

Now talking in #er33t-gaming

<s0ul0> !match

**match|bot pm's s0ul0**
<Match|Bot> What is your clan tag?
<s0ul0> [mili]
<Match|Bot> How many players?
<s0ul0> 4
<Match|Bot> What maps? ***the maps would be decided upon pre-match by both clans, including tie***
<s0ul0> pbcup_pforest kalbeach rebirth_b2
<Match|Bot> OK, your match code is 3ad8dcn3

**then you get the clan your matching to PM (/msg) or /notice the bot with the match code**

/notice Match|Bot 3ad8dcn3

**after my opponent messages the match bot with the match code, the bot will reply to him with the maps/details the initiator (me) selected, then ask my opponent if he accepts the match.

<Match|Bot> what is your clan tag?
<bix> [3iob]
<Match|Bot> confirmed [3iob] vs [mili] 4vs4 match. maps: pbcup_pforest, kalbeach, and rebirth_b2 for tie. Do you accept this match? YES/NO?
<bix> yes

after the challenged user types "yes", the bot will PM both users (will most likely be the leaders of each clan), telling them what color they are and the server ip/password.

**most likely login wont be needed for these type of servers as the server would automatically put the maps in order**

<Match|Bot> bix has accepted the details, s0ul0. Your team is RED. Please make your way to the server: 64.231.24.61:27910 - the password is: dingleberry.

after this messaged is received, the
now i give my team the info and connect to the server.

***after the match is completed, the server will save the details like score and such in some type of text file or auto upload it to a web server somewhere, which the admins can use to update the ladder records or whatever.***

IMO this will provide dp with a more sophisticated matching experience, and could possibly attract a more competitive crowd and bring this game back 'from the dead' so to speak. and will eliminate the need of keeping your clans record in the mirc channel topic. though you could still keep your irc records for 'scrim' purposes...

cool idea for a match script but it sounds really complicated to do, what you guys think?

or maybe someone can post a less-complicated way to accomplish this... a way for the server to record match outcomes, that way you dont gotta deal with admins as far as adding wins/losses go, the server does it for you.

thoughts? ^^

s0ul0

• Stingray
« Reply #42 on: April 12, 2009, 02:54:35 AM »
ok but i have two question.

if say somehow you manage to acquire enough admins that are willing to spend time daily going over demos for this(as i am assuming that some clans will delay or not report losses), then is there a way for you to gather information from the server the match was played on to determine if either team posts falsely dated demos.(though the whole team would have to do this to get away with it...lol).

this would be effective at determining which team is lying.

also, can a team challenge another team while they have an outstanding match with someone not yet reported by either team?

just admit it, my idea sounds better... with the automatic bot guy setting up all the matches and recording his
log, then someone could make their own ladder site and just import a couple data files ^^ or enter some values into a form which displays the results for the user on the standings page with details of the  match... boom dp has its own ladder, doesn't have to answer to these ESL guys. i dont even know html but im pretty sure its not that hard to do, i could probably learn the language and code it all myself in a month ^^

ok anyway it was good to dream for a moment.

Justinph5

• Autococker
« Reply #43 on: April 12, 2009, 08:20:43 AM »
i dont even know html but im pretty sure its not that hard to do, i could probably learn the language and code it all myself in a month ^^
there you go, if you could code it all in a month, then go ahead and do it if you think its the only successful way.

as for the ESL, sure, I can count many ways to fake the matches, but who cares, if it just means more clan matches.

KnightOfCydonia

• PGP
« Reply #44 on: April 19, 2009, 07:05:47 PM »
if the ESL still needs a banner, then i've made one -

sohan

• PGP
« Reply #45 on: April 19, 2009, 07:10:08 PM »
Good Job :p

sohan

• PGP
« Reply #46 on: April 19, 2009, 07:20:52 PM »

Simplistic approach :D

magalhaes

• Autococker
« Reply #47 on: April 19, 2009, 07:34:40 PM »
if the ESL still needs a banner, then i've made one -

Nice. Those missing textures actually look good there :D

Fuzz Ball

• VM-68
« Reply #48 on: April 19, 2009, 10:02:25 PM »
That DP2 Banner is awesome. You really got the textures right. :)

sohan

• PGP
« Reply #49 on: April 19, 2009, 10:16:02 PM »
Yeah he did all the work, and i touched it up after giving up on mine  :P

I hope we use his design, looks bloody cool.

T3RR0R15T

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #50 on: April 20, 2009, 07:42:17 AM »
- The other esl headers are in the format 970 x 166. Here is an example: http://eslstatic.net/skins/v2009_blue/sectiongfx/css.jpg

- The name of this game is "Digital Paint: Paintball 2", not "Digital Paintball 2" !!

T3RR0R15T

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #52 on: April 20, 2009, 01:26:52 PM »
It works for me.

zimtstern

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #53 on: April 21, 2009, 01:07:52 AM »
It works for me.

It don`t works for me, neither... but i can see it now.
I like the banner from KnightOfCydonia much more:D (Add the correct name and get the textures)

hauke

• VM-68
« Reply #54 on: April 21, 2009, 02:25:02 AM »
It don`t works for me, neither... but i can see it now.
I like the banner from KnightOfCydonia much more:D (Add the correct name and get the textures)

itl be still in the wrong format :P

zimtstern

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #55 on: April 21, 2009, 02:50:03 AM »
itl be still in the wrong format :P

He s fixing it right now im sure:)

ic3y

• Committee Member
  • Autococker

psychoaut