Author Topic: dp match rules?  (Read 6513 times)

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
Re: dp match rules?
« Reply #20 on: April 14, 2009, 04:32:56 PM »
If you are holding the flags while a team caps and gets 50 points, you should not be granted the extra points for holding the flags.  This is a flaw in the game and everyone who can use simple logic knows this. 

This game is based around CTF.
Simple logic:

The team with the most points wins.
If you're holding flags at the end of the match, your team gets additional points.
If your team has the most points, you win.

That's not a flaw in the game.  That's just how it was designed, and it's been that way for over 10 years.  This game is based on points.  Capturing the flag is just one of many ways to get points.  Holding flags at the end of a round or match is another way to get points.  If you think the game should be changed so that you don't get points for holding flags at the end of the match, I guess we can put it up on the feature vote, but I don't think everybody will agree.

Justinph5

• Autococker
« Reply #21 on: April 14, 2009, 05:20:21 PM »
<@XtremeBain> we only started seeing this scenario when he introduced overtime and fixed the bug where multiple flags didn't count properly (only once for 2 pts) when a team hit 50pts
<@XtremeBain> before then, if you hit 50pts, the other team would get 2pts only
<@XtremeBain> and it only happened every so often that it would be 45-49 goto 50-51, and that was regarded as a "glitch"
<@XtremeBain> so the win was counted for the capping team
<@XtremeBain> now that most maps are 2 flag, points being counted properly, the chances of it happening are higher

If you're holding flags at the end of the match, your team gets additional points.
should always be whoever gets to 50 first. That's the point of ctf. Why should points be added AFTER the fact that a team gets 50.   :/

Olbaid

• Autococker
« Reply #22 on: April 15, 2009, 02:27:21 PM »
Maybe it's just me, but if the game is based on points then why is there a limit set to reach?  Setting a defined limit seems that the first person to reach this limit wins.  Otherwise why set one, and just have the full 20 minutes played out with whoever has the most points wins?

James

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #23 on: April 16, 2009, 12:18:22 AM »
If anyone listens to Jitspoe about matching rules is a complete newbie. If you're going to want to make some rules try having some kind of reputation in the competitive clan community before you do it. When is the last time you matched? I know you can't tell us. You'll probably come up with something like, "What the intercourse, I develope all day I have no time to match and compete." We all know you make that obvious when you put in new things like impact grenades and tripping, and yes primed grenades are the exact same as regular grenades. When it comes to matching you have no say or authority.

Dukky

• Stingray
« Reply #24 on: April 19, 2009, 06:32:15 AM »
I think he has some authority seeing as he pretty much owns this game...

s0ul0

• Stingray
« Reply #25 on: April 28, 2009, 06:53:33 AM »
Whoever the game says wins, wins.  This is the first time I've heard any different.

thank you

edit:
, I guess we can put it up on the feature vote, but I don't think everybody will agree.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2009, 01:13:25 AM by s0ul0 »

Logic

• PGP
« Reply #26 on: May 19, 2009, 10:20:17 AM »
Agreed Dukky. Although other people should also be consulted; Matching Clan Leaders, the most Active members and obviously the committee. I do not believe however on Olbaids thoughts of the full 20 mins rule. If two clans are equal enought and defensive enough not to get to 50 before the end of the time limit, then good for them.

idias

• Autococker
« Reply #27 on: May 19, 2009, 10:57:06 AM »
I believe the main problems are, the choosing maps and servers in Euro vs American matches.
Also seen some problems with disconnecting before caps, some say ff, others let it go.

Kyuuchi

• Autococker
« Reply #28 on: May 19, 2009, 11:05:43 AM »
realistically speaking its just common courtesy to let it go
(we dont cos its unfair really)
but IMO its the persons fault if there capped on idle
personally disconnection to prevent caps/points is serious matters! FEATURE VOTE FTW!