Author Topic: Feature: Teammate/Enemy Death Notification Sound  (Read 1916 times)

mewa

• 68 Carbine
Feature: Teammate/Enemy Death Notification Sound
« on: May 22, 2009, 11:49:04 PM »
I want to hear some quirky chirps (similar to the ones used for mm1 and mm2) to aurally notify you of the loss of a player in round. It gets a little annoying and usually unreasonable to have to check the dialog or even the icons to see who's left with you. Basically, when one of those little bars of players goes away, a sound will play in unison.

To make it more complicated, it could be advantageous to make the effect vary in pitch based on how many players are left. Say 15/16 are alive, the pitch is low. When its 3/16, the pitch is high. With the obvious gradients in between, preferably on some log scale.

Would add a lot in terms of intense competition to the game for little effort. I think recon is the prime example of "The more information a player has about the other players in the game, the better the competition and play".

I'll find the sounds and modify (unless you've got something better) if you can just write in the code.

P.S. - If this passes, It should grandfather my smoke carrying feature request (http://dplogin.com/forums/index.php?topic=16061.msg156658#msg156658) as the two are reliant on eachother.

Thank you for your time.

mewa.rules

« Reason for editing: modified topic »
« Last Edit: March 20, 2011, 12:43:15 PM by webhead »

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
Re: Teammate/Enemy Death Notification Sound
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2011, 05:29:44 PM »