Author Topic: New Map: Twilight2_preview  (Read 15997 times)

Chef-Killer

• Autococker
Re: New Map: Twilight2_preview
« Reply #20 on: December 05, 2009, 06:09:18 AM »
Thanks for the feedback.

The tram should only kill blocking people. Maybe you touched the cable over the tram, you shouldn't do that ;)

That you can't shoot people in it has to do with the not moving transparent textures. In some places are windows (but you can't see them atm), in other places is nothing, so you can shoot people there. I can understand, that it is weird and you were confused. I'm waiting for the feature... That's also the reason, I just made a preview, not a beta.

But I don't like the idea with your speed way. I know what you mean, but I'm not a fan of speed and jump maps. Maybe it's just me. I think it is almost the same like this stupid ice speed jumps many (new) maps have
, where you can fly through the half of the map. I just hate it.
Btw, you can get high with two people, there are no clip brushes. If you want, you can test it. It's not a speed way, just another (useful) route.

I noticed the problem too, that you hit the cliff very often while trying to cap. It's very stupid. I will fix it in the next version.

_burnt

• Autococker
« Reply #21 on: December 05, 2009, 08:38:57 AM »
I noticed the problem too, that you hit the cliff very often while trying to cap. It's very stupid. I will fix it in the next version.

Good :) It was really annoying when you had caps but hit the cliff...

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #22 on: January 27, 2010, 06:07:49 PM »
The spaceballs textures look really out of place in this map, I think.  The map should probably just be called twilight (though I actually think the original "lockdown" name fit the theme better), since the first one was never really finished.

Also, looks like the images are dead.

Chef-Killer

• Autococker
« Reply #23 on: January 28, 2010, 08:51:45 AM »
Yes, I have to think about some textures (jump pads etc.). Also I have no problem with other names, I can change it, when I continue this map. I just thought, twilight2 would be the best one.

But I will wait with this map, since this stupid bug is fixed...

Edit: Fixed the pics, thanks!

Dirty_Taco

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #24 on: January 28, 2010, 04:58:22 PM »
Post removed
« Last Edit: July 25, 2010, 11:46:34 PM by Dirty_Taco »

joker909

• Stingray
« Reply #25 on: February 09, 2010, 10:59:32 AM »
The map is very nice.
It looks real ;D
Good Job

Shazam

• PGP
« Reply #26 on: February 20, 2010, 04:11:19 PM »
i like the map

Scars

• Stingray
« Reply #27 on: May 15, 2010, 09:43:03 AM »
Are you still working on this ?

Chef-Killer

• Autococker
« Reply #28 on: May 15, 2010, 10:07:20 AM »
I'm waiting for jitspoe before making the first beta ;)

He should fix the bug with the transparent moving textures first, because I won't make a final map with bugs, whether it's a bug in the map or a bug in the game. If it's fixed I will also add the minclientbuild key to the map, that it's not possible to play with older bugged game builds.

blaa

• Autococker
« Reply #29 on: May 16, 2010, 02:15:33 PM »
 You can't even make a beta?

Chef-Killer

• Autococker
« Reply #30 on: May 17, 2010, 09:48:09 AM »
The preview is nearly the first beta. It's final compile and should be playable without bigger problems. I just don't want to spend and waste more time if the bug never will be fixed maybe.

BASEBALLDUDE

• Autococker
« Reply #31 on: December 07, 2013, 02:22:57 PM »
I just played a really cool-looking map called twilight2_preview on Siege Europa. Apparently, it's by IronFist, Chef-Killer, Dirty_Taco, and jitspoe. Are you guys planning on finishing up this map?

-extremely laggy. I don't know if there's any way to fix this without removing some of the cool stuff but you could probably figure out a way.
-If the map's name is "twilight," don't make the setting mid-day. It would be really awesome to have this map at nighttime in its current state, especially when Jits released the epic hr4 night sky.
-there's obviously a physical target for the light from the cable car. Make it invisible, if that's possible.
-if you wish to keep it in its current daytime theme rather than having it be night, rename it so the name isn't misleading.
-this map is very original, fresh, and cool-looking.

ic3y

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #32 on: December 07, 2013, 03:29:44 PM »
- Not laggy
- It's just a "remake" of twilight (ftp://www.otb-server.de/pub/Maps/twilight.bsp)

BASEBALLDUDE

• Autococker
« Reply #33 on: December 07, 2013, 04:39:09 PM »
- Not laggy
For me it is laggy. Maybe it's just my computer not handing entities very well. I'm no expert on this subject though.

Chef-Killer

• Autococker
« Reply #34 on: December 08, 2013, 03:44:46 AM »
Merged the topics.

Thanks for the feedback.

The map doesn't have lots of VIS blockers atm. That results in bad r_speeds and lags, when the game have to draw almost the whole map all the time.

I don't think that I have enough time to continue with this map.

If the others want to do that, I can publish the mapfile.

Aero

• PGP
« Reply #35 on: January 08, 2014, 11:52:57 AM »
I love this map, i have a preety high end pc and dont have low fps problems.