Author Topic: clan contracts  (Read 9597 times)

abnormal

• Autococker
clan contracts
« on: August 18, 2009, 02:56:55 AM »
Hi,
This is not my idea. It's f3l1x's.

To reduce clanhopping there could be clan-contracts. The leader and the new member would settle on a minimal length of his staying in the clan. Then the member could stay or go somewhere else.
The contract could be also aborted, but with agreement of both sides.

fasian

• 68 Carbine
Re: clan contracts
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2009, 04:56:13 AM »
Cool idea.

Rocky

• Autococker
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2009, 05:04:23 AM »
and then when people wanna change clan but cant = multi acc
not a good idea

f3l1x

• Committee Member
  • VM-68
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2009, 05:24:50 AM »
not a good idea

No! Its good idea for normal,active clan with right members.. They wrote contract for 5 months(f.exa.) and if they wanna change clan after 2 months, they have to request clan leaders to breake contract .. Clan leaders + members could write contracts but shoudnt...

Its small prevention from clanhoppers ..
« Last Edit: August 18, 2009, 06:48:22 AM by f3l1x »

hoffig

• Stingray
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2009, 07:04:14 AM »

Fuzz Ball

• VM-68
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2009, 07:14:37 AM »
+1

not a good idea

I'm sure several things that cause multi accounting have been raised, just like this. The conclusion most times has been that "it's the person's own stupid fault for multi-accounting."

skitzo

• Autococker
« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2009, 08:22:19 AM »
And what happens if the member does something to the clan but doesn't want to agree to leave so the entire clan starts to have problems?

UDead

• Autococker
« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2009, 11:10:38 AM »
I don't like this idea, if you have to agree to a contract, it would turn new members away (they don’t know if they want on a contract), and it would create conflicts and people would be pm Jitspoe and so forth. -1

Kyuuchi

• Autococker
« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2009, 02:15:29 PM »
Lets try it. +1

SuperMAn

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #9 on: August 18, 2009, 02:31:42 PM »
I don't like this.  You should be able to do whatever you want, whenever you want.  If you want to leave your clan it isn't likely you will play anymore matches with them.  This contract would be useless.  There is no way to force someone to match with you.  Bad idea.

f3l1x

• Committee Member
  • VM-68
« Reply #10 on: August 18, 2009, 03:14:37 PM »
Hmm, hmmm, hmmm

My first ideat was so clan leaders conclude contracts with players for a specified periods. If player wanna leave a clan earlier, he have to ask his leader to breaking contract. If player broke rules of his clan, his leader can break that constract without player's agreement. If a clan breake down all constracts will be aborted.

It has 2 main good thing.

1st thing: I hate clanhoppers. Its very boring for me. If I search pernament members, i have 2 conditions .. The least possible player ID and it shouldn't be clanhopper. If players will have constracts, they dont be clanhoppers. If they'll create new account, he has high player ID and clans will not them  interested in..

2nd thing: It select players with multiaccounts and other normal players will know with who they playing ..

and last point, its prevent to quick changing players before match or before tournament..

Thats all =)

UDead

• Autococker
« Reply #11 on: August 18, 2009, 11:58:18 PM »
This is a game not work, so why would you want to agree to a contract? This is just going to create conflicts down the road and is not worth it. I have been play pball for a while, even now I would not agree to a contract just to be in a clan that all you do is make your name look better, match, have a server and stuff like that. A clan is nothing special to have a contract you have to agree too.

Cameron

• Global Moderator
  • Autococker
« Reply #12 on: August 19, 2009, 01:49:56 AM »
Multiple Accounts.  Period

Until people stop using the 'OMFG THATS MY BROTHER, WTFZORZ!?!???' excuse for multiple accounts, something like this will never be implemented.

UDead

• Autococker
« Reply #13 on: August 19, 2009, 01:58:44 AM »
We are both right Cameron, so -1 for this idea.

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #14 on: August 19, 2009, 03:52:02 PM »
http://dplogin.com/dplogin/featurevote/feature.php?id=10213

Though perhaps instead of contracts, we could have simple limitations on how frequently you can leave and join clans.

RoBbIe

• Autococker
« Reply #15 on: August 22, 2009, 09:43:44 PM »
Maybe make it like names, you make a name you cant delete it for 30 days, so if you make a clan you cant leave it for 30 days, Just for the leader not for members, so members can leave at anytime, but the leader would have to stay in for 30 days before killing the clan, it would help reduce constant clan changing, like for example player newbie creates a clan [Ex.1] and gains 5 members, they get bored of there clan tag and just make a new clan [Ex.2], So i hope you understand what i mean, it will also make leaders be more serious rather then saying hey imma make a clan and see if its fun, if not ill leave a day or 2 later

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #16 on: August 24, 2009, 12:05:46 AM »
Maybe make it like names, you make a name you cant delete it for 30 days, so if you make a clan you cant leave it for 30 days, Just for the leader not for members, so members can leave at anytime, but the leader would have to stay in for 30 days before killing the clan, it would help reduce constant clan changing, like for example player newbie creates a clan [Ex.1] and gains 5 members, they get bored of there clan tag and just make a new clan [Ex.2], So i hope you understand what i mean, it will also make leaders be more serious rather then saying hey imma make a clan and see if its fun, if not ill leave a day or 2 later
Having a time limit on creating clans sounds a lot more reasonable than a contract system.  Disallowing new players from creating clans for a set period of time would discourage multiple accounts as well.

abnormal

• Autococker
« Reply #17 on: August 24, 2009, 02:45:29 AM »
Having a time limit on creating clans sounds a lot more reasonable than a contract system.  Disallowing new players from creating clans for a set period of time would discourage multiple accounts as well.
I think so. +1

UDead

• Autococker
« Reply #18 on: August 24, 2009, 04:43:35 AM »
Still say this is going to screw up somehow. -1

Justinph5

• Autococker
« Reply #19 on: August 26, 2009, 12:11:06 PM »
How about something like:

1. New players cannot join/create a clan for 48 hours.
2. All players can only join/create 2 (or 3) clans per month.

That should clean out most of the issues, and keep the limit rules pretty simple.