Author Topic: [Feature Request] Refresh dplogin  (Read 5374 times)

MyeRs

• Autococker
[Feature Request] Refresh dplogin
« on: September 20, 2009, 06:42:38 PM »
If you want to make a team, it's almost impossible to find a tag. Names aren't as much of an issue, but the tags can be different and still not work. If you want the tag: [lol] and a dead team that had 1 person ever in it had: ..::L.O.L::.. You can't have the tag. Although they are completely different. You can pm Jitspoe to change your tag, but he has better things to do. One big refresh would last the next few years.

Maybe just, any team that only had 1 player in it be deleted? Or atleast the characters and letters must be the same for the tag, not just the letters. It's just a thought, but it gets fustrating having to use like 7 letters in order to make a tag, but it ends up being the name of your team and not an abreviation.

Cameron

• Global Moderator
  • Autococker
Re: [Feature Request] Refresh dplogin
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2009, 06:41:06 AM »
There are dead clans like that yes.  But there are also 1 person clans that are dead and will never revive but that player is still in the clan.  Its hard to choose if that person will come back, etc, and its also a waste of time to run through and see if that person just wants to be a one man clan, etc.  It would be helpful, but many issues can arise.

If you were to just delete clans with 1-2 members that died, Jitspoe would have to keep a backup of the deleted clans lying around somewhere, incase someone came back and wanted their clan back, therefore rising issues again, as a high leveled clan may have built themselves on the tag.

I'm sure many people would want this, but its just too hard to do.

Kyuuchi

• Autococker
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2009, 09:10:38 AM »
Good idea myers.

shaBoii

• PGP
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2009, 04:45:54 PM »
Very true, and i think this is a really great idea

wizzi

• VM-68
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2009, 12:08:36 PM »
when people register they use an e-mail yes? they could be sent an e-mail about the clan or not.

MOFO

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2009, 12:25:29 PM »
lol my post got deleted from here?!?!? i agree with sha

Cameron

• Global Moderator
  • Autococker
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2009, 10:40:08 PM »
Did any of you read my post (cept wizzi)?  Obviously you people that skipped it must be those people that hop around clans that ACTUALLY complain about it.  Its not an exactly easy task to do.  Like I said, the owner of the original tag / clan / name, whatever you take may come back and want it, and it puts more excrement on jitspoes shoulders that he has to take care of.

If you want to get a tag / clan or whatever, maybe try contacting the person yourself?  The committee tends to get a bit of this stuff anyway, we end up contacting these people and asking if they want the clans / tags, etc and then you guys just get told the clan / tag thing has been deleted or you are a leader of it.

You do the research, you do the work.  You work for what you want.

MyeRs

• Autococker
« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2009, 05:32:17 AM »
Half of the players taking these tags do not play anymore, how do we contact them? It's impossible for us, we have no information on how to aswell. Look at all the accounts in this game, yet 200 play at most per day. I'm aware my first suggestion isn't all that easy to do, and could have complaints. But say we figure it out then contact jitspoe, he's busy it takes weeks to get done. Yeah a few weeks isn't that long and all but still the point. Every single 1 letter tag/name is taken. Most 2 letter tags are taken, and alot of 3 letter tags are taken. So if you make a team, your dealing with pretty much putting your clanname as your tag.

What about putting an experation date on clans? Like, if a clan is inactive for 1 year [meaning nobody in the clan for a year] Then it gets deleted. If they don't open it for a year, how likely is it they really care about it? Or they could be loyal to their new team, which means they most likely upgraded and don't need to go back.

Atleast if that's not possible, please change it so you must have name/symbols both the same on a tag for it not to work. As I had an example of in my original post.

wizzi

• VM-68
« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2009, 04:09:28 PM »
Half of the players taking these tags do not play anymore, how do we contact them? It's impossible for us, we have no information on how to aswell. Look at all the accounts in this game, yet 200 play at most per day.

is their some kind of database type thing jitspoe has on his pc for all e-mails ect that are registered? if he can ban players then he has their ip ect. so he must be able to contact them somehow.

Cameron

• Global Moderator
  • Autococker
« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2009, 05:46:29 PM »
Yes, the email that is used to activate the account, jitspoe has access to as its in the logs we use to contact players with nothing in their profile.  But that's private information.

Expiration dates.... I quite like the idea of that.  It informs a person that their clan will expire after a specific time, and then we don't have the issues of people coming back and wondering what happened, etc.  The only thing is, it would've been much easier to implement at the start of the GLS.

MyeRs

• Autococker
« Reply #10 on: September 25, 2009, 01:16:35 PM »
Well couldn't the database be restarted with expiration dates added etc, aswell as added mIRC details on the create account/clan pages. So when people go create their new clans/accounts they would be more aware about these things. But it's a pain to make a clan, your just putting your clanname as your tag now. It's annoying.

wizzi

• VM-68
« Reply #11 on: September 25, 2009, 02:04:18 PM »
if your gonna use an experiation thing it will only be if the clan has been dead for say..5 months? shorter? longer?

and by dead i mean not one player in the clan still plays

Cameron

• Global Moderator
  • Autococker
« Reply #12 on: September 25, 2009, 06:22:46 PM »
Don't clan profiles already have room for IRC details?  You add it afterwards I believe, or are you requesting when you make a clan, you get to see all the details you can add to your clan?  Also with restarting the database, it'd be like when it went 'live'.  Everyone has to re-register their accounts and make clans again, etc.  Have to hear jitspoes opinion on this sorta stuff.

MyeRs

• Autococker
« Reply #13 on: September 25, 2009, 07:07:48 PM »
I'm just offering multiple idea's on the subject to see which are liked and disliked. My favourite idea is the database get refreshed and expiration dates get added.

wizzi

• VM-68
« Reply #14 on: September 26, 2009, 03:26:10 AM »
im not so sure on an entire refresh but the site could use clan experiations made possible yes.

SuperMAn

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #15 on: December 12, 2009, 02:57:43 PM »
Here is an idea.  Stay in 1 clan.