Author Topic: Modifying and Distributing Maps: Rick  (Read 25828 times)

KI3S

• 68 Carbine
Re: Modifying and Distributing Maps: Rick
« Reply #20 on: March 25, 2009, 06:50:50 PM »
I find it absolutely ridiculous that Cusoman, the guy who TOLD RICK HOW to modify maps, modified them himself, used them, AND distributed them, gets a mere slap on the wrist with a 2 month ban while Rick gets forced over and has 19757435 detectives shoved in his ass with a 3 YEAR ban.  Where's the fairness in that?  Maybe he did HEAR from Madman how to do it, but never knew HOW until Cusoman told him how...?

About Mayhem's ban, you're saying that if Rick had asked to be banned for a cool number of days, it would have been done for him?  He told me he thought it would be SUPER UBER LEET COOLNESS if he got 123 days.  Anyway, the difference is, none of those guys who got the massive ban times even WANTED to play DP2 anymore.  Rick, on the other hand, actually does want to play.  According to him, the only reason he did all of this with his maps was because he thought he was going to leave the game, but after he began to hack, he decided that he really wanted to play again and stopped, which was about 3 months ago.

In my opinion, Rick should get a break on this one.  He does deserve to be banned, but not for 3 years...

Anyways, just my 2 cents.
(<3 Rick)

-SuKO-RU

Cusoman's ban time was not voted on by the committee. Oh, and no one gets a break. Period.

cusoman

• Autococker
« Reply #21 on: March 25, 2009, 06:54:58 PM »
Then there is still the best part where cusoman told Rick nothing?

Seriously how is it that with all the loads of modified map users to choose from, I get picked out as GUY WHO TAUGHTZORZZZZZZ.

Back on topic: I think Rick should have reduced days because he was actually a positive force in the community for long before, and a good deal after he hacked. Does his past record of clear headed decisions for this game's committee hold no merit?

-Cusoman

Spook

• Autococker
« Reply #22 on: March 25, 2009, 06:58:34 PM »
No. He hacked and distributed, therefore he fails.

RoBbIe

• Autococker
« Reply #23 on: March 25, 2009, 07:28:21 PM »
Rick think about this
"When one door closes another one opens; but we so often look so long and so regretfully upon the closed door, that we do not see the ones which open for us."
Alexander Graham Bell

Which by what i mean you have some free time go do something great not sure if it is for dp. but dont set around and whine about you getting banned do something to change it.

m7feettall

• Autococker
« Reply #24 on: March 25, 2009, 07:58:33 PM »
The committee never got a chance to vote on Cusoman's ban.  Also, you did not get 1.5 years more for being on the committee.  As I already said you got the ban you deserved by the standards that have been set.  I said in the committee forum that I wanted to give you a higher ban than 1024 because you were on the committee, but unfortunately 1024 was the highest :(

By all means Jits let them vote. The inequity could be fixed by increasing Cuso's ban.

Rick, I am sorry you will be gone from the game. You were always friendly to us in InT. But I think the penalty is fair. Hacking has no place in the game. Hopefully others can realize this before paying with a long ban.

Bix

• Autococker
« Reply #25 on: March 25, 2009, 08:26:48 PM »
Hopefully Cuso's ban time gets looked over again. When Cuso's case is compared to Rick's we see no equality.

Rick

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #26 on: March 25, 2009, 10:42:26 PM »
Then there is still the best part where cusoman told Rick nothing?

Seriously how is it that with all the loads of modified map users to choose from, I get picked out as GUY WHO TAUGHTZORZZZZZZ.

Back on topic: I think Rick should have reduced days because he was actually a positive force in the community for long before, and a good deal after he hacked. Does his past record of clear headed decisions for this game's committee hold no merit?

-Cusoman

Robbie, I don't care if i get banned from this game, I just care about the difference is ban times, Mayhem 666 and me 1024.

I agree with my ban time, just shouldn't it be done with everyone else to?

So theres no similarities between the cases Bix?

Once again, I'm not trying to get my ban reduced, i deserve it, but it's not just me who deserves it.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2009, 09:25:50 PM by Rick »

Bix

• Autococker
« Reply #27 on: March 25, 2009, 10:49:57 PM »
I meant the crimes are similar, but the ban times are at opposites.

Rick

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #28 on: March 25, 2009, 10:53:53 PM »
I meant the crimes are similar, but the ban times are at opposites.

My bad.

fasian

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #29 on: March 26, 2009, 05:19:06 AM »
o god Rick. 1024 days...seriously...?

anson

• PGP
« Reply #30 on: March 26, 2009, 07:03:35 AM »
i think the vote is biased. the commite members r juz unfair.

Bix

• Autococker
« Reply #31 on: March 26, 2009, 07:43:44 AM »
i think the vote is biased. the commite members r juz unfair.

The committee voted the correct time in this situation. I believe people are mad over the fact Cuso's ban was never voted on, and he simply got a 64 day ban for similar actions.

eMo

• VM-68
« Reply #32 on: March 26, 2009, 09:59:14 AM »
I don't believe cusoman ever distributed actually.

MyeRs

• Autococker
« Reply #33 on: March 26, 2009, 10:11:45 AM »
Rick got caught cause he fessed up about it and everything. And gets 1024 days. What about in this case:

http://dplogin.com/forums/index.php?topic=14149.0

He fessed up and got 64 days? Both distribution... I know i'm probably missing something in all this, just wierd... Other distributers get less days than Rick for the same crime. Mayhem did wayyy more then Rick and got a lower ban, XaNeX distributed and got 64 days... Why isn't there a standard time for distributers? Please explain to me what the difference is.

lilb990

• Autococker
« Reply #34 on: March 26, 2009, 10:15:57 AM »
Rick's ban = bad. Like myers just posted the link to XaNeX's ban that was his FIRST offense with cheat distribution and gets 64 days...Rick's first offense he gets bombed with 3 years? and on top of that fessed up? There's got to be something wrong there.

coLa

• Autococker
« Reply #35 on: March 26, 2009, 10:22:02 AM »
Crying won't change ban times. It is what it is.

MyeRs

• Autococker
« Reply #36 on: March 26, 2009, 10:33:17 AM »
Nobody is crying. I'm just curious about why the ban times are completely different for the same offence. Going from 64 to 1024, both first offence distributers. Both gave themself in. Xanex gave it to 3 people, how many did Rick give it to?

S8NSSON

• Autococker
« Reply #37 on: March 26, 2009, 11:44:09 AM »
You are arguing for the sake of argument.
You are not going to change the ban times.
The only possible reason for you to even be concerned is if you are in Ricks place and are concerned with the ban time you may be about to recieve when you fess up.

KnacK

• Global Moderator
  • Autococker
« Reply #38 on: March 26, 2009, 11:54:45 AM »
You are arguing for the sake of argument.
You are not going to change the ban times.
The only possible reason for you to even be concerned is if you are in Ricks place and are concerned with the ban time you may be about to recieve when you fess up.

Exactly.

MyeRs

• Autococker
« Reply #39 on: March 26, 2009, 12:42:23 PM »
Uhm... I've already fessed up broski. I'm not concerned. I'm wondering a simple question budd. Why two people distributed, one of them gets 1024 days, and one gets 64.

It is completely unfair. I'm not saying reduce Rick's ban, or raise everyone else's. I just want to know the difference between the cases. So yeah, I do not find it equal to give various ban times for the same offence. Just my opinion.