Author Topic: dp match rules?  (Read 6515 times)

AsThor

• Autococker
dp match rules?
« on: April 02, 2009, 01:08:05 PM »
because of the fact that jitspoe doesnt answer on my pm's i'm now writing this on the forums.
due to the fact that everyone puts up his own match rules how he wants them to be it'd be perfect to set up some match rules. i would love to set up some.
what do u think?
« Last Edit: April 02, 2009, 01:51:54 PM by AsThor »

magalhaes

• Autococker
Re: dp match rules?
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2009, 01:12:25 PM »
From time to time there's a thread like this. Some time ago PURE took the initiative and called the leaders of the top clans to discuss some guidelines for the matching scene. From what I could learn it didn't go well. Americans hate whatever euros organize.

On the other hand it would be pretty hard to get all clans to play by the same set of rules.

Viper

• Autococker
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2009, 01:31:43 PM »
Do we need match rules ?

Dont think so, because 95% of the dp matches are scrims, so nobody care about any rules.

Sometimes we need them, for examble cups oder ladders, but then the organziser will tell you his rules. 

AsThor

• Autococker
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2009, 01:36:51 PM »
but its always annoying to have those misunderstandings and arguements. rules would avoid that

vLaD

• Autococker
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2009, 01:56:39 PM »
rule #1 no beta maps allowed in matches.

AsThor

• Autococker
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2009, 02:23:07 PM »
as long as the beta has no bugs that could be used to "cheat" i dont see any problem in using them as a matchmap. but for now it has to be decided if there even will be any rules.

KnacK

• Global Moderator
  • Autococker
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2009, 03:00:45 PM »
THis is what I suggest:

If you want rules for *your* matches, make a new thread about geting input for match rules. 

Get the communities input.
Search the forums.
Stick to your guns when you play.

Eiii

• Autococker
« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2009, 07:58:45 PM »
Having static rules doesn't really accomplish anything until there's some form of match tracking involved. Until then, the rules can just be whatever the two teams decide upon.

James

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2009, 03:51:50 PM »
If you're asking jitspoe for matching rules, you're definitely asking the wrong person.

I can give you some need to know ones off the top of my head that has been the standard for the last 8 years.

- each team is allowed one restart per map and has to rejoin the color that was chosen for them. (If other team chose blue and you want to use your restart, they're still blue.)

- The other team gets to choose what color they want on the map you choose.

- Incase of tie both teams have to agree on a tie map and the color you were the map before is the color you'll be in tie map. (i.e. you go to tie and both agree on shazam22, if you were blue on the map before you'll be blue there.)

- The first team to reach 50 wins, so if someone has 2 flags and has 49 points while the other team caps for 52 points. The ending score would be 52 red 53 blue but red would still win for achieving 50 points before blue.

- If the match consists of a American vs. European team. The American team will play their map on the European server while the European team plays their map on an American server. The only way I've seen a tie map settled is one team chooses the tie map playing on the other teams server.

Those are pretty much the basics you need to know. I've never seen anyone mention not capping on a lagged player or dropping a player when someone else leaves to make the teams fair, but usually people do because it's common courtesy. Of course you don't have to abide by them, but usually people frown upon it.

Olbaid

• Autococker
« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2009, 06:35:35 PM »
Rule #12

Don't pick horrible maps constantly.

lilb990

• Autococker
« Reply #10 on: April 09, 2009, 10:04:42 PM »
Rule #12

Don't pick horrible maps constantly.

Yeah that just ruins the whole match and makes people feel like not playing.

magalhaes

• Autococker
« Reply #11 on: April 10, 2009, 04:09:23 AM »
This is a discussion that would always have to be held in IRC IMO. In here we would have to many posts of people who don't even know what we're talking about. It only affects the clan community so the clan community should discuss it.

s0ul0

• Stingray
« Reply #12 on: April 10, 2009, 10:13:54 AM »

- The first team to reach 50 wins, so if someone has 2 flags and has 49 points while the other team caps for 52 points. The ending score would be 52 red 53 blue but red would still win for achieving 50 points before blue.

you forgot to state that the red team caps for 52 points (you said the 'other team', then 'red' later... lol

anyway, i disagree with this rule, ive played in many matches where this situation has occurred and have experienced both sides of it. and everytime it happened, it didnt matter who caps first, whoever has more points wins, period (no one has ever disputed this in my presence). i think this type of situation makes the game that more strategic. and i also think that you must have had this happened to you on more than one occassion (capped your enemys flag not realising and having them beat you with possession points), then probably argued with them stating that your team capped first so you win... sorry bro, but you dont get to make it up as you go along..

Dirty_Taco

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
_
« Reply #13 on: April 12, 2009, 03:02:03 PM »
Post removed
« Last Edit: July 25, 2010, 11:52:13 PM by Dirty_Taco »

James

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #14 on: April 12, 2009, 04:20:01 PM »
you forgot to state that the red team caps for 52 points (you said the 'other team', then 'red' later... lol

anyway, i disagree with this rule, ive played in many matches where this situation has occurred and have experienced both sides of it. and everytime it happened, it didnt matter who caps first, whoever has more points wins, period (no one has ever disputed this in my presence). i think this type of situation makes the game that more strategic. and i also think that you must have had this happened to you on more than one occassion (capped your enemys flag not realising and having them beat you with possession points), then probably argued with them stating that your team capped first so you win... sorry bro, but you dont get to make it up as you go along..

Although I've played both ways. The object is to reach 50 points before the other team. If you get the 50 points while they're still holding flags, you're still going to have 50 points before they will even if they do have more points. Also, don't come off as the make it up as I go along. I've been more active in matching in this game more than you for the last 6 years with just one clan.

This is a discussion that would always have to be held in IRC IMO. In here we would have to many posts of people who don't even know what we're talking about. It only affects the clan community so the clan community should discuss it.

This right here is the perfect example of why the community is clueless. You guys spend all day trying to make the game better and when the only thing that will get people to play it you say "go to irc".

Justinph5

• Autococker
« Reply #15 on: April 12, 2009, 04:25:07 PM »
^ thats right, they got 50 points, they ended the match, any points after them ending a match shouldn't be counted.

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #16 on: April 13, 2009, 09:41:34 AM »
Whoever the game says wins, wins.  This is the first time I've heard any different.

KI3S

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #17 on: April 13, 2009, 11:13:28 AM »
I was playing a map the other day and it was 49-46 me and we both had grabbed but he capped right before me but I still won :P

Olbaid

• Autococker
« Reply #18 on: April 13, 2009, 11:29:54 PM »
If you are holding the flags while a team caps and gets 50 points, you should not be granted the extra points for holding the flags.  This is a flaw in the game and everyone who can use simple logic knows this. 

This game is based around CTF.

Playah

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #19 on: April 14, 2009, 10:58:15 AM »
That's arguable, olbaid. It'd be also possible to say a flaggrab needs always to be credited.