Author Topic: Modifying and Distributing Maps: Rick  (Read 25827 times)

flip

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
Re: Modifying and Distributing Maps: Rick
« Reply #80 on: March 30, 2009, 11:51:03 AM »
Cool. I recently started drinking beer again after about a 7/8 year vacation. Needless to say I wasn't sure if I would get carried away in my state. Look at it as apologizing in advance.

coLa

• Autococker
« Reply #81 on: March 30, 2009, 01:38:20 PM »
I'd say at least give them a normal ban and if they evade hit them up with some perm action.

SKEET

• VM-68
« Reply #82 on: March 30, 2009, 04:26:20 PM »
Just think how many of the great players of dp would be banned if you guys had always permanently banned hackers.

skitzo

• Autococker
« Reply #83 on: March 30, 2009, 04:27:06 PM »
Just think how many of the great players of dp would be banned if you guys had always permanently banned hackers.

the entire active community

KnacK

• Global Moderator
  • Autococker
« Reply #84 on: March 30, 2009, 04:40:31 PM »

Sorry but that doesn't matter. Ban them all.

And skitzo, the entire active community does not ban.  Unless you have actual proof, I suggest you hush.

supermonkey

• PGP
« Reply #85 on: March 30, 2009, 04:47:33 PM »
I'd say at least give them a normal ban and if they evade hit them up with some perm action.
+1 or make it a warning kinda system where firs ban is a warning, 2nd ban is perm

skitzo

• Autococker
« Reply #86 on: March 30, 2009, 04:50:02 PM »
And skitzo, the entire active community does not ban.  Unless you have actual proof, I suggest you hush.

Pretty sure most of the active people that actually use IRC and such and match actively have admitted to modding content or hacking at least once in their DP career.

KnacK

• Global Moderator
  • Autococker
« Reply #87 on: March 30, 2009, 04:59:42 PM »
Pretty sure most of the active people that actually use IRC and such and match actively have admitted to modding content or hacking at least once in their DP career.

Proof please?

MyeRs

• Autococker
« Reply #88 on: March 30, 2009, 05:03:14 PM »
The expired bans. Plus the current bans. Plus the few not caught yet *impactz*. And the expired bans is only since like 06 or something isn't it? So there could be a few others to that. I think that's alot of the community.

magalhaes

• Autococker
« Reply #89 on: March 30, 2009, 05:04:16 PM »

Fortunately that's not true. I know many people in IRC who never hacked. But that doesn't really matter since the question should be: Would all these people hack if the bans were permanent?

skitzo

• Autococker
« Reply #90 on: March 30, 2009, 05:04:52 PM »
I really don't feel like going through the threads quoting everyone that has admitted, but I'll admit myself that i had a name and number on the back of my jerseys when i started out.

SKEET

• VM-68
« Reply #91 on: March 30, 2009, 06:21:59 PM »
I for one am proud to say that I have never hacked this game in anyway. For those saying everybody that uses mirc has hacked before idk wht u guys are talking about.

m7feettall

• Autococker
« Reply #92 on: March 30, 2009, 08:00:19 PM »
Fortunately that's not true. I know many people in IRC who never hacked. But that doesn't really matter since the question should be: Would all these people hack if the bans were permanent?

Exactly.

Fuzz Ball

• VM-68
« Reply #93 on: March 31, 2009, 04:04:32 AM »

Well it would certainly cut down... or people would find better ways to cover up their hacks.

flip

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #94 on: March 31, 2009, 09:07:12 AM »
I for one am proud to say that I have never hacked this game in anyway. For those saying everybody that uses mirc has hacked before idk wht u guys are talking about.

Thank you skeet. Not all of us in irc hack. A number of us are proud that we play as well as we do without having to mod content. I am not the greatest nor do I pretend to be but.....
Now I get to look back and remember all the "great" players that talked crap to all the new people starting out and laugh as they patiently wait for their ban to expire. laf.

the entire active community
Sorry. But this community will not die because the idiots are banned. If anything it will invite more players who are tired of the other games that are filled with hacks. If the "community" is dependent on hackers then what does that say about this game in general? I guess that is why there are certain people that stick together and have a good time playing pick up games amongst ourselves. Maybe we don't count as part of the community. Maybe more of the legit players will start showing up on the forums and in irc if you give them a reason to think that this community is more than a bunch of players using modded content.

I'm pretty sure I said this before but I will use an example here to drive this point home. If your dog started excrementting on your bedroom floor and you cleaned it up, let him out just to have him come back in 2 hours later and he immediatly excrements on your floor again. If this started to become a habit would you continue to tell him he is such a bad little puppy and let him out side again? Would you start beating his ass to drive the point home? What if you couldn't get him to stop no matter what you did? Would you just give up and let him excrement all over? Would you throw his ass out or send him to the shelter? In short if you continue to treat these wittle bitty puppies with a pat on the nose every time they excrement on OUR floor then they will continue to do it. I say send them to the shelter with a slit throat.

IronFist

• Autococker
« Reply #95 on: March 31, 2009, 08:00:40 PM »
If your dog started excrementting on your bedroom floor and you cleaned it up, let him out just to have him come back in 2 hours later and he immediatly excrements on your floor again. If this started to become a habit would you continue to tell him he is such a bad little puppy and let him out side again? Would you start beating his ass to drive the point home? What if you couldn't get him to stop no matter what you did? Would you just give up and let him excrement all over? Would you throw his ass out or send him to the shelter? In short if you continue to treat these wittle bitty puppies with a pat on the nose every time they excrement on OUR floor then they will continue to do it. I say send them to the shelter with a slit throat.