Author Topic: PBCup Summer 2009 Rules and Format  (Read 10296 times)

Bix

• Autococker
PBCup Summer 2009 Rules and Format
« on: May 23, 2009, 03:51:00 PM »
~~~Outline~~~

-PBCup Summer 2009 will be in a Four vs. Four format as it has been in the past.

-The league will start in early June.

-We are planning on having FOUR weeks of regular season. This will include roughly seven matches with one bye. Therefore each team will have about two matches a week. After that playoffs will take place.

-The maplist is currently under discussion. We will have 9 maps.

-All matches will be held on eR33t-Gaming servers located in the USA. Sorry for the inconvenience. (In discussion)

~~~Rules~~~

-The two teams competing will choose the time that they want to do their match.

-Each match will consist of 3 maps. One map chosen by your team, one by the other team, and the final will be a tie map that is ALWAYS played.

-You can only choose a map ONCE (this may change) in the regular season.

-The tie map will be chosen ahead of tiem for everone. There will be a tie map assigned to each half-week. Everyone will play this map for 'Round 3'

-There will be a ticket system to prevent clan hopping. Each player will have two tickets, therefore they can only change clans twice throughout the season. Rosters will be locked going into post-season.

-Each map you win will award you with 1 point. For example you can get 3 points in a match if you win all three maps. Regardless of winning the first two maps, the tie map is played.

NOTE: If you feel something is not correct, please state your opinion in this thread.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2009, 11:36:08 AM by XtremeBain »

magalhaes

• Autococker
Re: PBCup Summer 2009 Rules and Format
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2009, 05:12:38 PM »
Concerning the tie map issue, I think option A would be the best. Altough B has been used successfully in the europaint series, we always ended up playing the same tie map every round, usually the most popular.

Bix

• Autococker
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2009, 07:12:02 PM »
Idea to fit Euros in.

Only thing I could conceive would be this example.

Lets say we have 16 teams. Four Euro teams. Two brackets of eight. Two Euro teams in each bracket. You play each team in your bracket once, therefore you have 7 games. We do American's map on euro server and euro's map on American server. For the tie map the Euros play three tie maps on Euro servers and four tie maps on the American servers throughout the regular season. Thereforether euros play 3/7 their maps on Euro servers while the Americans play 4/7 their maps AGAINST Euros on American servers.

Maybe the Euros could choose the 3 matches where the tie map is on their server. Therefore they still have some advantage.

EdG Y

• PGP
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2009, 08:54:37 AM »
So euro teams could have tie on euro server againts hardest american rivals?

idias

• Autococker
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2009, 11:58:30 AM »
oO

Read it again son.
This is divided into categorys, not in how well the opponents play.

nub

• VM-68
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2009, 07:13:46 AM »

-Each map you win will award you with 1 point. For example you can get 3 points in a match if you win all three maps. Regardless of winning the first two maps, the tie map is played.

Why play a tie map if one team wins both maps??

If you want to have 3 maps.

Team A chooses theirs.
Team B chooses theirs.
3rd Map- Already decided on because it is mandatory to play.

It just seems that the 3rd map you have to play regardless if there is a tie or not.   So why not have a standard map.

skitzo

• Autococker
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2009, 08:47:18 AM »
1 MAP PER WEEK ALL THE WAY, seriously then we won't have disputes over "oh hey they know that better than i do", if it's one map they have an entire week to practice that ONE map and scrim on that map to prep for the actual match.

Bix

• Autococker
« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2009, 10:32:31 AM »

Why play a tie map if one team wins both maps??

If you want to have 3 maps.

Team A chooses theirs.
Team B chooses theirs.
3rd Map- Already decided on because it is mandatory to play.

It just seems that the 3rd map you have to play regardless if there is a tie or not.   So why not have a standard map.

Each "hafl-week" will consist of one match. In each map you play 3 rounds: the other team's map, your map, and a tie map. For every map you win you will be awarded with 1 point. This way people still get a point even if they lose the overall match, but still win a map.

1 MAP PER WEEK ALL THE WAY, seriously then we won't have disputes over "oh hey they know that better than i do", if it's one map they have an entire week to practice that ONE map and scrim on that map to prep for the actual match.

You are able to choose your map each week although you can only choose each map once. With 7 matches and 9 maps you should be able to choose which map you want and when you want to use it against which clan.

SkaDooSh

• Autococker
« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2009, 05:48:40 PM »
Just to clarify

you should be able to choose which map you want and when you want to use it against which clan.

Your team picks one map to play 2 teams on once a week? So you can't play one map the first match/half-week and a different one the 2nd?
Say your team gets a match the first half week against a team that sucks at x map, but the team you play the next half week is raw at it.

Can we see a list of the tie maps?

The brackets, So each clan only plays the 7 teams in their bracket, not every team in the tourny (Not including playoffs)? And if what happens if we get an uneven number of teams

Bix

• Autococker
« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2009, 07:33:43 PM »
We are not using euro servers, so scratch that idea. It is only eR33t-Gaming servers.

The tie map list will be from the 9 maps chosen. 8 of those maps will be assigned to each half-week.

SkaDooSh

• Autococker
« Reply #10 on: May 25, 2009, 07:41:26 PM »
Gotcha, what about the other 2 questions

Bix

• Autococker
« Reply #11 on: May 25, 2009, 09:34:54 PM »
Gotcha, what about the other 2 questions

With the 9 maps, you pick a different one for each half-week. Therefore you use 8 of the 9 maps. You can only choose each map once.

SkaDooSh

• Autococker
« Reply #12 on: May 26, 2009, 12:12:36 AM »
Lol got confused, I got it now.

Gold_Leader

• VM-68
« Reply #13 on: May 27, 2009, 09:37:54 PM »
Since I haven't seen this brought up in any of the PBCup threads going.  Are substitutions going to be allowed?  Due to my work schedule I am curious to know if I'm going to be able to play. 

Bix

• Autococker
« Reply #14 on: May 27, 2009, 10:43:07 PM »
Yes, everyone on Ij's roster will be able to play.

nightryder

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #15 on: May 28, 2009, 06:00:01 PM »
is there going to be a referee like there was in past pbcups? is the chat going to be turned off?

Bix

• Autococker
« Reply #16 on: May 28, 2009, 06:54:52 PM »
As of right now I don't think there will be referees. Each team will probably just turn in a SS from each map. Any further problems and a demo will be asked for.

The chat will probably be left on as we are going to be using the eR33t-Gaming servers on regular settings I believe.