Author Topic: [Feature Request] 1 Week Trial  (Read 3412 times)

MyeRs

• Autococker
[Feature Request] 1 Week Trial
« on: September 15, 2009, 07:56:04 PM »
Basically, when people join a clan they would have to stay in the clan for 1 week in order for it to follow you in clan history or on that clan's former members list. It would probably make good clans take a shot on less skilled players and maybe the less skilled players can prove themself. Although a week isn't much time, it could even help him making another clan, just by seeing how the better clan plays.

The objective is more so clan's can give players a trial, and players can't join a team for 'the former'. They would have to stay in the clan and be part of the team. Because if you joined a team for a day on accidental acceptance, you shouldn't of been part of that team.

I'm aware that former clan's don't really matter due to the fact that player's have a basic idea of other player's skill already and don't care about the former clans, but it would be better to have clans they didn't leave in a day or two.

An issue that could occur is that people might join a team for a match and their former doesn't raise, but at the current inactiveness of the clanscene that wouldn't really matter.

SkaDooSh

• Autococker
Re: [Feature Request] 1 Week Trial
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2009, 08:14:56 PM »
This would be really helpful. It gives the chance for a clan to Really see how a player does in say a match compared to a 1v1 tryout on just a simple map or two. The clan would have a week to decide whether or not they want this person in their clan.

As for that issue, maybe the trial would be set at a week. So if someone joins, they join for a week, no leaving. And maybe after the week is over, they must be accepted again by a leader to join the clan. This makes it so the leader doesn't have to be on at the exact week ending to stop the player from automatically joining the clan, if they didn't get a chance to say no.

If the "clan contracts" are still being looked into, they would start after the trial. And there can be 2 options to let a player in a clan, Accept into clan, and Accept as trial. That way people can still join without a trial, if the clan wishes so.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2009, 08:38:10 PM by SkaDooSh »

blaa

• Autococker
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2009, 07:01:52 AM »
 Why do it so formal?

Cameron

• Global Moderator
  • Autococker
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2009, 01:17:07 AM »
Why do it so formal?
Does it matter?  Its better that these forums could become more formal.  I can actually read it easily without having to attempt to understand it.

Anyway, in my opinion a week isn't even enough.  To show as that person has been an actual part of a clan, a month at minimum.

mewa

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2009, 12:21:23 AM »
i second the month option.

wizzi

• VM-68
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2009, 04:14:53 PM »
make a poll on week or month. but my guess is month will still be more popular. but say if they wanted to leave between that week and the end of that month? should their be seperate times within the month you can choose to leave or not?

Fuzz Ball

• VM-68
« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2009, 02:20:28 AM »
If its a month, it'll help stop clan hopping, and it'll make people think twice about joining a clan. But that's also a problem: you might start to see less and less clans with more independent people, merely because they don't want to be forced to stay with a clan for a month.

zimtstern

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2009, 02:32:19 AM »
funny cause this problem only exists in the american clanscene..
i`d vote for a month.

MyeRs

• Autococker
« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2009, 05:25:34 AM »
FuzzBall, they wouldn't be forced to stay in for a month. They can leave earlier but it wouldn't show on dplogin that they were truly in the clan. It could increase clanhopping as they would see it wouldn't follow them around. But then it would also help my other thread, the clans wouldnt register unless alive for a month and having a year expiration date. So over half the current clans in the database would not on it as they lasted a few days for the most part.

With the little amount of players I don't find it a big issue if somebody is clanless and joins a team for a week to match, then leaves. Yeah they weren't part of a team, or don't look like a clanhopper because it doesn't follow them around but people still can tell if you are on. A ringer would probably just join the team for the match. But this might also 'might not as well' make players more dedicated to their team. If it's a good team that they want to be remembered more players might try to keep it alive longer. OR knowing it would be a month before it could follow them, they might spend 3 weeks and make a clan with weaker players helping them. Who knows, but it would lower people crying about their former clans, and probably make a few less clanhoppers?

Promaster

• Stingray
« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2010, 01:00:56 AM »
for me its not how the person plays. you can teach it to them. its how you get along with the people in that clan that matters. but a week is fine.