Author Topic: <<help>> Internet will stop working during game  (Read 1902 times)

darksid3

• PGP
<<help>> Internet will stop working during game
« on: August 30, 2009, 08:30:50 PM »
during game play the game will act like Internet is disconnected and then if i go to my Internet browser it will not show anything.. my router seems fine (all lights are on as normal) and the only solution i have found for this is to restart my computer.. but i have played this game for a long long time and it hasn't happened before until about a month ago and not its becoming a repetitive problem and is very annoying when in middle of a game and the screen freezes.

If anyone can help ill greatly appreciate it

Thanks,
Darksid3

flip

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
Re: <<help>> Internet will stop working during game
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2009, 11:26:08 AM »
Sounds like a connection problem. If you're wireless try to get closer to the source. If you're wired than update drivers for everything. The first thing to check would be wait for it to start doing it again, then check your connection to the internet. Open up your network options and see what the icon says. You can right click your modem and do a repair. If it starts working properly for a little while then you know it's your connection. You can also just release your ipconfig and renew it through the cmd line. I've had this issue and it is not paintball just a poor connection.

wizzi

• VM-68
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2009, 05:11:30 PM »
i agree with flip. when my game crashes its usually just my wireless gone awall and a reconnect does the trick for me. i also tend to notice because of things like msn shutting off. But yeah if it freezes make sure your not disconnected by accident.

flip

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2009, 11:10:09 AM »
It happens to me depending on the weather and I run a direct connection. It could be due to your modem, router, or even your internet settings such as firewall, antivirus, or numerous other settings and some cases I had a relay/node go out due to inclement weather. This last one caused half the neighbor hood to have a connection go in and out sporadically.

PwNno0bS

• Stingray
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2010, 08:10:43 PM »
I have this same problem all the time >.< it really does upset me. First i thought it was because i had xfire..got rid of that and it still happened. So i figured i should close out of my web browsers and stuff but that didnt help. So hopefully what your guys suggest works :o